Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Established Member Two Rings rcprato's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    09 A4 Avant Quattro - 11 Touareg VR6 Lux

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by listan View Post
    Just picked this up last weekend and doing research on some simple modest mods I want to do. Looking for a set if peelers or s-line wheels and looking for a modest lowering option. Don't want it too low for a daliy driver in the Bay Area. Love all the pics! Some of you guys have some awesome looking Avants! Attachment 106891Attachment 106892

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Audizine mobile app
    A little above (post 931) you can see my 09 with 18" rims riding on S-Line sport springs I got from a Forum member, put new Bilstein sport shocks (black ones) in with them and the ride is Great IMO. maybe not low enough for what you are looking for but is a really good DD and puts handling where I want it to be while maintaining a decent ride year round. I deal with winter here so switch to the OEM 17's with snow tires and we get decent amount of snow I drive through and some real nasty pot holes develop that you can't always avoid.

I would say the S-Line sport springs dropped me about 1 - 1.25" from stock height.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by rcprato View Post
    A little above (post 931) you can see my 09 with 18" rims riding on S-Line sport springs I got from a Forum member, put new Bilstein sport shocks (black ones) in with them and the ride is Great IMO. maybe not low enough for what you are looking for but is a really good DD and puts handling where I want it to be while maintaining a decent ride year round. I deal with winter here so switch to the OEM 17's with snow tires and we get decent amount of snow I drive through and some real nasty pot holes develop that you can't always avoid.

I would say the S-Line sport springs dropped me about 1 - 1.25" from stock height.
    That's pretty much the height I was looking for. I've been researching and some people were talking about the performance aspect due to the weight difference between sadan's and avants. I guess unless I find s-line avant springs (if that's a thing). I've also looked into Solo Werks coilovers, but I've read that the highest adjustment is still pretty low. I haven't looked into other coilovers yet, but that's my next step.

Established Member Two Rings rcprato's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    09 A4 Avant Quattro - 11 Touareg VR6 Lux

I was able to find my post when I went through all the research for what the S-Line OEM Sport Springs were for my car, should be the same for you
    https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...ne-spring-info

Above post has the OEM P/N's

Front springs are easier to find, same spring for wagon and sedan, rears a lot harder. I got lucky and found a clean set from Forum member in Colorado but you can also order new from the online Audi parts places for about $138 each.

If you do the work yourself research the DIY's so you know what needs to be done, somebody in the B8 A4 section used zip ties after compressing the rear springs to get out. If you can't compress the springs to get out and put in for rear on Quattro you will have to lower the rear subframe which is what I did. Fortunately I have access to a fully equipped shop with a lift so wasn't hard to do the job.

Also top bolt for upper control arms to steering knuckle can get seized in there, huge PIA for me but being in CA may be a non issue for you.

Good luck, if you have more questions PM me
    Last edited by rcprato; Today at 11:34 AM.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by listan View Post
    That's pretty much the height I was looking for. I've been researching and some people were talking about the performance aspect due to the weight difference between sadan's and avants. I guess unless I find s-line avant springs (if that's a thing). I've also looked into Solo Werks coilovers, but I've read that the highest adjustment is still pretty low. I haven't looked into other coilovers yet, but that's my next step.
    My avant was S-line sport suspension with the s-line wheels. Here is how she sat before I switched to H&R coilovers. No badge on the fender as it was repainted before I bought it and they did a meh job so I didnt put the new badge I bought on until I get it corrected/repainted.
    I sold the complete suspension to another member but they are out there.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by hardfive View Post
    My avant was S-line sport suspension with the s-line wheels. Here is how she sat before I switched to H&R coilovers. No badge on the fender as it was repainted before I bought it and they did a meh job so I didnt put the new badge I bought on until I get it corrected/repainted.
    I sold the complete suspension to another member but they are out there.
    That's exactly what I'm looking for!!!! What size rim,tire and ET are you running?

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425