Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 581 of 603 FirstFirst ... 81481531571579580581582583591 ... LastLast
Results 23,201 to 23,240 of 24085
    Senior Member Three Rings egovreau's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 VW Passat Wagon

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles.waite View Post
    Hell it can just be rainy and people lose their shit here. Absolutely some of the dumbest drivers anywhere.

The Christmas snow this year was awesome! I think the last time I was in Seattle when it snowed for Christmas was in Ď96 and that snow melted by early afternoon.
    We had Christmas snow in Seattle in 2007, too. It dumped at least a foot and stuck around for the better part of the week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings Charles.waite's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by egovreau View Post
    We had Christmas snow in Seattle in 2007, too. It dumped at least a foot and stuck around for the better part of the week.

Yea I missed that, I was in NYC for a few years then in school.
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant) - Bosch FR6KPP332S plugs - Q5 Rear Aero Wiper
    2012 Q5 2.0t - Stock Mommy Missile
    Former USP CLUB MEMBER #136
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount
    SOLD -- 2006 A4 2.0TQ Avant Tiptronic

Senior Member Four Rings Kevin C's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1987 Dodge Raider G54B Turbo

Did some boring stuff... Valve cover gasket and crankcase venting system inspection. Pancake valve looked to be original and was toast and the hose to it was cracked. Valve cover has been off before because there is no way the factory used that much sealer! Also it looks like the cam tension was done at some point. Same deal, lots of sealer. It is a factory part so I'm assuming it was dealer work. The chain pads had almost no wear.

Other PCV stuff looks to have been done. Factory parts and clamps but not neatly crimped like the factory does (one clamp wasn't crimped).

Verified the PN on the coils, they have been replaced - latest rev.

Valve cover gasket was semi hard. Looked like it had been in there 60,000 or so.

Flush the brake fluid on all for corners.

Fresh non chattering factory wipers.

Definitely drives smoother and feels peppier with a working pancake valve and no intake leak.

Also, the brake fluid didn't come out green this time.
    Last edited by Kevin C; 01-09-2018 at 07:19 AM.
    03 A4 Quattro, 1.8T, 02X six speed conversion/ GJW (4.11 final drive). RS4 RSB, H&R FSB.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

To add to my chores... I emptied the power steering reservoir and put in new fluid. My budget Harbor Freight vacuum bleeder made a great suction tool to get all the fluid out. Super fast and I was able to get every bit out.
    03 A4 Quattro, 1.8T, 02X six speed conversion/ GJW (4.11 final drive). RS4 RSB, H&R FSB.

Veteran Member Four Rings Gosser's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 A4, 1988 Buick Lesabre T-Type

Nothing boring about maintenance! Wait nm, it is boring, but rewarding.

Relocated the SAI and mocked up its plumbing, also mocked up the crossover tube for the B7 DSMIC and started the DV relocation, just need the T fitting for the intake hose to complete:
    2004 S4 MT - Summer
    2006 A4 3.2 AT - Wifes
    2004 A4 1.8 6MT - Winter
    2003 A4 1.8 CVT -> 5spd quttro swap!

Veteran Member Four Rings Spike00513's Avatar
    AZ Member #

noticed that despite using Teflon for my hood latch and door hinges, it doesn't seem to last forever.
    IDK what dealerships use.

just saw this:

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 VW Passat Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Spike00513 View Post

just saw this:

Me too! I had to replace my release lever last year. My hood can be easy to open or hard. The hard days is when I worry it'll break again. For $40, it's worth the peace of mind.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Spike00513 View Post
    noticed that despite using Teflon for my hood latch and door hinges, it doesn't seem to last forever.
    IDK what dealerships use.
    Lubro moly anti seize:

A tube of this + genuine Audi hood cable (right around $23 last time I checked) and you'll be problem free. A billet handle would be nice but doesn't get to the source of the problem; the cable itself. One of the first things I did when I bought my B6 two years ago, zero issues since.
    Xlite w/ 11spd Campy Record- 2005 Dolphin Grey Ultrasport Avant 6MT-- 2001.5 Light Silver Metallic Avant 5MT w/ Sludge Package --1979 Scout II

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by egovreau View Post
    Me too! I had to replace my release lever last year. My hood can be easy to open or hard. The hard days is when I worry it'll break again. For $40, it's worth the peace of mind.
    Well at the same time, maybe the plastic lever can break if the hinge and cable aren't moving freely. It's probably supposed to be lubricated, to open easily.

Quote Originally Posted by V70R View Post
    Lubro moly anti seize:

A tube of this + genuine Audi hood cable (right around $23 last time I checked) and you'll be problem free. A billet handle would be nice but doesn't get to the source of the problem; the cable itself. One of the first things I did when I bought my B6 two years ago, zero issues since.
    The cable or the hinge? I'm not sure if the cable is inside of a tight sheath.
    Actually maybe it is; I think I have a spare one somewhere. Not sure if any treatments would benefit that.

But as for the hinge area, maybe your grease is better to try then.
    Because I've only used DuPont Teflon. It seems to work I guess, but it doesn't last long. Same goes for the door hinges. I also use it there to reduce squeak noise.
    But there's probably different stuff spec'd to use from the factory, on the hinges.
    Maybe made by Wurth and clear, to be invisible and clean-looking, whereas the Teflon is a white film that dries to a wax.

AZ Member #

I replaced the cable assembly. Try taking your spare cable and disassembling the cable from housing and removing/cleaning all the spare junk. Napa can most likely get you a tube of this given that they carry Lubro-Moly products, if not shoot me a PM and I'll send a tube to ya. Insert a small portion into the cable housing and work it back-fourth and it should improve quite a bit. Overall it is great stuff to have around for exhaust assembly, suspension, etc; basically anything exposed to oxidizers or harsher conditions.
    Xlite w/ 11spd Campy Record- 2005 Dolphin Grey Ultrasport Avant 6MT-- 2001.5 Light Silver Metallic Avant 5MT w/ Sludge Package --1979 Scout II

Established Member Two Rings modfan61's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1988 Dakota 360Swap Project

Didn't do anything except wait for parts to arrive :(

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    Did some boring stuff... Valve cover gasket and crankcase venting system inspection. Pancake valve looked to be original and was toast and the hose to it was cracked. Valve cover has been off before because there is no way the factory used that much sealer! Also it looks like the cam tension was done at some point. Same deal, lots of sealer. It is a factory part so I'm assuming it was dealer work. The chain pads had almost no wear.

Other PCV stuff looks to have been done. Factory parts and clamps but not neatly crimped like the factory does (one clamp wasn't crimped).

Verified the PN on the coils, they have been replaced - latest rev.

Valve cover gasket was semi hard. Looked like it had been in there 60,000 or so.

Flush the brake fluid on all for corners.

Fresh non chattering factory wipers.

Definitely drives smoother and feels peppier with a working pancake valve and no intake leak.

Also, the brake fluid didn't come out green this time.
    Not sure if I should believe my per trip fuel economy indicator but since I did my pancake valve I have been seeing a signifigant increase in indicated MPG. Like 3-4 MPG. My drive to work usually gets me 24 mpg indicated / 22 actual (22 miles round trip). Yesterday it was 27 indicated. Seems to good to be true. Definitely runs better.

AZ Member #

Kevin- I recently did my entire crankcase ventilation service and replacement recently, and I did see a slight increase in fuel economy of approximately 1.6-1.7mpg when compared to the three prior fuel refills. I would not be surprised if you see a hand-calculated fuel economy improvement as well.

Veteran Member Four Rings texasboy21's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Mustang GT Performance Package, 1983 Chevy Silverado

To add to my chores... I emptied the power steering reservoir and put in new fluid. My budget Harbor Freight vacuum bleeder made a great suction tool to get all the fluid out. Super fast and I was able to get every bit out.
    Did you clean the filter while it was drained?
    2005.5 6 speed with the Premium, Lighting, Sport, and Cold Weather packages

Pag Parts EFR 6758 kit, Pag Parts intake/FMIC/manifold/downpipe, Eurodyne Boost Manager Plus, Eurodyne Maestro, StopTech 332mm BBK, Stasis Touring suspension

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I looked at it.... and though hey it has a filter.
    Good point, I plan on doing a couple more flushes. I will get it next time.

AZ Member #

Not sure if I should believe my per trip fuel economy indicator but since I did my pancake valve I have been seeing a signifigant increase in indicated MPG. Like 3-4 MPG. My drive to work usually gets me 24 mpg indicated / 22 actual (22 miles round trip). Yesterday it was 27 indicated. Seems to good to be true. Definitely runs better.
    huh. Maybe mine is bad.
    But also I noticed a drop in MPG lately from my bellypan being off. Combined/averaged seem to get up to 25-30 at times, maybe even hovering around, 28
    but now it seems ot be 20-25, with the pan off.

I'll just assume yours is on.
    Maybe you already know, but there's even an extra gearbox pan that I think can be installed. To streamline the underbody of the car.

I hear ground-effects make a little difference too (USP vs. stock), but people may find the looks worth it.
    Not sure about the wheels.
    I notice some cars known for aerodynamics, also have different wheel options. With their common stock wheel versions looking pretty smooth, almost like pie-plates.
    But still with enough air gaps to try and get air to cool the brakes I guess.

that or a diesel swap...

Quote Originally Posted by texasboy21 View Post
    Did you clean the filter while it was drained?
    I didn't know the inline mesh filter at the bottom can just be cleaned.
    If so, good to know, because getting a whole new reservoir is like $40.

I *did* get a new one before, and noticed it came with a grey cap this time, instead of green cap.
    It seemed to suggest Audi may have a preferential switch to Pentosin CHF202, from original CHF11S.
    But IDK if they are compatible, or need a full system flush to switch. Adding extra work that people may not want to do.

Versus a new Audi maybe using it as a factory fill on a dry system. The spec sheet claims it has less cavitation; maybe it's better in the cold.
    IDK if coolers have any difference on the system, such as hopefully not reducing flow, or messing with what temperature it's usually at.

As for me, I happen to already have 1 or 2 bottles of CHF11S, so I was just gonna try to flush it for now, since whatever inside is stock, dirty, and dark-colored.

Veteran Member Four Rings old guy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '03 A4, '13 A5, '18 MB-GLA

CHF11S and CHF202 are fully compatible.

Clicky clickģ
    A4 Motoza tuned Frankenturbo F21L mixed flow turbo / Bosch 550's / 3" MAF / TyrolSport SMIC / 034 HFC / TT 2.5" DP / Borla Exhaust / Eibach ProKit Springs / Koni Yellows / H-Sport Sway Bars / TyrolSport Brake Stiffeners / HyperShift Short Shifter / Podi
    A5 Mods to come: Little stuff so far. 20/25mm spacers / H&R OE Sport springs / 35% tint / Neuspeed Power Module / black window trim / RS grille.

Established Member Two Rings igotab6s4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

What did you do to your B6 today?

Installed driver side ag m590 19x 8.5 et35

Respect isn't Given it's Earned

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Installed a JHM shifter last night... waiting for my Aero wiper arms to show up now..

Is the JHM shifter normally pretty notchy, or is my adjustment slightly off? I have all the gears and they don't really struggle to go into gear (reverse could be better, but not much better), just seems more notchy than I've read. Possibly because I didn't put the insulation back in yet, and it just sounds notchy?

Established Member Two Rings Natejo91's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by modfan61 View Post
    Installed a JHM shifter last night... waiting for my Aero wiper arms to show up now..

Is the JHM shifter normally pretty notchy, or is my adjustment slightly off? I have all the gears and they don't really struggle to go into gear (reverse could be better, but not much better), just seems more notchy than I've read. Possibly because I didn't put the insulation back in yet, and it just sounds notchy?
    I recently installed one too. It was a bit notchy at first but it either wore itself in or I got used to it fairly quickly. Iíve also adjusted a few times now to get where I want it. Iím kinda thinking about getting their delrin bushing to tighten up the slop in 1,3 and 5
    2003 B6 Quattro MT, Polar White w/ Ebony interior, B7 seat swap, JHM + Black Forest Shifter, Brembo 18Z calipers front, S4 calipers rear, S4 sway bar front, RS4 sway bar rear, Bilstein B8 kit + Eibach sport springs, 550cc injectors, test pipe and Motoza 1.5+ tune

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by modfan61 View Post

I never installed a short shifter yet, but I heard somewhere that shift adjuster can be tricky. I don't know if that means in general, or stock, or for aftermarket kits.
    But supposedly some of the aftermarket units are of good quality, including JHM.

I feel like my stock shifter sounded a bit more notchy when I had the insulation temporarily out.
    I've not yet picked which gear oil to use.

Established Member Two Rings Badcopnodonut's Avatar
    AZ Member #

So today I removed the front bumper
    Installing
    a Frankenturbo f21l,
    Bigger exhaust manifold,
    tt225 MAF,
    silicone inlet pipe,
    440 cc injectors
    AWE intercooler
    Apikol snub mount.

[IMG][/IMG]

Veteran Member Four Rings WillŽnskraft's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 Audi A4 1.8TQ, 2007 Audi A4 2.0TQ

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    CHF11S and CHF202 are fully compatible.

Clicky click
    I will never get tired of your Clicky Clicks lol
    "Beep beeeep bloop boop" - R2D2

Established Member Two Rings Natejo91's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Changed the front O2 sensor to see if I can get better gas mileage. This is what the old one looked like. Nasty!

2003 B6 Quattro MT, Polar White w/ Ebony interior, B7 seat swap, JHM + Black Forest Shifter, Brembo 18Z calipers front, S4 calipers rear, S4 sway bar front, RS4 sway bar rear, Bilstein B8 kit + Eibach sport springs, 550cc injectors, test pipe and Motoza 1.5+ tune

Established Member Two Rings DJHoro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Deleted the whole SAI and Combi valves. Used 034 Motorsport block off plates. Passenger side was a perfect fit. Driver side fit but is only held on by 2/3 screws. Holds and seals fine though.

Sent from my XT1585 using Audizine mobile app
    Check out my Wheelwell for my current build/setup! https://wheelwell.com/johnny-rodrigu...s/2003-audi-a4

Veteran Member Four Rings DownhillA4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Started it up for the first time in about a month. Not bad it cranked over by itself after sitting under a cover in below 0F weather.
    Formula1 died with the introduction of DRS and KERS.
    RallyNorthAmerica - Team Stop Texting
    IG: @downhill_a4
    @I_like_your_box

"If you are a true automotive enthusiast whom loves their car,
    you learn to catch rides to parties and leave your car at home."- dougyfresh

AZ Member #

Installed Bosch FP5DP0R spark plugs.
    2005 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Avant / 6-speed / Ultrasport - Unicorn rescue operation in progress.
    WTB: Mint condition silver B6 passenger fender.

Established Member Two Rings A4-Mike's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Installed some new gauges.

02 A4 B6 1.8TQ Stage 3

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Put in the heavy spring into my JHM shifter. Much better than before and getting used to the 'notchy-ness' of it.

Fixed the rear ashtray cover yesterday. Superglue didn't want to hold so had to break out the zip tie "welding". May not be the best looking, but who cares?! It isn't seen and it's not used, just now the ashtray cover doesn't rattle around..

Also installed the Aero Wiper Conversion. MUCH better than the old style wipers, and look better too!

Established Member Two Rings Adamwagg's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Cleaned the summer wheels

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Audizine mobile app

Veteran Member Three Rings larry_fopps's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MK3 2.9L Vr6 WIP

figured out why my hatch was leaking shit water, and why my rear wiper randomly developed a mind of its own. Also installed my skid plate.

Veteran Member Four Rings Charles.waite's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by larry_fopps View Post
    figured out why my hatch was leaking shit water, and why my rear wiper randomly developed a mind of its own. Also installed my skid plate.

Did you replace the motor? Or just clean and grease the transmission? My wiper makes a nasty growl when operating and the wiper sprayer was blocked when I bought it so I anticipate my motor is going to look similar if I open it up. also was accessing it difficult?
    -CP
    2008 Brilliant Black Unicorn (2.0t S-Line Ti 6MT Avant) - Bosch FR6KPP332S plugs - Q5 Rear Aero Wiper
    2012 Q5 2.0t - Stock Mommy Missile
    Former USP CLUB MEMBER #136
    2004 A4 1.8TQ 6MT USP - APR Stage 1+ - FSI Coils - BKR7EIX-11 - B6S4 Front + B7A4 Rear Brakes - 034 Street Trans Mount
    SOLD -- 2006 A4 2.0TQ Avant Tiptronic

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MK3 2.9L Vr6 WIP

Quote Originally Posted by Charles.waite View Post
    Did you replace the motor? Or just clean and grease the transmission? My wiper makes a nasty growl when operating and the wiper sprayer was blocked when I bought it so I anticipate my motor is going to look similar if I open it up. also was accessing it difficult?
    I'm actually awaiting a new motor to show up. I took it apart to diag and put it back together and put it back on for the time being. My sprayer line is leaking into the assembly causing the greasy water to leak through the casing. Also, the board is corroded, causing the wiper to work when it wants, and stop where it wants. In my case a new one was needed. if you aren't leaking water, and the board isn't corroded, then i would think you could clean and regrease. Accessing it for me was super easy, my trim was already off the hatch. i have a dent on my hatch that i removed the trim months ago so a pdr guy could pop the dents out and that hasn't happened yet. but its not a big deal to access, even with the trim on.

Senior Member Three Rings VenomGT9's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Installed new FCM to no avail. The driver fan is still dead but passenger will kick in after I push start but cuts off a couple seconds later. Double and triple checked the connections, can't find anything keeping the current from passing.
    Could it be the relay?
    Ugh

Searching for my next Audi...
    05 Black G35 6MT- ARK / HOTCHKIS / EiBach / AAM
    98 XJ 4.0 4x4

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MK3 2.9L Vr6 WIP

Quote Originally Posted by All_Euro View Post
    Installed a set of OEM mudflaps...

I like those.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 VW Passat Wagon

Installed second color instrument cluster (1st on died inexplicably).

Removed driver's door panel to install a new door latch when it arrives, and removed driver seat for memory seat retrofit.

Established Member Two Rings 805mAc's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 A4 s line quattro at, 64 Chevy k2500, 66 Chevy c2500, 2001 Maxima GLE

some parts coming in and prepping away

Established Member Two Rings A4-Mike's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Preparing for a fight against the oil pan!

02 A4 B6 1.8TQ Stage 3

Senior Member Two Rings All_Euro's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05' GLI 1.8T_4 mo.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_fopps View Post
    I like those.
    Thanks - never thought Iíd be in for mud flaps but they look great on the Avants...

Work - houzz / linkedin
    Play - haldex swap

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MK3 2.9L Vr6 WIP

Quote Originally Posted by All_Euro View Post
    Thanks - never thought Iíd be in for mud flaps but they look great on the Avants...

you got part numbers by any chance?

Page 581 of 603 FirstFirst ... 81481531571579580581582583591 ... LastLast