Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1551 of 1551 FirstFirst ... 5511051145115011541154915501551
Results 62,001 to 62,037 of 62037
    Established Member Three Rings B7S3wannabi's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 ZCP Competition M3

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    IMG_5726.JPG

This is suppose to be an upgrade from stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2006 Sline A4 Quattro 2.0T | JHM K04R | JHM Tuning | JHM HPFP Upgrade, S3 Injectors, RS4 Fuel Controller | R8 Ignition Coils | APR Carbonio CAI | AWE FMIC | Golf R Intake Camshaft | JHM Lightweight Crank Pulley | USP Test Pipe, Europaparts Catback w/ Quad Tips | RS4 Front & Rear Brakes w/ JHM lightweight Rotors | Stern Adjustable UCAs | STX Coilovers w/Hypercoil Rear Springs | 034 Solid Rear Stabilizer Bar w/ Adjust End Links | B6 Recaros | Titanium RS5 Rotors |

Veteran Member Four Rings Charles.waite's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Nice welds....
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant) - Bosch FR6KPP332S plugs - Q5 Rear Aero Wiper
    2012 Q5 2.0t - Stock Mommy Missile
    Former USP CLUB MEMBER #136
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount
    SOLD -- 2006 A4 2.0TQ Avant Tiptronic

Senior Member Three Rings Dondbg's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MB w203

Whatís wrong with the stock one ?

Senior Member Three Rings Deckster's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by TheKeyStone View Post
    Yeah the 10 color digital, there not insanely expensive like the aem ones for both gauges it was around 160

Do you mind sending a link and a coupon if you still have it? I have a podi gauge already installed but the digital one looks really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Active Member One Ring TheKeyStone's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yeah Iíll pm you the coupon code.

Veteran Member Four Rings drewgold's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1981 Kawasaki KZ440 and too many bikes and skis!

New windshield! Went for the acoustic insulated version. Soooo clean.

2006 A4 Avant, 2.0TQM - JHM Stg 1 Tune - Unitronic HFC/3" Downpipe - 034 Street Motor/Trans Mounts - APR Snub Mount - S4 RSB - 034 Turbo Inlet Hose - JHM Short Shifter - Brembo Q5 Front Brakes w/ceramic pads - S4 Rear Brakes - Stock Sport Suspension - Black Alcantara Recaro Interior - Summer: 19" OEM S5 wheels, 19x8.5 ET32 w/ Conti DW tires - Winter: OEM 18" USP wheels, 18x8 ET43 w/ Nokian Hakkapeliitta studded tires - Dolphin Grey FTW!

Veteran Member Four Rings tankdeer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Charles.waite View Post
    Nice welds....
    No kidding. 3 tiny welds with poor penetration. No wonder if failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dondbg View Post
    Whatís wrong with the stock one ?
    Nothing. It's just cast aluminum. Not sure why you would replace it unless it allows you to run a larger snub or something (not sure the point in that either)

Veteran Member Four Rings Pat_McGroin's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by drewgold View Post

Nice! Isnít the OEM glass acoustic?

Rick
    Brilliant Black 2008 S4 Avant Tip.
    Gone but never gotten - Ibis 2010 A3 2.0T

Senior Member Three Rings Deckster's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by TheKeyStone View Post
    Yeah Iíll pm you the coupon code.

Sweet thanks!

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Pat_McGroin View Post
    Nice! Isnít the OEM glass acoustic?

Acoustic PVB has been industry standard for a long time. I work for Pilkington.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvania A4 View Post
    I work for Pilkington.
    Send me a free windshield. Thanks

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Acoustic PVB has been industry standard for a long time. I work for Pilkington.

Can you email me a new windshield then? Mine is trashed and I liked the Pilkington glass I had installed in my b6.
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant) - Bosch FR6KPP332S plugs - Q5 Rear Aero Wiper
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Can you email me a new windshield then? Mine is trashed and I liked the Pilkington glass I had installed in my b6.
    Hey, fuck you. I asked first. Don't make me cut you

Senior Member Three Rings wjg22's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '01 Monster 750

I think it'd be too large an attachment. Try Google drive

Veteran Member Four Rings 80sGuy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Miele S7

Quote Originally Posted by drewgold View Post

Pilkingtons are nice products. No shade border? I believe the acoustics are standard on our cars no? That's how mine came when I replaced with the same Saint-Gobain. There should be 6 dots etched on the lower right corner. Pics below.

2008 A4 2.0T | Dolphin Gray Metallic/Dk Gray | multitronic | Bluetooth | Dk Wood | Convenience. | Premium. | Sprt Susp. | Bare-bone 100% factory stock!

Established Member Two Rings texpoops's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I want somebody to break my back window so insurance will get me a new one, the rear wiper lines bug me

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

What Did You Do To Your B7 Today?..

Quote Originally Posted by 80sGuy View Post
    Pilkingtons are nice products. No shade border? I believe the acoustics are standard on our cars no? That's how mine came when I replaced with the same Saint-Gobain. There should be 6 dots etched on the lower right corner. Pics below.

Curious How much you paid for that one?

My insurance covers windshield replacement under comprehensive so itís $50 out of pocket for a new windshield, obviously not OEM though. I got a new one in my b6 that was Pilkington and was fine, my wife got a new one on her q5 two weeks ago from some Chinese sounding brand Iíd never heard of. Not sure if the insurance company stipulates the Brand of windshield or if the installer they contract does. In any event Iím not super psyched about having shitty glass in my car. Saint Gobain is OEM which seems nice.

Pretty sure the previous owner of my car spent the majority of the miles he drove behind gravel trucks. I really want to meet the previous owner and repeatedly kick him in the nuts...
    -CP

Senior Member Three Rings tloft4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Pretty sure the previous owner of my car spent the majority of the miles he drove behind gravel trucks. I really want to meet the previous owner and repeatedly kick him in the nuts...
    last summer i had to drive to philly airport to get my mom before she went back home, about 180mi each way, after that trip there were at least 4 chips in the glass from small rocks along the way. ive probably done that drive to my hometown ~50 times in other cars and never once had that happen at all. i was really surprised at how "soft" it must be. only one car was of lower quality than the audi also, but still, doesnt seem like a thing that should happen. also agree no shade line is strange

Established Member Two Rings RandyBeanz's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Honda Pilot

I replaced mine with all the other repairs.. spent 3600 Iím done with my car. Just going to have it reliable and chill with it now. Going to start doing exterior work and get a paint job this year.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tloft4 View Post
    last summer i had to drive to philly airport to get my mom before she went back home, about 180mi each way, after that trip there were at least 4 chips in the glass from small rocks along the way. ive probably done that drive to my hometown ~50 times in other cars and never once had that happen at all. i was really surprised at how "soft" it must be. only one car was of lower quality than the audi also, but still, doesnt seem like a thing that should happen. also agree no shade line is strange
    You mean the upper shade? I had noticed that there was no upper shade border, it is strange. I asked about it after the fact and was told that most newer Audiís donít include a shade border, drove by the dealer yesterday and seems that is actually the case. Still wish they had asked if I wanted one or not but seems that for some reason Audi doesnít include a shade border as standard anymore. Weird.
    2006 A4 Avant, 2.0TQM - JHM Stg 1 Tune - Unitronic HFC/3" Downpipe - 034 Street Motor/Trans Mounts - APR Snub Mount - S4 RSB - 034 Turbo Inlet Hose - JHM Short Shifter - Brembo Q5 Front Brakes w/ceramic pads - S4 Rear Brakes - Stock Sport Suspension - Black Alcantara Recaro Interior - Summer: 19" OEM S5 wheels, 19x8.5 ET32 w/ Conti DW tires - Winter: OEM 18" USP wheels, 18x8 ET43 w/ Nokian Hakkapeliitta studded tires - Dolphin Grey FTW!

Veteran Member Four Rings 80sGuy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Miele S7

Curious How much you paid for that one?

My insurance covers windshield replacement under comprehensive so itís $50 out of pocket for a new windshield, obviously not OEM though. I got a new one in my b6 that was Pilkington and was fine, my wife got a new one on her q5 two weeks ago from some Chinese sounding brand Iíd never heard of. Not sure if the insurance company stipulates the Brand of windshield or if the installer they contract does. In any event Iím not super psyched about having shitty glass in my car. Saint Gobain is OEM which seems nice.

I paid my deductible of $300 but I think the glass costed about $500+labor. It was installed by All Star Glass. Initially they they wanted to replace with another brand - either Pilkington or PPG but I insisted on the original 'Audi logo etched' by Saint-Gobain Sekurit. It resulted in a bit of battling and in the end they called the dealer to place the order (windshield with acoustic and rain-sensing, etc). This was a few years back. Since then I believe most, if not all insurance companies has lobbied by Safelite to do all in-house work for windshield replacements and they will go with the cheapest route for their interests - profit for Safelite and minimal claims to ZERO costs from insurers! Anyway, long-story long, I ended up with the exact 'Audi' OEM glass. Make sure you fight them to the end. As for the newer cars, I remembered driving a loaner B8 and it has three different manufacturers: Pilkington windshield, St-Gobain on the doors, and Fu-Yao rear glass - all etched with the Audi 'OOOO' logo. The latter is probably what your wife got on her Q5. They are a supplier for many car manufacturers. Had it installed on another car, even though it was etched with the car brand, I still found some slight distortion towards the lower-right by the A-pillar. Saint-Gobain is the way to go! Some Pilkingtons are fine too (caveat) but you'd have to really inspect the finished product. I'm OCD so I look for everything!

2008 A4 2.0T | Dolphin Gray Metallic/Dk Gray | multitronic | Bluetooth | Dk Wood | Convenience. | Premium. | Sprt Susp. | Bare-bone 100% factory stock!

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Fu Yao. Thatís the one. Yea it seems fine but Iíd never heard of it before. She got a really nasty rock chip that started a crack so I needed to be replaced. I polished my glass this winter and restored a lot of the clarity but the pitting is so bad that it makes it very hard to see in direct sunlight. I might try a second round of more intense polishing this weekend but glass polish isnít really designed to polish out pits and chips so itís probably an exercise in futility.
    -CP

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 80sGuy View Post
    I paid my deductible of $300 but I think the glass costed about $500+labor. It was installed by All Star Glass. Initially they they wanted to replace with another brand - either Pilkington or PPG but I insisted on the original 'Audi logo etched' by Saint-Gobain Sekurit. It resulted in a bit of battling and in the end they called the dealer to place the order (windshield with acoustic and rain-sensing, etc). This was a few years back. Since then I believe most, if not all insurance companies has lobbied by Safelite to do all in-house work for windshield replacements and they will go with the cheapest route for their interests - profit for Safelite and minimal claims to ZERO costs from insurers! Anyway, long-story long, I ended up with the exact 'Audi' OEM glass. Make sure you fight them to the end. As for the newer cars, I remembered driving a loaner B8 and it has three different manufacturers: Pilkington windshield, St-Gobain on the doors, and Fu-Yao rear glass - all etched with the Audi 'OOOO' logo. The latter is probably what your wife got on her Q5. They are a supplier for many car manufacturers. Had it installed on another car, even though it was etched with the car brand, I still found some slight distortion towards the lower-right by the A-pillar. Saint-Gobain is the way to go! Some Pilkingtons are fine too (caveat) but you'd have to really inspect the finished product. I'm OCD so I look for everything!
    Couple things here:
    Your earlier post - six dots doesn't mean anything regarding acoustic, it's the month the glass was laminated, shade border is another option - my Pilkington WS has it.
    Although it's made by SGS, your glass is in fact AGR (automotive glass replacement). SGS is not making B7 Audi WS to OEM specs anymore, all AGR specs open up a bit from the original and all manufacturer's follow the same spec.
    It's very common to split suppliers for a car set, because of the bid process. For example, we won't bid on a SL (door glass) aperture, our process just isn't profitable for that application.
    Fuyao glass is now made in Illinois and fabricated in Dayton, OH. They are the supplier of choice for most GM models, excluding HUD WS - Pilkington has the lion's share.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by tankdeer View Post
    Send me a free windshield. Thanks
    I couldn't get my replacement at cost.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

I couldn't get my replacement at cost.
    5 finger discount? Just keister it. Nobody will be the wiser

AZ Member #
    My Garage

For what itís worth I had aftermarket XYG glass previously and it was absolutely terrible. Even bugs would cause pitting of the glass, no joke.

The windshield cracked up from the bottom edge as well, no chip or anything, just started to split. Total junk glass.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by tankdeer View Post
    5 finger discount? Just keister it. Nobody will be the wiser
    That could be painful/challenging, these are made in Mexico...

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Couple things here:
    Your earlier post - six dots doesn't mean anything regarding acoustic, it's the month the glass was laminated, shade border is another option - my Pilkington WS has it.
    Although it's made by SGS, your glass is in fact AGR (automotive glass replacement). SGS is not making B7 Audi WS to OEM specs anymore, all AGR specs open up a bit from the original and all manufacturer's follow the same spec.
    It's very common to split suppliers for a car set, because of the bid process. For example, we won't bid on a SL (door glass) aperture, our process just isn't profitable for that application.
    Fuyao glass is now made in Illinois and fabricated in Dayton, OH. They are the supplier of choice for most GM models, excluding HUD WS - Pilkington has the lion's share.
    This is great info, thanks!

Is it true that most newer cars donít come with an upper edge tint on the windshield? Is there any reason for this or just car companies cheeping out? Hadnít paid that close of attention but it does seem that very few newer vehicles have a tinted upper edge. Something to do with sensors in the windshield?

Senior Member Three Rings supple's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    I don't have a garage

For what it's worth, I got my B7 windshield replaced a few weeks back by JN Phillips. I didn't ask for factory Audi glass specifically but they gave me the option for the top 6" shade. It's a Saint Gobain with 6" grey, does not say Acoustic.
    2007 Brilliant Black A4 Quattro | Unitronic Stage 1+ | Bilstein Sport + H&R Sport | Apikol Snub | GFB DV+ | 034 Turbo Inlet, Street Density Motor Mounts, RSB & End Links, Upper/Lower Control Arms | Pipercross Filter

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Got bumper painted after mishap 3 weeks ago, had them paint grill while at it. Need a license plate frame now.IMG_0159.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings viperdsa's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '06 Dolphin Gray A4 2.0T

Dropped off a bunch of stuff at a machine shop.
    2006 Dolphin Gray A4 2.0T Quattro

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 A4, 87 Jag XJ6, Lex RX300, HD Street Rod, Grumman Yankee AA1A

Quote Originally Posted by supple View Post
    For what it's worth, I got my B7 windshield replaced a few weeks back by JN Phillips. I didn't ask for factory Audi glass specifically but they gave me the option for the top 6" shade. It's a Saint Gobain with 6" grey, does not say Acoustic.
    I like the upper windshield shade/tint especially while highway driving. Also, in my experience if it doesn't say acoustic, it most likely isn't. No big deal - you'll just have a bit more wind and highway noise.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MB w203

Put S4 rear sway bar
    Base A4 ó> S4, I can feel the difference

Canít believe how thin the stock is !

Established Member Two Rings Jaysoootatted's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Dondbg View Post
    Put S4 rear sway bar
    Base A4 ó> S4, I can feel the difference

Canít believe how thin the stock is !

Does it feel a lot more stiff?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MB w203

What Did You Do To Your B7 Today?..

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysoootatted View Post
    Does it feel a lot more stiff?

More sharp I would say, more oversteer.

Edit : if you want a lot go RS4 or 034 sway bar.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I love my 034 bar. Doesnít affect the comfort at all and it REALLY tightens up the cornering and body roll.

The only downside is that it makes it feel like the front is rolling and the rear isnít. Itís a tad unbalanced in a way. However on the whole itís really really worth it.
    -CP

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MB w203

Thatís why I went with the S4, apart from I salvaged it from my wrecked S4 (free), I wanted to not cause so much difference since my A4 is base.
    With the sport vogtland itís perfect combination IMO.

Page 1551 of 1551 FirstFirst ... 5511051145115011541154915501551