Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

debating whether 2 dynamat floorpanels

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    How difficult is it to get the carpet removed from a 1997 b5 a4? I have a bit of dynamat, and i am about to run all the wires for my stereo upgrade and i am trying to decide whether to line the floorboards. Has anyone here had experience with this as in time/difficulty? is it worth the effort?

thanks

Veteran Member Four Rings koolade9's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS4, 190e 16v, e46 M3

Re: debating whether 2 dynamat floorpanels

I didn't deaden mine... when you pull the carpet up, there's a good deal of padding on the back side of the carpet as-is. I may do mine eventually for the sake of being anal...but I don't anticipate an audible difference.

Start with your front and rear doors (inner & outter skin, and panel) then move to the trunk floor and rear trunkwells & fenderwells. After that, do the rear deck.

At that point, you'll find that there are lots of little panels that make subtle noise...you'll spend a bunch of time with various thicknesses of foam padding and foam strips to quiet those...

If you still have extra mat after all that, then I'd hit the floor.
    FRRG AZ Ring

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    02 A4 1.8t

Re: debating whether 2 dynamat floorpanels

Won't do anything. Car already has a ton, for the time spent doing all the work..you wont notice a difference.