Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings ghost6303's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    98A41.8TQM

see if this makes any sense....

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    16716 - Knock Sensor 2 (G66): Signal too Low
    P0332 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

been getting that code on and off for about 6 months, i think it puts the car into limp mode every once in a while. ive re tightened the bolt a few times but it still comes back.

^^ that is the only code the car is throwing. yesterday in the pouring rain after driving 40 minutes on the freeway the car all of a sudden dies. it acted like you pulled off an intake hose, RPMs jumped all over between 300-700. car would not restart. then magically about 2 hours of sitting on the side of the road i tried one more time and it started right up like nothing happened and drove home.

this morning it started right up, i went out did some errands for 10 minutes, then on the way back to the house did two 3rd gear logs 2k-6.5k RPMs. MAF numbers are good. nothing looks abnormal. pulled the car into the garage to poke around more in VAGCOM and after sitting there idleing for 3 min it started doing it again. RPMs dropped, A/F went up to 17-18:1, i heard one cylinder knocking pretty good so i shut the car off, will not restart. noticed some white deposits on the inside of tail pipes, almost like i was running race gas. it seems to happen once the car has warmed up for a good while.

imma go put on a new knock sensor that i happened to already have and pull the spark plugs and see if they need to be replaced as well. if anyone has any ideas, im kinda out of them right now. thanks.

Veteran Member Four Rings ghost6303's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    98A41.8TQM

Re: see if this makes any sense....

well the knock sensor going bad seems to be a secondry problem to the car not starting.

ok new question- what is a good way to test the fuel pump relay? im 85% certain this problem is fuel related, probably either the pump, relay or, less likely the FPR. when i turn the key to ACC, the pump does prime for a second or two and shuts off, fuse 28 reads 12.x volts while its on. i hear the relay clicking, clicking randomly when the car is starting as if its supposed to be steady on but isnt. but my thinking is that the relay is not staying on after i start the engine, or the pump is just on the way out. i have a fuel pressure gauge on the way, but if anyone knows how to test that it is or isnt the relay in the mean time that would be good.