Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by whiped View Post
    Cool, super helpful fuel logs.

You're leaning out a bit up top but I think that is a result of the tune and not mechanical. (Injector window gets shorter for some reason)

Any idea what timing request is on this tune? (It doesn't really change which is why I didn't have you log it assuming you know it :) )

If possible try to switch to something with mid 20* of timing and do another set of logs. These parameters are fine for the time being. I'm just trying to rule things out.
    I'm not sure. The EPL DP 93 octane tune. I'll ask them tmrw. I think it's meant to lean out at the top, actually.

Senior Member Four Rings whiped's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Oh ok, I thought you were on GIAC for some reason.

You're not going super lean just deviating from requested. Doesn't Tony have a tune specifical for an Ethanol blend?
    Geoff
    '13 S4 - Glacier White | DSG | 034 Stage 2+ | Current Setup
    452WHP / 443WTQ | 11.352 @ 119.26 | 034 Featured User

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by whiped View Post
    Oh ok, I thought you were on GIAC for some reason.

You're not going super lean just deviating from requested. Doesn't Tony have a tune specifical for an Ethanol blend?
    They're reviewing the logs i sent them yesterday. I'm stumped man :(

Thing is, high end power feels fine, throttle response under like 3500RPM feels like poo though.

how did my fuel pressure numbers look? specifically down lower?

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Fuel pressure is fine. Lambda request (a.k.a requested AFR) is not what I would call "performance" enrichment until after 4,000rpm. The calibrator (a.k.a. "Tuner") is responsible for the lambda request. Actual follows requested quite well. The engine is doing what the ecu is telling it to do.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by sb_gli View Post
    Fuel pressure is fine. Lambda request (a.k.a requested AFR) is not what I would call "performance" enrichment until after 4,000rpm. The calibrator (a.k.a. "Tuner") is responsible for the lambda request. Actual follows requested quite well. The engine is doing what the ecu is telling it to do.
    Everyone else running this tune isn't having problems... That's the thing.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Morritse View Post
    Everyone else running this tune isn't having problems... That's the thing.
    I don't know what to tell you, other than numbers don't lie. Maybe everyone else is oblivious (believe it or not this is actually highly likely)?

Do you expect that you will get good power with a .90 fuel request @ 4000 rpm on full boost? This engine can make full boost under 2,500 rpms, and the fuel request needs to account for that. It's obvious that their target lambda is ~.80 (which I'd expect to see throughout the powerband) because it eventually enriches to that after 5,000rpm. So why not earlier in the power band like every tune ever on every FI platform? Look at logs from other tunes in this thread. Performance enrichment is in effect immediately when you hit the throttle.

I just looked through this entire thread for someone else with an EPL tune that had actual or desired lambda logged an came up with nothing.

Someone who has an EPL tune, I don't care what stage or options, should log their file and include actual and desired lambda. Then we can see if maybe they missed something in your file, or maybe that's just what all of their tunes are doing.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Going to log with a different tune. Will post ASAP

AZ Member #

I don't know what to tell you, other than numbers don't lie. Maybe everyone else is oblivious (believe it or not this is actually highly likely)?

Do you expect that you will get good power with a .90 fuel request @ 4000 rpm on full boost? This engine can make full boost under 2,500 rpms, and the fuel request needs to account for that. It's obvious that their target lambda is ~.80 (which I'd expect to see throughout the powerband) because it eventually enriches to that after 5,000rpm. So why not earlier in the power band like every tune ever on every FI platform? Look at logs from other tunes in this thread. Performance enrichment is in effect immediately when you hit the throttle.

I just looked through this entire thread for someone else with an EPL tune that had actual or desired lambda logged an came up with nothing.

Someone who has an EPL tune, I don't care what stage or options, should log their file and include actual and desired lambda. Then we can see if maybe they missed something in your file, or maybe that's just what all of their tunes are doing.
    I've got some in the EPL owners discussion thread. A page or two back. Both banks lambda requested vs actual. Im running the DP E85 file

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
    I've got some in the EPL owners discussion thread. A page or two back. Both banks lambda requested vs actual. Im running the DP E85 file
    Care to provide a link?

AZ Member #

Care to provide a link?
    https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...php?p=13192442

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Those are just graphs, and I can't be sure of the logging source to trust that it's accurate, but yours has a .90 lambda request all the way to redline, and actual doesn't match desired at all. What the?

I've found a few other EPL logs floating around and the lambda request is delayed on those like I see here too. I don't really understand this strategy. It's a supercharged engine, boost is immediate, you don't need a leaner request to help spool up a laggy turbo. Perhaps this fueling strategy is intended for some other reason?

I would think you'd want to get right to performance enrichment as (~.80 lambda) soon as possible as to further cool the combustion charge, help prevent detonation, and reduce egts. Logs from other tuners exhibit this strategy.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

You have to talk about fuel type when talking about lambdas... Can't just be .8

AZ Member #

You're thinking AFR. I am talking lamdba, just like what your o2 sensor reads. lambda 1 = stoich no matter the fuel type.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Oh right. You have to account from lambda to afr... Not the other way around.

Senior Member Four Rings whiped's Avatar
    AZ Member #

It's probably just Tony's tuning strategy. Mine lambda targets 0.81 in low RPMs and leans out a bit as it gets above 6000

AZ Member #

Whiped, care to post a log with desired and actual from 2k to red line?

AZ Member #

Those are just graphs, and I can't be sure of the logging source to trust that it's accurate, but yours has a .90 lambda request all the way to redline, and actual doesn't match desired at all. What the?

I've found a few other EPL logs floating around and the lambda request is delayed on those like I see here too. I don't really understand this strategy. It's a supercharged engine, boost is immediate, you don't need a leaner request to help spool up a laggy turbo. Perhaps this fueling strategy is intended for some other reason?

I would think you'd want to get right to performance enrichment as (~.80 lambda) soon as possible as to further cool the combustion charge, help prevent detonation, and reduce egts. Logs from other tuners exhibit this strategy.

I'll post the full logs when I get home. You have me worrying now lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Empty...for now...

Erratic, rough idle and crappy gas mileage for a while now. I have another thread dedicated to this but no conclusive feedback yet. EPL Stage 1, ECS Luft Technik intake wand AWE Touring resonated exhaust. Thanks in advance for any help!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a7j26dxwhj..._%269.CSV?dl=0
    2015 Daytona Gray S4
    6MT / Sport Diff / B&O / Tech Pkg / Carbon Atlas / Black Alcantara
    Mods: S5 Rotors, Xpel Ultimate, 3M Color Stable Tint 35%, H&R Street Performance Coilovers, Euro Code Alu Kreuz, Eurocode Sway Bars+Endlinks, CR-15, Eurocode Meisterwerk ASTS, AWE Resonated Touring Exhaust, ECS Luft-Technik Intake, 034 Transmission Mount, HCX LED 3000k Fog Lights, Apikol Rear Diff Mount

AZ Member #

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oyb...ew?usp=sharing

Here are the logs. Fuel logs in one tab, performance logs in the other tab.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oyb...ew?usp=sharing

Here are the logs. Fuel logs in one tab, performance logs in the other tab.
    I am confused by the flat line .90 lambda request.

AZ Member #

I am confused by the flat line .90 lambda request.
    I'm not sure either, maybe someone else can chime in.

Established Member Three Rings Ford Prefect's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Silver S4, Mercedes Benz R350 ('07 & '11), Suzuki SV1000

Alright everyone, here are my logs. Go ahead, make your comments about the timing pull, just offer suggestions too!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Could bad gas really be the cause?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    Alright everyone, here are my logs. Go ahead, make your comments about the timing pull, just offer suggestions too!

yes, the same thing happened to me on 91 as well.
    Take the suggestion and a a few gallons of ethanol.

- - - Updated - - -

I did some logs of boost levels, they seem to be a bit low, I'm running the CTS SC pulley and 179mm crank. I may be getting some belt slippage

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QF6...ew?usp=sharing

What do you guys think?

Senior Member Three Rings awwturbo's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 VW Passat Komfort Wagon, 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post

The corrections are concerning and the boost doesn't seem to be getting to where a stage 2 should be. Max boost from what I calculated seems to be 14.7psi. It looks like you shifted just shy of 6k rpms as well. Try getting to 7,200rpms and see how the timing and boost levels look. But there is definitely something amiss here. Any misfire codes?

Here is my most current log from last month.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it#gid=7437066
    [2012 Audi S4 Prestige | S-tronic | Moonlight Blue | Black Nappa Leather | Sport Diff | Titanium Package | IE Stage 2 tune & DSG tune | AWE Coldfront System | CTS 57.02mm S/C Pulley | JHM 179mm Crank Pulley | ECS Luft-Technik Intake | CR-15 Brace | H&R OE Sport Springs | 034 Trans Insert | ECS rear diff mount | JHM Race Pipes]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345