Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring Harve-Idaho's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi TT, Porsche 928

Who has most carefree miles on their TT?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Who has most miles on their TT? What's the highest mileage you've heard of? Are TTs more expensive to maintain than, say, a VW Golf?

H2
    H2

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 TT

I've heard of people past the 120K mark

I've got 80K

Yes, they are more expensive to maintain. The parts are more expensive. In some cases, for no reason as you can buy the same part at the VW dealer for less money. In other cases because we just have better parts.

Established Member Two Rings Hooligan's Avatar
    AZ Member #

exactly what ncttrnl said....make sure you get an extended warranty....

Registered Member Two Rings piTTsburgher's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 TTQC180

97k. i just bought an extended warranty to 150k or 4 years.

AZ Member #

how much was the wanrrety?
    2001 S4 6sp...has a few goodies...and JHM shifted

Tons of parts for sale..

GIAC A box ECU for sale-350shipped.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170072

Senior Member Three Rings 4cefed4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 Cooper S, 2012 Fusion SEL

Originally posted by ncttrnl
    Yes, they are more expensive to maintain. The parts are more expensive. In some cases, for no reason as you can buy the same part at the VW dealer for less money. In other cases because we just have better parts.
    I don't see how you think your TT is more expensive to maintain than my VW. Basic maintenance is the same oil and filter. Engine takes the same coolant. Unless you have the 225 or 3.2L, any part off the drivetrain is a VW part, so cost is the same. One of the few parts of the 180TT drivetrain that is different than a GTI is the shifter mechanism, and for that part the audi part is actually cheaper than the VW counterpart.

Established Member Two Rings Hooligan's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I usually get my maintenance done at Dubwerks here in Chicago and they recommended getting my parts at a VW dealer instead....the last thing I replaced was the MAF sensor, which was cheaper at VW vs. the Audi dealer. Are you sure Audi parts are cheaper? I have read a lot of topics at Audiworld and that's the first time I heard of it....

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 TT

Originally posted by 4cefed4
    I don't see how you think your TT is more expensive to maintain than my VW. Basic maintenance is the same oil and filter. Engine takes the same coolant. Unless you have the 225 or 3.2L, any part off the drivetrain is a VW part, so cost is the same. One of the few parts of the 180TT drivetrain that is different than a GTI is the shifter mechanism, and for that part the audi part is actually cheaper than the VW counterpart.
    Many of the parts on the TT are higher quality than those on the GTIs. We aren't just talking engine parts here. The TT has interior and trim pieces that are crazy expensive if you break them.

They TT and the GTI are in fact different cars. Some of the newer GTIs like the 20AE and the 337 share much more in common with the 180 TT but the fact still remains that the average GTI didn't get all the same parts the TT did even though its the same platform.

Some of the parts that are stamped on the GTI are cast on the TT. Some of the parts are a little bigger. Some just are made to mount in different locations. Then there is the kicker that some of the other parts are just more expensive for no apparent reason.

I've gotten a different price on the same part by asking for a Turbo S Beetle instead of a TT. Actually, I ask for the Beetle parts more often just because they seemed to have them in stock more often.

Registered Member One Ring SF_VR6's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I've gotten a different price on the same part by asking for a Turbo S Beetle instead of a TT. Actually, I ask for the Beetle parts more often just because they seemed to have them in stock more often. [/B]
    When do TTs share parts with the new Beetle? What parts, simple items like filters and such?

I've also heard TTs were glorified beetles. Is there any truth to this?

Registered Member Two Rings piTTsburgher's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 TTQC180

the warranty was 1750.00 bumper to bumper, a warranty very similar to that of the factory in coverage.