Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Three Rings saizero's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Sweet, me thinks I might have to do this. thanks!
    Current AWE Boost Gauge : STaSIS catback : 034 HFC : ECS Snub Mount : Upgraded Piston DV : CTS Turbo Catch Can : ER FMIC : DTM Front/Rear Votex Side Skirts : Stasis/Ohlins SL Coilovers
    VAGCOM Owner

AKA: vmSAi

Veteran Member Four Rings BASARAB's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Is map dvd the same for older and newer rns-e?

Veteran Member Four Rings AvanTTix's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 A4 1.8T Avant, MKI TT 1.8T 225hp Roadster

Yes it is. Obviously a more recent DVD would have more up-to-date maps, but older ones do still work.
    MY2003 B6 A4 1.8T Avant: DenimBlue||Ebony||5-Speed MT||Quattro||Premium Package||Sport Package
    MY2002 MKI TT 1.8T Roadster: BrilliantWhite||RedAmber w/ Baseball Optic||6-Speed MT||Quattro||Premium Package||Audio Package

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S5 SB // '05 MV Agusta F4-1000

I'm looking to purchase the newer RNS-e...for a very good price ofcourse. Know where I can find one?

Current: '18 S5 | SportBack | Prestige

Previous: S4 | Stage ++ | PLM

Registered User Four Rings Scotty@Advanced's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RLB6 View Post
    I'm looking to purchase the newer RNS-e...for a very good price ofcourse. Know where I can find one?
    I've got new RNS-E's as installed in the B6/B7, however if you seek a MU10+ unit then expect to shell out at least 2-3 grand for a new unit, unless you can find a deal on a used one.

Here's a group buy...

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...795.00-shipped

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S5 SB // '05 MV Agusta F4-1000

You can go through the trouble to source a new RNS-E from an A3 then find a faceplate for the B6/7 RNS-e to swap

OR

You can just source a RNS-E for the SEAT EXEO which has the newer high resolution screen and the faceplate is the same as a B6/7 RNS-E

Current: '18 S5 | SportBack | Prestige

Previous: S4 | Stage ++ | PLM

Veteran Member Four Rings vintagespin's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RLB6 View Post
    You can just source a RNS-E for the SEAT EXEO which has the newer high resolution screen and the faceplate is the same as a B6/7 RNS-E
    Do you have a p/n? (the first few digits always vary depending on the car)
    2005 Dolphin Grey A4 1.8T Quattro 6-speed Sedan

Veteran Member Four Rings iamshayan's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by vintagespin View Post
    Do you have a p/n? (the first few digits always vary depending on the car)
    3R0
    Instagram:iamshayan
    B6 @ 320awhp SOLD
    Bagged D2 SOLD
    I have a B8S4 now
    Photobucket ruined all my posts.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '08 A6 S-Line

I hope I am not rehashing an question that has been already asked, but I have some related questions;

First, I have a 2003 Allroad with a series 1 RNS-E (4B0), with Bluetooth, Sirius, and a Kufatech module for VIM/backup cam/flashed Lamborghini.

That said, I would like to update to the RNS-E MK2, not just for the LED screen, but I want to also install the AMI module for "TT like" integration for my ipod. That is unless Dension makes something that will do the same on newer RNS-E MK2?

Also, while I am asking, does anyone have an opinion regarding any differences in updating the firmware on the RNS-E MK2 vs the 1st Gen? I have done most of the updates on my first gen like VIM...

P

Veteran Member Four Rings PNW Avant's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 A4 Avant

2nd gen has been known to be much more difficult to integrate VIM hack and back up cam. Many have been perplexed how Avanttix integrated back-up cam because it has not been widely replicated. There's speculation that the unit must be from the 2010 model year (not newer) for it to work.

I would recommend interacting with the folks over at audiforum.us. They have a very good RNS-e forum.

No idea about the ipod integration, sorry.
    Hers: 2014 SQ5 Premium Plus
    Mine: 2008 Ibis White Ti S-line A4 Avant 2.0T 6MT
    Black Alcantara S4 Recaros | RS4 Grill | S4 Mirrors | JHM Short Shifter | RNS-e + OEM BT | BBS CH reps | KW V2 | F+R S4 Brakes | RS4 Sway Bar + 034 End Links | APR Stage 1 Tune | JHM Downpipe | B7 S4 Exhaust | Apikol Snub + Differential Mount | 034 Street Density Motor + Trans Mounts

Past: 2004 Arctic White S4 Avant

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '08 A6 S-Line

RNS-E MK2 VIM
    Ok, here's my question that has probably been asked a few time though I can't seem to find a clear answer;

I currently own an RNS-E 1st gen (4B0-035-192) that I enabled VIM via Lamborghini mode PRIMARILY for the for the backup camera..

I am looking to purchasing the newer RNS-E MK2 (**193) model and I am trying to find out if it is possible to do the same (VIM) with it?

If this has been covered, please link..

Thank you,
    P

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 A4 Avant

Read my post above, I have already answered this question.

Simply put, there is no confirmed method or workflow to activate VIM (for back-up cam, or otherwise) for the 2nd generation RNS-e, in contrast to the 1st generation. It worked for this poster (Avanttix), but that is not the case for others. Many have struggled with this.
    Black Alcantara S4 Recaros | RS4 Grill | S4 Mirrors | JHM Short Shifter | RNS-e + OEM BT | BBS CH reps | KW V2 | F+R S4 Brakes | RS4 Sway Bar + 034 End Links | APR Stage 1 Tune | JHM Downpipe | B7 S4 Exhaust | Apikol Snub + Differential Mount | 034 Street Density Motor + Trans Mounts

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 A4 Avant

Retrofitting an MY2010 MKII TT RNS-E unit in an MY2003 B6A4.

After years of wondering how to accomplish/replicate this with a MK2 unit, I have done it!

Your MK2 unit needs to have "RFSL" indicated in pin C2 for the rear view camera to work properly. Only some of the early 2010 units had this functionality. In my case, 8P0-035-193-D has the correct hardware.

Troubleshooting a bad DVD drive:

A4 face installed:

Ready for install:

Success!

Last edited by PNW Avant; 03-16-2019 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Photos fixed for desktop/mobile

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by PNW Avant View Post
    After years of wondering how to accomplish/replicate this with a MK2 unit, I have done it!

Your MK2 unit needs to have "RFSL" indicated in pin C2 for the rear view camera to work properly. Only some of the early 2010 units had this functionality. In my case, 8P0-035-193-D has the correct hardware.
    Any idea where the cutoff is for RFSL? I don't see a ton of D units out there.
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T 6MT
    2005 A4 1.8T 6MT
    2006 A4 Avant 2.0T 6MT

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 A4 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by asg1290 View Post
    Any idea where the cutoff is for RFSL? I don't see a ton of D units out there.
    I have only seen two - the two in this thread. Both with 2009 build dates. One was from a TT, and one was from an A3.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12