Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1579 of 1579 FirstFirst ... 5791079147915291569157715781579
Results 63,121 to 63,125 of 63125
    Veteran Member Four Rings vvenom800tt's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionArmory View Post
    I feel it in the seat. No play in the axles or driveshaft other than the slight up down they all have. The rear diff is solid too.
    Hmm im not sure then.

I have a 95A poly bushing in my rear diff, as well as ecs carrier inserts so it doesnt know what moving is anymore.

The factory diff bushing doesnt really wear out, it doesnt take the same loads as say a control arm.

It could be a rear control arm maybe, see if you lift the rear and shake it down. See if you have any deflection in the rear arms.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Audizine mobile app
    2005.5 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T 6MT - APR - 034 - Custom 3" single exhaust - 17z Brembo - GFB - Alzor - Kumho - ST - Injen - Swift - Hyperco - ECS - Saikou Michi - PowerFlex - Podi

Veteran Member Four Rings Charles.waite's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

In the case of my b6, I had cheap b5 engine mounts and an 034 trans mount. The diff mount was original.
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant) - Bosch FR6KPP332S plugs - Q5 Rear Aero Wiper
    2012 Q5 2.0t - Stock Mommy Missile
    Former USP CLUB MEMBER #136
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount
    SOLD -- 2006 A4 2.0TQ Avant Tiptronic

Active Member Two Rings babayaga's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by i3oricua View Post
    Someoneís going to jump in here and say that you should drill and use nuts and bolts. I used tappers as well. Probably about 10-12 in total. Just make sure theyíre on tight and evenly spaced out. Iíve had mine on for about 11 years now. Plowed snow with it and everything. Still hanging in strong.

You may have a gap because the lip warped on you in a funny way while tightening it. I would say back the screws off and work your way from the middle out of you can eliminating any unnecessary bends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info I will try it in the weekend

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Audizine mobile app

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by vvenom800tt View Post
    Hmm im not sure then.

I have a 95A poly bushing in my rear diff, as well as ecs carrier inserts so it doesnt know what moving is anymore.

The factory diff bushing doesnt really wear out, it doesnt take the same loads as say a control arm.

It could be a rear control arm maybe, see if you lift the rear and shake it down. See if you have any deflection in the rear arms.

I drove the car on the lift and shook it down about as good as I think anyone could. Taking weight off the wheels would eliminate load bearing things like control arms I think. The diff bushing could dry rot though. Itís a New England car so anything is possible. 😀

I really think this could be an engine balance thing. LWFW with stiff mounts will amplify it. Maybe a Fluidampr will do the trick but hopefully someone will suggest something I havenít thought of yet.

Spitballing ideas is my favorite part of this forum and thanks for the suggestion.

Veteran Member Four Rings vvenom800tt's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionArmory View Post
    I drove the car on the lift and shook it down about as good as I think anyone could. Taking weight off the wheels would eliminate load bearing things like control arms I think. The diff bushing could dry rot though. Itís a New England car so anything is possible.

I really think this could be an engine balance thing. LWFW with stiff mounts will amplify it. Maybe a Fluidampr will do the trick but hopefully someone will suggest something I havenít thought of yet.

Spitballing ideas is my favorite part of this forum and thanks for the suggestion.
    No problem man.

A way to check lower control arms is to raise the wheel off the ground about 8" and then take a long prybar and slide it under the tire and then pry straight up on the tire. If the lower arm is bad then it will deflect and you can see it easily.

What about your transmission mount? If thats toast then the emgine will move back and forth under load

2005.5 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T 6MT - APR - 034 - Custom 3" single exhaust - 17z Brembo - GFB - Alzor - Kumho - ST - Injen - Swift - Hyperco - ECS - Saikou Michi - PowerFlex - Podi

Page 1579 of 1579 FirstFirst ... 5791079147915291569157715781579