Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1579 of 1579 FirstFirst ... 5791079147915291569157715781579
Results 63,121 to 63,155 of 63155
    Veteran Member Four Rings vvenom800tt's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionArmory View Post
    I feel it in the seat. No play in the axles or driveshaft other than the slight up down they all have. The rear diff is solid too.
    Hmm im not sure then.

I have a 95A poly bushing in my rear diff, as well as ecs carrier inserts so it doesnt know what moving is anymore.

The factory diff bushing doesnt really wear out, it doesnt take the same loads as say a control arm.

It could be a rear control arm maybe, see if you lift the rear and shake it down. See if you have any deflection in the rear arms.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Audizine mobile app
    2005.5 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T 6MT - APR - 034 - Custom 3" single exhaust - 17z Brembo - GFB - Alzor - Kumho - ST - Injen - Swift - Hyperco - ECS - Saikou Michi - PowerFlex - Podi

Veteran Member Four Rings Charles.waite's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

In the case of my b6, I had cheap b5 engine mounts and an 034 trans mount. The diff mount was original.
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant) - Bosch FR6KPP332S plugs - Q5 Rear Aero Wiper
    2012 Q5 2.0t - Stock Mommy Missile
    Former USP CLUB MEMBER #136
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount
    SOLD -- 2006 A4 2.0TQ Avant Tiptronic

Active Member Two Rings babayaga's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by i3oricua View Post
    Someoneís going to jump in here and say that you should drill and use nuts and bolts. I used tappers as well. Probably about 10-12 in total. Just make sure theyíre on tight and evenly spaced out. Iíve had mine on for about 11 years now. Plowed snow with it and everything. Still hanging in strong.

You may have a gap because the lip warped on you in a funny way while tightening it. I would say back the screws off and work your way from the middle out of you can eliminating any unnecessary bends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info I will try it in the weekend

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Audizine mobile app

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by vvenom800tt View Post
    Hmm im not sure then.

I have a 95A poly bushing in my rear diff, as well as ecs carrier inserts so it doesnt know what moving is anymore.

The factory diff bushing doesnt really wear out, it doesnt take the same loads as say a control arm.

It could be a rear control arm maybe, see if you lift the rear and shake it down. See if you have any deflection in the rear arms.

I drove the car on the lift and shook it down about as good as I think anyone could. Taking weight off the wheels would eliminate load bearing things like control arms I think. The diff bushing could dry rot though. Itís a New England car so anything is possible. 😀

I really think this could be an engine balance thing. LWFW with stiff mounts will amplify it. Maybe a Fluidampr will do the trick but hopefully someone will suggest something I havenít thought of yet.

Spitballing ideas is my favorite part of this forum and thanks for the suggestion.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionArmory View Post
    I drove the car on the lift and shook it down about as good as I think anyone could. Taking weight off the wheels would eliminate load bearing things like control arms I think. The diff bushing could dry rot though. Itís a New England car so anything is possible.

I really think this could be an engine balance thing. LWFW with stiff mounts will amplify it. Maybe a Fluidampr will do the trick but hopefully someone will suggest something I havenít thought of yet.

Spitballing ideas is my favorite part of this forum and thanks for the suggestion.
    No problem man.

A way to check lower control arms is to raise the wheel off the ground about 8" and then take a long prybar and slide it under the tire and then pry straight up on the tire. If the lower arm is bad then it will deflect and you can see it easily.

What about your transmission mount? If thats toast then the emgine will move back and forth under load

2005.5 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T 6MT - APR - 034 - Custom 3" single exhaust - 17z Brembo - GFB - Alzor - Kumho - ST - Injen - Swift - Hyperco - ECS - Saikou Michi - PowerFlex - Podi

Veteran Member Four Rings i3oricua's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 A4; 2007 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI

No problem man.

A way to check lower control arms is to raise the wheel off the ground about 8" and then take a long prybar and slide it under the tire and then pry straight up on the tire. If the lower arm is bad then it will deflect and you can see it easily.

What about your transmission mount? If thats toast then the emgine will move back and forth under load

I think that is very noticeable though. I had mine break on me once and there was no question about what happened. However if itís not completely apart yet itís a possibility I suppose.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I think that is very noticeable though. I had mine break on me once and there was no question about what happened. However if itís not completely apart yet itís a possibility I suppose.

Mine was still in good shape when I replaced my tranny mount so i don't know how noticeable a bad one would be.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Mine was still in good shape when I replaced my tranny mount so i don't know how noticeable a bad one would be.

Very noticeable. It happened while teaching my daughter how to drive stick on my car. I thought something hard broke. You can physically feel and hear the transmission move back and forth. Not a cool feeling. Iíll see if I can dig up an old pic of what it looked like.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I had a worn out trans mount and I heard clunking on fast shifts. Lots of people attribute it to the rear diff, but in my case it was the trans.
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant) - Bosch FR6KPP332S plugs - Q5 Rear Aero Wiper
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Very noticeable. It happened while teaching my daughter how to drive stick on my car. I thought something hard broke. You can physically feel and hear the transmission move back and forth. Not a cool feeling. Iíll see if I can dig up an old pic of what it looked like.

Sounds crazy, a picture would be great. I got a 034 street density in there for mine.

Love it as well as the same engine mounts.

AZ Member #

Every driveline mount is free of any play that would be considered out of the ordinary. Engine and tranny mounts are upgraded as well. Ruled all those out on the lift. Drove the car on the lift. Visually ruled out mounts and control arms by driving it up there and with the trusty olí pry bar 😀 I was still able to duplicate the feeling with no road load on the car. It definitely feels rotational to me, if thatís explainable.

AZ Member #

Also, mine has no clunks or creaks at all. Itís all a feeling of vibration

Established Member Three Rings RandyBeanz's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Honda Pilot

IMG_8909.JPG just got these in today. Canít wait to get em installed!

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by RandyBeanz View Post
    IMG_8909.JPG just got these in today. Canít wait to get em installed!

You'll love it. completely transforms the front of the car with fresh lens covers

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Honda Pilot

IMG_8910.JPGout with the old in with the new. Sadly cf donít stay looking as nice too long but thank you ecs!

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

You'll love it. completely transforms the front of the car with fresh lens covers

This. Just take your time when youíre heating up the butyl and heat it up so itís nice and tacky so it seals evenly. That way you get no moisture buildup and no fogging in the mornings.
    -CP

AZ Member #

IMG_8910.JPGout with the old in with the new. Sadly cf donít stay looking as nice too long but thank you ecs!

I had carbon fiber engine covers and CAI on my MK4 GLI. They turned green in a year 😞

After that it dawned on me that nobody sees that stuff so why bother. Lol

AZ Member #

Picked up these today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings texasboy21's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Mustang GT Performance Package, 1983 Chevy Silverado

What are you going to do with the old one..??

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Sounds crazy, a picture would be great. I got a 034 street density in there for mine.

Love it as well as the same engine mounts.

I think the 034 is the one that broke on me. I replaced with an Apikol mount. I canít find the pics. Iíll have to look some more but it was a few years ago.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Honda Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by texasboy21 View Post
    What are you going to do with the old one..??
    Sending it back to Ecs. Defective unit.

Senior Member Three Rings Dondbg's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MB w203

Quote Originally Posted by MooZ View Post
    Plasti-dipped the Automatic Shifter Surround. What do you guys think?

Looks good ! Tempted to try this ...
    The shifter , details please ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I think the 034 is the one that broke on me. I replaced with an Apikol mount. I canít find the pics. Iíll have to look some more but it was a few years ago.

Good to know for sure.

AZ Member #

Found a nice 1/2 inch crack with a slow leak on my coolant overflow tank yesterday. This tank wasnít long for this world.

Old and busted.

New hotness.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 A4 2L MT, 87 Jag XJ6, Lex RX350, HD Street Rod, Grumman Yankee AA1A, Norton Commando 750

Hmmmm...EA, are you balance shaft delete? Do you think it's a vibration induced fatigue crack? Brillo

Veteran Member Four Rings tankdeer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Brillo View Post
    Hmmmm...EA, are you balance shaft delete? Do you think it's a vibration induced fatigue crack? Brillo
    Coolant reservoirs have been cracking long before balance shaft deletes. They get old and crack. It's just what they do

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by tankdeer View Post
    Coolant reservoirs have been cracking long before balance shaft deletes. They get old and crack. It's just what they do
    Iím inclined to go with this theory. I had a B5 brake fluid res almost crumble in my hand once from age by just trying to remove the cap.

13 year old plastic, heat cycles, New England and pressure.

No balance shaft delete to answer Brillo. If it cracked at the hose junction vibration and engine movement might be a factor but donít see really how considering how the reservoir is mounted. This is just old plastic.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I've been dealing with an intermittent oil pressure warning light so decided to drop the pan and replace my oil pickup tube. Besides it being a nightmare job, the issue (so far) seems to be resolved. What blows my mind is I found a 1/2" long metal alignment dowel in my oil pan. It's shiny and has no scratches on it and somehow never got picked up by my magnetic drain plug. I cant figure out where it came from. Was this a little gift left by Audi 12 years ago? Cant make sense of it.

AZ Member #

Not B7 related but I found a sweet 2005 B6 Ultrasport in red locally. The guy is asking stupid money and the wifeís B5 is gonna die any day now. Only problem is sheís cheap. She thinks 5 grand for a car is too much and heís asking 7500. Lol. She also passed on a one owner B5 S4 that came up for sale locally 2 months ago.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

What Did You Do To Your B7 Today?..

7500 seems a bit high if its a Sedan. If itís an avant thatís a great price.

Depending on condition of course.

Jus tell her that a true ultrasport package b6 will always command a premium and youíll more than make up for the price Delta on resale. Despite what a bunch of bozo b6 guys will tell you that a USP ďisnít that special and is easily replicated for cheaper than the premium they cost.Ē Which is utter nonsense.
    -CP

AZ Member #

Exactly, just trying to find the body kit by itself in good shape is difficult. A red manual USP would be the perfect car for her but now she doesnít want to even look at it. Lol. If I had the cash Iíd buy it for myself. Lol. Iíd offer much less of course.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Honda Pilot

IMG_8917.JPGcf case for my fob key

Registered Member One Ring schrammwow's Avatar
    AZ Member #

A4 Test Pipe Install

Today (and all of yesterday afternoon) I put a test pipe in my A4. What a freaking pain. The stock cat does not come free easy, but once it was out install was fairly easy. This is a 2008 model, and the spring hanger is different to all the guides or other posts I've seen online, wish I had taken a photo.

IMG_0274.jpgIMG_0273.jpg

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Honda Pilot

IMG_8926.JPG IMG_8927.JPG just picked this up today for a steal. But I just want to know what else do I need. Guy said he had it on his b7 but I just want to make sure this is correct harness and if I need to do anything else. I will be selling my previous flat bottom if anyone is interested since I now have this tt flat bottom.

Active Member Two Rings babayaga's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Me and a friend tried for hours to pull out the center console, it was my and his first "big job". And put in a b6 cigarette lighter, I don't smoke and I only use it occasionally for charging my phone. Changed the shift knob, it feels amazing compered to stock. And the major thing was that I put an aux cord so I can play music from my phone. Didn't find the right place to place it so we placed it in the lighter holder thingy, didn't have any cutting tool so we played with fire a bit... IMAG0176.jpegIMAG0177.jpeg

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Audizine mobile app

Page 1579 of 1579 FirstFirst ... 5791079147915291569157715781579