Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Control Arms

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Control Arms

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I know this has been talked about often but i have a question if the dealer is lying or not. I went in becasue there were squeeks comming out from the front left wheel. As the dealer said "need front tie rod, and wish bone left side" Now is there anyway that the wishbone got bent or anything or are they trying to get money from me? Should i go ahead and just buy a new control arm assembly and see if the sounds goes away? And finally can the shock ever go bad to produce a "psshhh" sound when ever i go over a bump?

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 B8.5 S4s

Could get bent somehow, but I'd guess they were talking about the joint in the arm with no further details... Either one could be making noise. Shocks normally make the pshhh sound over speed bumps and such, is that what you mean?
    Keep right pass left, it's the law!!

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

no just over all when i go over a little bump or just rolling on gravel it will make that sound.

Veteran Member Four Rings TheBlueMartin's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 A6 3.2, 2009 Q7 4.2 Prestige, 2014 Regal GS M/T

Well, if they really said 'wishbone' they are lying....Audi's from '96 up have 4 link independant front suspensions. The ball joints on the outer links of the suspention can make noise, and can bend.

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/...ory=Suspension
    Last edited by TheBlueMartin; 05-20-2005 at 02:15 PM.
    "Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself makes you fearless" Lao Tzu

2006 A6 3.2 Avant- Black.
    2009 Q7 4.2 Prestige - Lava.