Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: 1/4 mile times

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Apparently what ive been told is that the GEN III incl Skodas and Golfs etc... has a ''Direct investion, instead of port'.. and they have a 'closed-deck Manifold)

So..........

, if this is the case...

then APR & REVO have added the IS38ETR to the 2.0 TSI; intercooler+pipes, HIflow cat & exhaust.... With stock internals) achieving 510ps (375KW)... (not sure what fuel)

but regardless... a performance of 0-60mph in 3.2 sec (opposed to stock 4.9 sec) Golfs R, Superbs, Octavias... that's almost unbelievable for a 4cyl and mind blowing.

Can't help and deny the fact; it leaves us EA888 Gen II 2.0T TFSI folk thinking 'What the f£$%?!' and short changed....

https://www.onlyrevo.com/product-det...5-/244/stage-3

As I said, apparently this Skoda Superb cracked the 10sec quarter mile with this particular REVO set up

Established Member Four Rings Spawne32's Avatar
    AZ Member #

We have "direct investion" as well, even the earlier FSI engines in the B7's do. I am fairly certain the reason the Gen 3's make more power is because VVT was carried over to the exhaust side and the cam profile was changed. It may have a more modern turbo as well.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Direct injection in vw/audi started with the first gen 2.0tís back around 2005 with the b6 passat and Mk5 GTI

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Spawne32 View Post
    We have "direct investion" as well, even the earlier FSI engines in the B7's do. I am fairly certain the reason the Gen 3's make more power is because VVT was carried over to the exhaust side and the cam profile was changed. It may have a more modern turbo as well.
    This. Plus the exhaust manifold pointed out by earhythmic in the last page, plus the upgraded/bigger turbo.

The gen 3 engine is a completely different beast than what we have in North America on our B8/B8.5 A4s.
    Last edited by A4x; 05-24-2018 at 05:32 AM.
    2011 B8 A4 ZF8HP // JHM K04-R // APR v3.1 // 034 HFC // Treadstone TR8 FMIC // Snow Performance Stage 2 WM Injection // Bilstein B12 Pro-kit // Borla Downpipe // // Rockford 8" Woofers // JL 10" Sub // 2200 W // Audison BitOne DSP

Senior Member Three Rings Brandon K.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 S5 Sportback, Lexus RX400h... a nice appliance

I as at my APR dealer yesterday having my steering repaired. The shop has a friend/custom that ran 11.40 in a mk7 4 motion 1.8T wagon...

Apparently it is some sort of record, especially for the mk 7 1.8T. They went back last weekend to duplicate it but ran lean for a brief moment and melted one of the piston. They already had sourced a new block and about had the motor back together. That motor is smaller than ours and the 1.8s donít even have the variable exhaust timing.

I know our cars are heavy pigs, but WTF one a few of our B8s have been able to brake into the 12s. You can pick up a low mileage version of our cars all day long for less than 17k. These things are prime for moding but the aftermarket has left them to languish.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

The 1.8T has a 5 valve head (overkill for stock) but breathes at higher rpms...most BT tuners run these over 7k rpms making for big HP #s but very little action below 4k rpms and not great on the street outside of the powerband.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122