Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 315 of 315 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315
Results 12,561 to 12,566 of 12566
    Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    69 Nova

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Is -1.7 of front camber too much for a daily?

It sounds ridiculously high, but that's what I'm running.

I installed 034 adjustable uppers and had a shop align it and the printout says final specs were -1.7 of camber on each side and I think 0.05 of toe-in per side.
    04 A4 3.0 Quattro 6 Speed
    69 Nova with a bunch of stuffs

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jet08 View Post
    I would definitely start with the alignment marks at TDC in case anything goes south, it should be easy to turn the engine over if you have the coils\plugs removed or are you saying to can't see the alignment marks because of your pipe issue?
    I can see the marks on the cam sprocket easily. But previous owner put an intercooler pipe right underneath the snub mount, so there's no way I get get a wrench in the gap and onto the crank bolt. :(
    And I really don't want to touch that pipe as it popped off the turbo side on me twice in the past year. But I guess I'll have to, huh?
    A simple job and there's always something that makes it last 10x longer.
    2005 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Avant / 6-speed / Ultrasport - Unicorn rescue operation in progress.
    WTB: Mint condition silver B6 passenger fender.

Senior Member Three Rings 2004a4b630QT's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '04 A4 3.0 QTip

Quote Originally Posted by eljay View Post
    I think you just stumbled upon the Audi service training slogan.

Veteran Member Four Rings fR3ZNO's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Question for everyone... going to replace the bushings on the lower control since the toe bolts are seized and figured, "while I'm in there" (famous last words).

Has anyone had to replace the rear track arms?

I was looking at the rear track rods and was considering replacing them since I can't seem to find just the bushings.

I can see the marks on the cam sprocket easily. But previous owner put an intercooler pipe right underneath the snub mount, so there's no way I get get a wrench in the gap and onto the crank bolt. :(
    And I really don't want to touch that pipe as it popped off the turbo side on me twice in the past year. But I guess I'll have to, huh?
    FWIW, I've done a number of CCT's without putting the engine at TDC. However, I do use white out or a paint pen to mark the chains and cam caps just to make sure nothing goes out of time. The OCD side of me would prefer to put the engine at TDC, but it's a pain in the ass to get a socket on the crank bolt without moving the rad support.
    "If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." - Ferdinand Porsche

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by fR3ZNO View Post
    Question for everyone... going to replace the bushings on the lower control since the toe bolts are seized and figured, "while I'm in there" (famous last words).

Has anyone had to replace the rear track arms?

I was looking at the rear track rods and was considering replacing them since I can't seem to find just the bushings.

FWIW, I've done a number of CCT's without putting the engine at TDC. However, I do use white out or a paint pen to mark the chains and cam caps just to make sure nothing goes out of time. The OCD side of me would prefer to put the engine at TDC, but it's a pain in the ass to get a socket on the crank bolt without moving the rad support.
    Thanks.
    Yes, I would certainly be marking everything (chain, cam sprockets, cam caps) before disassembling. So, I should be OK, right?
    If the chain stays in the same place on the same teeth on the cam sprockets, all is well, right?

To your point, I changed my timing belt without engine at TDC by simply marking the old belt and marking the new belt at the same place and putting it on without issues.

This would also save me from having to take out spark plugs to rotate the engine easily.
    2005 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Avant / 6-speed / Ultrasport - Unicorn rescue operation in progress.
    WTB: Mint condition silver B6 passenger fender.

Veteran Member Four Rings fR3ZNO's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thanks.
    Yes, I would certainly be marking everything (chain, cam sprockets, cam caps) before disassembling. So, I should be OK, right?
    If the chain stays in the same place on the same teeth on the cam sprockets, all is well, right?

To your point, I changed my timing belt without engine at TDC by simply marking the old belt and marking the new belt at the same place and putting it on without issues.

This would also save me from having to take out spark plugs to rotate the engine easily.
    Yep, I mark the cam sprockets too, and count the 16 rollers about a hundred times, lol. So yeah, you should be fine!
    "If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." - Ferdinand Porsche

Page 315 of 315 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315