Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 313 of 313 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313
Results 12,481 to 12,494 of 12494
    Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by B7Buckeye View Post
    I made a custom iPhone charging dock that is hardwired into the front ashtray...

For the wiring I tapped into the cigarette lighter fuse, wired in a 12v socket, plugged a USB car charger adapter and connected an Apple Lightning cable. All of that is hidden under the dashboard. For the dock I started by cutting a hole in the ashtray with a Dremel tool to feed the Lightning cable through to the dock. The dock is made of several layers of 1/8 plywood that I designed in Illustrator and then cut on my laser cutter. The top layer is black acrylic with the Audi rings etched on the face. It took a couple test cuts, but the dock fits perfectly and the phone is extremely stable even in spirited driving.

I really like how clean it turned out and love not having any charging cords showing.

That looks awesome, good work.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Audizine mobile app
    2013 Allroad Premium + | Ice Silver Metallic/Black | B&O | Side Assist | Carbon Atlas | s - line FBSW | APR Stage 1 E85 | Airlift 3P | SPC Adjustable Control Arms | CR-15 | Ti 20X10.5 BBS CHR ET25| 255/35 MPSS | blah blah blah

Senior Member Three Rings redavant's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I made a custom iPhone charging dock that is hardwired into the front ashtray...

For the wiring I tapped into the cigarette lighter fuse, wired in a 12v socket, plugged a USB car charger adapter and connected an Apple Lightning cable. All of that is hidden under the dashboard. For the dock I started by cutting a hole in the ashtray with a Dremel tool to feed the Lightning cable through to the dock. The dock is made of several layers of 1/8 plywood that I designed in Illustrator and then cut on my laser cutter. The top layer is black acrylic with the Audi rings etched on the face. It took a couple test cuts, but the dock fits perfectly and the phone is extremely stable even in spirited driving.

I really like how clean it turned out and love not having any charging cords showing.

Wow! Love it.
    Misano Red 2011 B8 A4 Avant S-Line Prestige
    My Build | AvantGarde M510 265/30/19 | RS4 grill | Euro Tail Lights | RS6 Steering Wheel | S-Tronic shifter |

Senior Member Three Rings B7Buckeye's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B7 A4 Avant, MKVI GTI, Kymco People 200S

Thanks, guys. I'm digging it. The phone is an iPhone 7, and it's the widest phone that would fit down into the ashtray itself. With that design, the dock fits flush and the ashtray door closes easily. It doesn't block the climate control too much. I can easily get to the temperature adjustments, and I usually leave my climate control on "Auto".
    B7 Audi A4 Avant 2.0T Quattro Tiptronic
    Quartz Gray, JHM Stage 1, JHM HFC->TT DP->Milltek CBE, Koni Coilovers, H&R Rear Sway, 18" Ti Rotor Reps, Android Headunit

MKVI Volkswagen GTI DSG
    Candy White, APR Stage 2, ATP HFC->Billy Boat CBE, APR Intake (Stage 1 & 2), H&R Sport Springs

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Thanks, guys. I'm digging it. The phone is an iPhone 7, and it's the widest phone that would fit down into the ashtray itself. With that design, the dock fits flush and the ashtray door closes easily. It doesn't block the climate control too much. I can easily get to the temperature adjustments, and I usually leave my climate control on "Auto".
    Looks really clean, nice work.
    ::: 07 MKV GTI : Candy White : Neuspeed Cold Air Intake : H&R Springs : Kenwood Excelon Mono and 4 Channel Amp : Rockford Fosgate 12" Punch in custom box :::<br><br>
    ::: 07 A4 Avant : Moro Blue : Just bought it stock and added tint. Doing the maintenance prior to anything else ;) cam follower, DV, etc

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Agreed with above comments. Looks OEM.
    > 2015 Glacier White Metallic allroad P+ <> Airlift 3P <> 034 CAs <> Vossen VFS-2 Satin Bronze <> Magnaflow CBE <
    > RS4 FBSW <> Piano Black Trim <> BFI Shift Knob <> NGP Rearguard <

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Thatís awesome.
    Is it connected to the stereo?

Iím doing something similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Three Rings B7Buckeye's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B7 A4 Avant, MKVI GTI, Kymco People 200S

Quote Originally Posted by nyc joe View Post
    Thatís awesome.
    Is it connected to the stereo?

Iím doing something similar

It is not connected to the stereo. I have an Android head unit with all the apps I would want to use. The phone acts as a wifi hotspot for the head unit.
    B7 Audi A4 Avant 2.0T Quattro Tiptronic
    Quartz Gray, JHM Stage 1, JHM HFC->TT DP->Milltek CBE, Koni Coilovers, H&R Rear Sway, 18" Ti Rotor Reps, Android Headunit

MKVI Volkswagen GTI DSG
    Candy White, APR Stage 2, ATP HFC->Billy Boat CBE, APR Intake (Stage 1 & 2), H&R Sport Springs

Veteran Member Three Rings TwinTipSkier's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 VW Sportwagen 2.5S

Mounted Ebay hatch spoiler FTW!

If you didn't see it in the B8 forum already... lol

-John
    | '12 A4 Avant 2.0TQ | Thread | IG: johns550cc |
    | Brilliant Red | BBS SR | STx | S4 Antiroll | 034HFC&CC | Mototec Exhaust | 3.0TDI FMIC | GFB DV | R8 Coils | APRstg2 93 | Podi | "RS"Front&Spoiler | S4 Wheel&Seats | S-Tronic Shifter |
    '02 A4 1.8TQMS -gone, not forgotten

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by TwinTipSkier View Post
    Mounted Ebay hatch spoiler FTW!

If you didn't see it in the B8 forum already... lol

Looks good .

Veteran Member Four Rings Das Ponto's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Q5 S-line

Debaged and led lights!

Sent from my igloo
    Ryan
    13' Scuba Blue Allroad | APR Stage 1 | H&R Sport Springs | Rotiform KPS
    Instagram: Dasponto | Flickr

Active Member Two Rings SexualChocolate's Avatar
    AZ Member #

New intake

AZ Member #

Thanks to the help of @killerbootsman @seanfc and @darren.raw for the help on proper placement and assistance via IG.

Finally bagged it. More/better pics to come at some point.

Forum Moderator Four Rings DirtD1ver's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Allroad, 2015 Q7

Bought it a new box
    20180901_112221 by D Allbahn, on Flickr
    20180901_112250 by D Allbahn, on Flickr
    Don - Forum Moderator, Audizine

Current: 2017 Allroad Prestige Manhattan Grey
    Previous:2013 Allroad Prestige Monsoon Grey

AZ Member #