Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings air_forced's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Will be in Colorado Springs this weekend. Couple questions.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'll be in town for the weekend and some of my friends from when I was in the military are driving up from New Mexico. What's a good bar in the COS area? Preferably cheap drinks, no live band, and plenty eye candy. I know, I'm probably asking too much.

Also, can you still go shooting in the national forest out behind cheyenne mountain?
    K24 B5 S4

Veteran Member Four Rings 100Daily's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I lived in the springs for 5 years in college. Be aware if you go downtown, all of your fellow military guys will try and fight you. 5 testosterone filled military bases in one town + no women = Fights Every Night. If you DO find some eye candy, rest assured some GI will come over and talk shit just for looking. I wish I was kidding. That said, there aren't many options so bar-hopping downtown is probably your best bet. Just be on the lookout for trouble.

As far as shooting in the national park, that is news to me. I have been hiking back there countless times and never heard gunfire.
    2012 Audi R8 V10 Gated - Phantom Black - Black Optics

Gone But Not Forgotten: 2013 S4 3.0 ---- 2008 A5 3.2 ---- 2005.5 A4 2.0T ---- 1993 90S 2.8

AZ Member #

Might just have to make the drive to Denver..

A couple years back we used to go out past cheyenne mountain. Bear Trap Mountain road I think. It's not in the park. You pass through the park, and into the National Forest. There was a sign up that said recreational shooting is now permitted. Was wondering if this was still there. Trying to decide if it is worth the hassle at the airport to bring one with me.
    K24 B5 S4

Veteran Member Four Rings auditd0rk's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 100Daily View Post
    I lived in the springs for 5 years in college. Be aware if you go downtown, all of your fellow military guys will try and fight you. 5 testosterone filled military bases in one town + no women = Fights Every Night. If you DO find some eye candy, rest assured some GI will come over and talk shit just for looking. I wish I was kidding. That said, there aren't many options so bar-hopping downtown is probably your best bet. Just be on the lookout for trouble.
    ^^ Pretty much this ^^

Safe bets downtown include Phantom Canyon (great beer, decent pub fare, pool hall upstairs) and Jack Quinn's (good beer and food, will be loud if they have a band playing). There's a block-long row of clubs on Tejon between Kiowa and Pikes Peak... that's typically where the shit goes down (fights, etc.). Farther south on Tejon is Southside Johnnies -- I've actually had some good nights there, but it can be hit or miss on trouble breaking out.

If you venture up north and in the mood for a chain bar, the Old Chicago at Woodmen and I-25 is decent place and easy to get to from the interstate. The upstairs bar can get crowded, but I always find it to be a pretty mellow crowd.

If you decide to head to Denver and don't want to venture into downtown, the Yard House at Park Meadows is pretty good -- tons of beer. The Tavern (in the Denver Tech Center) is also a good place -- definitely lots of eye candy, but the place gets pretty packed.
    2012 A4 Quattro, Monsoon Grey | CTS K04, HFC | APR K04 v3 Tune | AWE Exhaust | Eurocode FMIC, Alu Kreuz, Sway Bars | Bilstein PSS10 | SPC UCAs | Apikol Rear Diff Mount | 034 Transmission Mount Insert, End-links | StopTech ST-60 BBK | S4 rear brakes | CR-15 brace

Veteran Member Four Rings 100Daily's Avatar
    AZ Member #

+1 Old Chicago on Woodmen is a good place. Close to UCCS so there might be some women, but not downtown where all the shit goes down.
    2012 Audi R8 V10 Gated - Phantom Black - Black Optics

Gone But Not Forgotten: 2013 S4 3.0 ---- 2008 A5 3.2 ---- 2005.5 A4 2.0T ---- 1993 90S 2.8

AZ Member #

Thanks for the info guys. Looking forward to my trip. Haven't been out near the mountains in awhile. Not really looking forward to the cold though. Have been in Florida all winter and have gotten used to 65 degrees being "cold".
    K24 B5 S4