Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1559 of 1559 FirstFirst ... 5591059145915091549155715581559
Results 62,321 to 62,352 of 62352
  1. #62321
    Senior Member Four Rings adam044's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 31 2014
    AZ Member #
    292167
    My Garage
    2015 Subaru WRX 2013 Yamaha R1
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by a4darkness View Post
    They're both hot AF, especially that diffuser which might eventually get bought.

    Sent from my VS995 using Audizine mobile app
    Iím just getting the JL Motoring carbon fiber diffuser for $200. The ECS one is $500+

  2. #62322
    Veteran Member Four Rings a4darkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01 2007
    AZ Member #
    23015
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by adam044 View Post
    Iím just getting the JL Motoring carbon fiber diffuser for $200. The ECS one is $500+
    Yeah that's the one I was eying for the eventual exhaust swap. But now this... damn.

    Sent from my VS995 using Audizine mobile app

    Thomas
    | Chronicles | Threads | IG
    // A U B A

  3. #62323
    Senior Member Four Rings adam044's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 31 2014
    AZ Member #
    292167
    My Garage
    2015 Subaru WRX 2013 Yamaha R1
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Anyone have good pictures of this installed? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-maxton-d...4b7-fd2-gloss/

    Never really liked the cupra lips, just donít fit right IMO. I had it on for a little, got ripped off in the winter and just donít think Iíll be putting it back on so looking for other options.

  4. #62324
    Veteran Member Four Rings a4darkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01 2007
    AZ Member #
    23015
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by adam044 View Post
    Anyone have good pictures of this installed? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-maxton-d...4b7-fd2-gloss/

    Never really liked the cupra lips, just donít fit right IMO. I had it on for a little, got ripped off in the winter and just donít think Iíll be putting it back on so looking for other options.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=site%....0.kTiUznEw9Jg

    Sent from my VS995 using Audizine mobile app

    Thomas
    | Chronicles | Threads | IG
    // A U B A

  5. #62325
    Senior Member Four Rings adam044's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 31 2014
    AZ Member #
    292167
    My Garage
    2015 Subaru WRX 2013 Yamaha R1
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Quote Originally Posted by a4darkness View Post
    Stfu

  6. #62326
    Veteran Member Four Rings a4darkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 01 2007
    AZ Member #
    23015
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by adam044 View Post
    Stfu
    Heh heh heh. Figured that would be easier anyway.

    This looks pretty good.

    https://i.imgur.com/hnYGGya_d.jpg?ma...&fidelity=high

    Thomas
    | Chronicles | Threads | IG
    // A U B A

  7. #62327
    Veteran Member Four Rings tankdeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 18 2009
    AZ Member #
    46582
    My Garage
    A Unicorn
    Location
    Portland, OR

    Cupra lips look good if you take the time to fit them properly. And don't get ripped off in snow if you use proper hardware

  8. #62328
    Senior Member Four Rings adam044's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 31 2014
    AZ Member #
    292167
    My Garage
    2015 Subaru WRX 2013 Yamaha R1
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Quote Originally Posted by tankdeer View Post
    Cupra lips look good if you take the time to fit them properly. And don't get ripped off in snow if you use proper hardware
    They look decent at best if done very well. Iím extremely picky. Explain to me what proper hardware is...

  9. #62329
    Veteran Member Four Rings impulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06 2014
    AZ Member #
    151706
    My Garage
    2006 B7 A4 - 2.7t Swapped. 2008 8P A3 - 3.2L VR6
    Location
    Connecticut
    Items for Sale

    What Did You Do To Your B7 Today?..

    Quote Originally Posted by adam044 View Post
    They look decent at best if done very well. Iím extremely picky. Explain to me what proper hardware is...
    Not wood or self tapping screws. Nut and bolt


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Joe
    @jg_iii_
    Check out my progression thread - http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...Picture-Heavy)

  10. #62330
    Veteran Member Four Rings tankdeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 18 2009
    AZ Member #
    46582
    My Garage
    A Unicorn
    Location
    Portland, OR

    Quote Originally Posted by impulse View Post
    Not wood or self tapping screws. Nut and bolt


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This. It's not drywall, so why would anybody use self tapping screws. Nuts, bolts & large washers.

  11. #62331
    Veteran Member Four Rings Charles.waite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 27 2011
    AZ Member #
    77478
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Items for Sale

    Elmerís glue is the best way to attach it.
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant) - Bosch FR6KPP332S plugs - Q5 Rear Aero Wiper
    2012 Q5 2.0t - Stock Mommy Missile
    Former USP CLUB MEMBER #136
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount
    SOLD -- 2006 A4 2.0TQ Avant Tiptronic

  12. #62332
    Veteran Member Four Rings tankdeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 18 2009
    AZ Member #
    46582
    My Garage
    A Unicorn
    Location
    Portland, OR

    Maybe duct tape and rubber bands

  13. #62333
    Veteran Member Four Rings Charles.waite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 27 2011
    AZ Member #
    77478
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Items for Sale

    What Did You Do To Your B7 Today?..

    Then once itís attached securely you can mold it to the bumper with papier-m‚chť.

    Or ďdopeĒ stickers.
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant) - Bosch FR6KPP332S plugs - Q5 Rear Aero Wiper
    2012 Q5 2.0t - Stock Mommy Missile
    Former USP CLUB MEMBER #136
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount
    SOLD -- 2006 A4 2.0TQ Avant Tiptronic

  14. #62334
    Veteran Member Four Rings tankdeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 18 2009
    AZ Member #
    46582
    My Garage
    A Unicorn
    Location
    Portland, OR

    #scenepoints

  15. #62335
    Veteran Member Three Rings robsilvr85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 23 2005
    AZ Member #
    8939
    My Garage
    17 Volvo XC90 T8, 05.5 A4 2.0TQ
    Location
    Chicago

    This...



    Actually I paid someone to do it. Horror stories of bolts stripping got me a little worried. But a nice piece of mind.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05.5 A4 2.0TQ
    - JHM Stg1, DV, 18 Peelers
    11 Q7 TDI Prestige
    - 22 Ace Convex

  16. #62336
    Senior Member Three Rings oVeRdOsE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 01 2015
    AZ Member #
    340073
    Location
    Mtl

    Quote Originally Posted by impulse View Post
    Not wood or self tapping screws. Nut and bolt


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    roads where I live are the worst, and we have snow.

    I'm using screws, but stainless steel and large thread. Also way easier to remove

    I put maybe 10. It never moved, and I hit it at least twice a day on the road and my garage door ''step''


  17. #62337
    Senior Member Three Rings A4_PimP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18 2012
    AZ Member #
    86834
    Location
    Waterdown/Ontario/Canada

    I havenít put it on yet but this showed up today. It will be replacing the Dope badge which was a temp replacement for what I wanted in the first place.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #62338
    Established Member Two Rings johnboysavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30 2016
    AZ Member #
    374019
    Location
    Columbia, South Carolina

    Ordered a JHM downpipe, ecs motor and center diff mounts, as well as some maintenance parts for it today. Stage 1 APR tune going in Monday afternoon. Intercooler and HPFP upgrade next. Iíve owned the car for less than a week, send help.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #62339
    Senior Member Three Rings Deckster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08 2012
    AZ Member #
    101838
    Location
    Sacramento, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by johnboysavage View Post
    Ordered a JHM downpipe, ecs motor and center diff mounts, as well as some maintenance parts for it today. Stage 1 APR tune going in Monday afternoon. Intercooler and HPFP upgrade next. Iíve owned the car for less than a week, send help.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why go APR and not JHM stage one?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #62340
    Established Member Two Rings johnboysavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30 2016
    AZ Member #
    374019
    Location
    Columbia, South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Deckster View Post
    Why go APR and not JHM stage one?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Havenít done any research into JHMís tune, I had apr on my Mkvi gti, and there is a dealer close to do it. I asked another member about their tune and honestly just donít know how their tunes are and how they do them. Iíd be interested in either, just donít know about JHMís tune with this platform.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #62341
    Senior Member Three Rings Deckster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08 2012
    AZ Member #
    101838
    Location
    Sacramento, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by johnboysavage View Post
    Havenít done any research into JHMís tune, I had apr on my Mkvi gti, and there is a dealer close to do it. I asked another member about their tune and honestly just donít know how their tunes are and how they do them. Iíd be interested in either, just donít know about JHMís tune with this platform.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You should check out JHM. I have APR Stage 1 but it came with the car. JHM makes really good parts & tunes. Definitely look up some numbers. Iím going JHM Stage 2 once I get smogged.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #62342
    Established Member Two Rings johnboysavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30 2016
    AZ Member #
    374019
    Location
    Columbia, South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by Deckster View Post
    You should check out JHM. I have APR Stage 1 but it came with the car. JHM makes really good parts & tunes. Definitely look up some numbers. Iím going JHM Stage 2 once I get smogged.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had a bunch of their parts on my 05 S4. Did some checking into their tuning and decided Iím going with them. Much easier with their cable rather than going to a dealer anytime I want to change/upgrade tunes. Thanks for mentioning it!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #62343
    Senior Member Four Rings adam044's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 31 2014
    AZ Member #
    292167
    My Garage
    2015 Subaru WRX 2013 Yamaha R1
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Quote Originally Posted by A4_PimP View Post
    I havenít put it on yet but this showed up today. It will be replacing the Dope badge which was a temp replacement for what I wanted in the first place.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A8 size or OEM?

  24. #62344
    Senior Member Three Rings A4_PimP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18 2012
    AZ Member #
    86834
    Location
    Waterdown/Ontario/Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by adam044 View Post
    A8 size or OEM?
    Probably A8, itís slightly bigger than my OEM rings.

    On the topic the trunk is now debadged and almost time to put them on. I just have to wax and seal the trunk then I can put it on. Iím thinking by next Tuesday.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  25. #62345
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 04 2015
    AZ Member #
    324907
    My Garage
    2005 A4 Quattro, 2006 A4 Quattro
    Location
    Ontario

    I'd rethink that waxing...the tape needs to adhere to the paint on the trunk so the emblem stays on. I'd use a wax remover first to make sure it has a good clean surface to bond to, then wax after it has set for a few days. Just my .02.

  26. #62346
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 02 2012
    AZ Member #
    96178
    Location
    Yokota

    Installed my 034 Sway bar....FIRST TIME ever doing this.
    Install time: A bit over 4hrs
    What I had to do: Unbolt the whatever's holding the exhaust, so I can let them hang. Which then turned into having to unbolt the cross member in order to let it hang more to get it out. Took the tire off, had to have the shop mechanic hold the sway bar in place, while I tightened things back up.

    It was frustrating at times...many times, especially when I have a time limit until they close. But the reward of doing something myself.....felt very good! I'm gonna pay the shop to install the 034 HFC, next!

  27. #62347
    Veteran Member Four Rings papadelogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 31 2011
    AZ Member #
    79072
    My Garage
    1999 F250 7.3 Powerstroke
    Location
    Rockin' in the Rockies!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Black Kid View Post
    Installed my 034 Sway bar....FIRST TIME ever doing this.
    Install time: A bit over 4hrs
    What I had to do: Unbolt the whatever's holding the exhaust, so I can let them hang. Which then turned into having to unbolt the cross member in order to let it hang more to get it out. Took the tire off, had to have the shop mechanic hold the sway bar in place, while I tightened things back up.

    It was frustrating at times...many times, especially when I have a time limit until they close. But the reward of doing something myself.....felt very good! I'm gonna pay the shop to install the 034 HFC, next!
    If you did the swaybar you can do the HFC. Patience and persistence will get you through most any task, car or otherwise.
    2007 Ibis White B7 A4 Ti Avant 6MT quattro JHM Stage 2, HFC, Milltek CatBack, GFB DV+ "the YETI"

    2005.5 Black B7 A4 6MT quattro sold

  28. #62348
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 02 2012
    AZ Member #
    96178
    Location
    Yokota

    Quote Originally Posted by papadelogan View Post
    If you did the swaybar you can do the HFC. Patience and persistence will get you through most any task, car or otherwise.
    About that! Isn't it located on the right side (driver) of the engine in plain view? I did some reading, and it's saying that it's located under the airbox. If that's the case, then what the hell is the one on the right side for? It's literally (looking at pictures, too) look the same, and in plain view on the right side.

    I almost gave up 3 times in the beginning with the install, but told myself to not to. End links are annoying. I would need to get to the shop very early, next time.
    Last edited by Dat Black Kid; Yesterday at 05:59 PM.

  29. #62349
    Veteran Member Four Rings Charles.waite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 27 2011
    AZ Member #
    77478
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Items for Sale

    Thereís only one cat on the 2.0t and itís behind the turbo on the right side (passenger side).
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant) - Bosch FR6KPP332S plugs - Q5 Rear Aero Wiper
    2012 Q5 2.0t - Stock Mommy Missile
    Former USP CLUB MEMBER #136
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount
    SOLD -- 2006 A4 2.0TQ Avant Tiptronic

  30. #62350
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Jul 02 2012
    AZ Member #
    96178
    Location
    Yokota

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles.waite View Post
    Thereís only one cat on the 2.0t and itís behind the turbo on the right side (passenger side).
    That looks like a pain in the ass to get out! I checked. Thanks for the correction.

  31. #62351
    Senior Member Three Rings WewannaB7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 07 2014
    AZ Member #
    300874
    My Garage
    Porsche Boxster, M-Benz ML350
    Location
    New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by A4_PimP View Post


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    OCD in me, but is your pass side tailpipe off center?
    08 2.0T Quattro SE, APR Stage 1 - 93 Oct

  32. #62352
    Senior Member Three Rings A4_PimP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 18 2012
    AZ Member #
    86834
    Location
    Waterdown/Ontario/Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Seal1968 View Post
    I'd rethink that waxing...the tape needs to adhere to the paint on the trunk so the emblem stays on. I'd use a wax remover first to make sure it has a good clean surface to bond to, then wax after it has set for a few days. Just my .02.
    thanks for pointing that out I didnít even think of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by WewannaB7 View Post
    OCD in me, but is your pass side tailpipe off center?
    lol yeah you are right I need to take it to a muffler shop to get both of them centered properly. I have some other exhaust work Iíd like done too so I thought Iíd just go when I can get it all done at the same time.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1559 of 1559 FirstFirst ... 5591059145915091549155715581559


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.