Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings PreLunatic's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 A4 1.8tq

Sun is out, time to mod. *pics*

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Been waiting for the weather to get better and looking for some nice coilovers, came across a local seller that was getting rid of his barely used vmaxx coils for a nice price (thanks eurotecknik). dropped the bish last night, back is 24 GTF front is 23 GTF. and also debadged the back just for the fuck of it oh and did the rear fog light mod from the DIY section. AND fixed my ABS module, by fix i mean, took off dash, took some tape, and wala. let me know what you think. to low. to high. all comments welcome!

This is before the drop, 4x4?

And after. and yes, I am aware that its dirty!

Before debadging

After

Some random shots.

Yes, its dirty, chicago is kicking my ass. and just finished the coils late last night and I really wanted to snap some pictures.

soon to come - CC, tints?, HIDs

2001 Black A4 1.8t-APR 93 Chip.Forge 007 DV.Custom Cat-Back.B6 A4 Rims.Vmaxx coils.Debadged.
    -Arnold-

Veteran Member Four Rings J Ozzie's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Re: Sun is out, time to mod. *pics*

Sick thats how low i want to go.. any lower and my car will be on her belly. Stupid Speed Bumps.

next
    CC mod
    Hid's
    Black it out
    Clean her up post a pic.
    2014 Audi Q5 TDI - Brilliant Black | LED Fogs | VCDS Mods | LED Interior swap |
    R.I.P... (wrecked)2005 Audi A4 1.8TQM 6Speed
    R.I.P..2001 Audi a4 1.8TQM (casa white no sunroof)

Vancouver Audi Club.ca

where's our resident intoxicated lobster Canadian - Thomas

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 A4 1.8tq

Quote Originally Posted by J Ozzie View Post
    Sick thats how low i want to go.. any lower and my car will be on her belly. Stupid Speed Bumps.

next
    CC mod
    Hid's
    Black it out
    Clean her up post a pic.
    thanks! yeh when I first did it, it was about 22.5 front and 23 back. and I rubbed to shits lol. to get back to my house i have 5 speed bumps, which didnt go all that well got a good deal from my shop on HIDs, 150 shipped for headlights and foglights.
    2001 Black A4 1.8t-APR 93 Chip.Forge 007 DV.Custom Cat-Back.B6 A4 Rims.Vmaxx coils.Debadged.
    -Arnold-

Established Member Two Rings Tigu's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a4 MK1, Octavia II

how is the ride with coils now?
    and on the coil how low are you ?
    meaning how muc could you still go lower and higher also.
    M-tuning Mbc, Exhaustman special high flow exhaust+Remus, Supersport coilovers, custom ATS wheels, Angel eyes with xenon, Forge DV, FMIC with custom ss piping, 1,4 bar chip, new turbo from a6, short shifter - stiff engine mounts, more to come....[/B]

Veteran Member Four Rings oneohone's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 2.7t // GMT400 Tahoe

Mmm I do like that ride, those B6 wheels set it off. How do the V-Maxx coils ride? I'm about to pick some up for my A4.
    Daily - 00' Audi S4 Quattro
    In.Progress - 00' A4 2.7t Swap (w/ K04's)

Veteran Member Four Rings 4A Play's Avatar
    AZ Member #

And still no $13 LED license plate lights? Looks good!
    Self made, NOT Mommy paid.
    2001 1.8 qtm, GT2781R, 680cc Siemens, 3" turbo back, Autopower, Mafless Stage 3 Unitronics, Tial 38mm external wastegate, STS, Corbeau seats

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 A4 1.8tq

Quote Originally Posted by Tigu View Post
    how is the ride with coils now?
    and on the coil how low are you ?
    meaning how muc could you still go lower and higher also.
    Its defenatly stiffer, ALOT more stable and less body roll. Ive only put about 50 miles on them so far, but I love it.
    On the coil I can probably get another inch up and about 2 inches down.
    -Arnold-

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 A4 1.8tq

Quote Originally Posted by PiMPMAN101 View Post
    Mmm I do like that ride, those B6 wheels set it off. How do the V-Maxx coils ride? I'm about to pick some up for my A4.
    Cant complain. Id say def better then my stock sport suspension. Get it!
    -Arnold-

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 A4 1.8tq

Quote Originally Posted by 4A Play View Post
    haha i know! STFU! you are like the 10th person in 2 days to tell me that. Where can i scoop this LED from? ECS?
    -Arnold-

Veteran Member Four Rings 4A Play's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I used 42DraftDesigns and havent had any problem with them at all. They have a 13.5v VAG specific design.
    Self made, NOT Mommy paid.
    2001 1.8 qtm, GT2781R, 680cc Siemens, 3" turbo back, Autopower, Mafless Stage 3 Unitronics, Tial 38mm external wastegate, STS, Corbeau seats

Veteran Member Four Rings oneohone's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 2.7t // GMT400 Tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by PreLunatic View Post
    Cant complain. Id say def better then my stock sport suspension. Get it!
    I'm sold haha
    Daily - 00' Audi S4 Quattro
    In.Progress - 00' A4 2.7t Swap (w/ K04's)

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    two wagons

I just ordered some Vmaxx today and will hopefully get them put on by next week or maybe the week after.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 A4 1.8tq

Quote Originally Posted by jaustin View Post
    I just ordered some Vmaxx today and will hopefully get them put on by next week or maybe the week after.
    I couldnt wait that long, as soon as I got them in my trunk from the seller they had to go on
    -Arnold-

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '00 A4 2.8QM

love the drop..think they may next on the agenda..how do the VMaxx coils ride? and as for the ABS Module fix..thought that was kinda funny..only thing that annoys me the most is the "beeps" when the car starts...

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 A4 1.8tq

Quote Originally Posted by BruC3_L33ROY View Post
    love the drop..think they may next on the agenda..how do the VMaxx coils ride? and as for the ABS Module fix..thought that was kinda funny..only thing that annoys me the most is the "beeps" when the car starts...
    Those so called Beeps have become second nature for me, I think if I didnt hear them everytime I started the car i would freak out One time my friend asked me why its beeping, i said "Cuz the car is turning on?" haha. Like I said before, coils ride smooth, its scary riding this low though especially when I roll up to a speed bump and it looks like its half the size of the car. I go on speed bumps at about a 60 degree angle
    -Arnold-

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 A4 1.8tq

you gotz PM
    -Arnold-

Veteran Member Four Rings Seerlah's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I think those wheels need some wheel spacers (just an opinion). Looks good though . And you should really get your ABS module fixed if it is broke. You don't want your wheels locking up and hitting something if you need to stop abruptly. And not too sure if you can pass inspection with that broke.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 A4 1.8tq

Quote Originally Posted by Seerlah View Post
    I think those wheels need some wheel spacers (just an opinion). Looks good though . And you should really get your ABS module fixed if it is broke. You don't want your wheels locking up and hitting something if you need to stop abruptly. And not too sure if you can pass inspection with that broke.
    What inspections? You mean emmisions? Emmisions is for CEL lights only. AND if they do give me shit for it, Ill go get that $2600 quote from audi to fix the ABS module, come back to the emmision place and get a waver till next year, and I can do that three times. By then Im sure ill have something worked out haha.
    -Arnold-

Veteran Member Four Rings witwer4444's Avatar
    AZ Member #

why did u debadge the rings man?

thats like stripping a man of his penis

on the up side, the coils are sitting nice

but ya, give your car back its gender
    Current:
    2005 Black W211 E55 AMG

Sold:
    2002 Stering Grey E39 M5
    2001 Nogaro Blue S4

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 A4 1.8tq

Quote Originally Posted by witwer4444 View Post
    why did u debadge the rings man?

thats like stripping a man of his penis

on the up side, the coils are sitting nice

but ya, give your car back its gender
    I was in a debadging mood, I was debadging shit left and right and then did the rings I can always put them back on, Im liking the way it looks now, if I get sick of it, its a 2 minute job. Ill wait till someone asks me what car this is then Ill put them on
    -Arnold-

Senior Member Three Rings erikas3's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 Jetta GLI 24V

Nice. UPS man just brought me my Vmaxx coils today as well. How hard was the install?
    A little off topic, but you are Lithuanian right?
    1998.5 Audi A4 1.8T (Hibiscus Red)
    Soon to be BT...

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

You should remove the quattro badge on the front grille and black out the chrome around it the grille.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '00 A4 2.8QM

is this true? not being able to pass state inspection because of the ABS sensor? Im in VA and my inspection is due by the end of March..

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 A4 1.8tq

Quote Originally Posted by T3hD0gg View Post
    You should remove the quattro badge on the front grille and black out the chrome around it the grille.
    Yap, that is my next plan as soon as we hit some 30+ degree weather.

Quote Originally Posted by BruC3_L33ROY
    is this true? not being able to pass state inspection because of the ABS sensor? Im in VA and my inspection is due by the end of March..
    In IL they just plug it in for a CEL light, we get these yellow sheets when we have to go, it explains everything pretty nicely there. I will be going pretty soon also, Ill PM you about it after I go there. But you know every state is different.
    -Arnold-

AZ Member #

Not too sure, but they did not want to pass me because of a license plate bulb being out. And the ABS module is a bigger issue. I do not know all parts they scan through the OBD II port (I know they do emissions through there), but if they do scan the ABS module and it comes up faulty more than likely they will not pass you. Your best bet is to ask any mechanic that does inspection if they scan the ABS module via OBD II port for the inspection. But everytime I scan for codes in my vehicle, there is always a beep from my cluster when it comes to the ABS module. So I assume VAG com thinks that component to be important.

/thread jack

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 A4 1.8tq

Not too sure, but they did not want to pass me because of a license plate bulb being out. And the ABS module is a bigger issue. I do not know all parts they scan through the OBD II port (I know they do emissions through there), but if they do scan the ABS module and it comes up faulty more than likely they will not pass you. Your best bet is to ask any mechanic that does inspection if they scan the ABS module via OBD II port for the inspection.

/thread jack
    Its not the same as if you would scan for a CEL. For example, autozone cant pull that code because they dont got the VAG com. Theres cars that dont even come stock with ABS, so how can it be a requirement to pass emissions if a '06 POS cavalier dont even got ABS.

EDIT
    check this http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257094 I made a thread about this before.
    -Arnold-

AZ Member #

I did not say pass emissions. I said pass inspection. Emissions is just one aspect of inspection. Just as tire thread is part of inspection. I am done. I did not say that a person will def not pass "inspection" if the ABS module is defective. I said a person "might not" and that it is not safe as you could be driving in the snow or wet terrain and lock your brakes if you need to stop abruptly. Thus sliding into whatever.

And I am not trying to ruin your thread by adding a stupid debate. I am simply saying that a person "might not" pass inspection if they do count the ABS module in the inspection.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 A4 1.8tq

I did not say pass emissions. I said pass inspection. Emissions is just one aspect of inspection. Just as tire thread is part of inspection. I am done. I did not say that a person will def not pass "inspection" if the ABS module is defective. I said a person "might not" and that it is not safe as you could be driving in the snow or wet terrain and lock your brakes if you need to stop abruptly. Thus sliding into whatever.
    Oh for sure, sorry didn't know what your talking about seeing how we dont got no inspections here.
    -Arnold-

Veteran Member Four Rings djwimbo's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    E46 323i 5-Sp

I don't even have those yet, and I've dropped a lot more $$ than the price of VMaxx's in my current car.

OP - Looks good. I like the look of a dropped black B5 on the B6 sports.
    "Thank god I had my body, because it felt so good."

Veteran Member Four Rings the_pirate's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 A4 1.8t, B6 Passat Wagon 2.0t

Quote Originally Posted by PreLunatic View Post
    thanks! yeh when I first did it, it was about 22.5 front and 23 back. and I rubbed to shits lol. to get back to my house i have 5 speed bumps, which didnt go all that well got a good deal from my shop on HIDs, 150 shipped for headlights and foglights.

i'm 22.5 front and 23 rear with 17s and i dont rub get some smaller tires and she'll be sittin' purrrrty.

i say leave it tintless. do the CC mod, smaller tires (unless you have some summer wheels already with tires), and wash/wax
    My Thread.
    *5 speed swapped*

Senior Member Three Rings eurotecknik's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    06 A4, 09 A5

Looks x100 better lowered, Arnold. Did you do it yourself or? Anyway, my opinion is that you should have at least a finger gap between wheel and fender. Like that looks great, but chicago roads such so that's my .02 cents.
    One last thing, consider this to protect your oil pan.

http://www.dieselgeek.com/servlet/Detail?no=375
    01 A4 1.8T Quattro Manual - SOLD
    90 Audi 90 Quattro Manual - SOLD
    03 A4 1.8T Quattro Manual - SOLD
    B5 S4 Daily Driver - SOLD
    Current:
    06 A4 Quattro Auto

Registered Member Four Rings burner799's Avatar
    AZ Member #

What's the total diameter of your wheel, including the tire? I'm wondering because I got coilovers coming in the mail and I want to get an idea of how much I can minimize wheel well gap with my 205/50 16's. without laying the car flat on its underside...lol
    Ti.Sline: yeah my dads got shit in order
    SkunkonCrunk: i had to pay $300 and fight the city after they sprayed a bike lane on my car
    SkunkonCrunk: i hear ya, i know u guys dont get along but let bigons be bigons, or however u spell it, im at a two year

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 A4 1.8tq

Quote Originally Posted by djwimbo View Post
    I don't even have those yet, and I've dropped a lot more $$ than the price of VMaxx's in my current car.

OP - Looks good. I like the look of a dropped black B5 on the B6 sports.
    Thanks! Yeh Im debating if I should pick up some rims or just keep these cuz I love the look too, they just need to be repainted original owner curbed them to death

Quote Originally Posted by the_pirate
    i'm 22.5 front and 23 rear with 17s and i dont rub get some smaller tires and she'll be sittin' purrrrty.

i say leave it tintless. do the CC mod, smaller tires (unless you have some summer wheels already with tires), and wash/wax
    Damn thats low, yeh my neighberhood has some mad speed bumps, this is probably as low as I can go without scraping something everytime I go over them even if I go almost 90 degree angle
    Yeh im thinking going with no tints, cuz chicago is being a bitch abouting tinting the front passanger/driver windows so just the back tinted would look mehhh. And CC is probably next weekend

Quote Originally Posted by eurotecknik
    Looks x100 better lowered, Arnold. Did you do it yourself or? Anyway, my opinion is that you should have at least a finger gap between wheel and fender. Like that looks great, but chicago roads such so that's my .02 cents.
    One last thing, consider this to protect your oil pan.
    Thanks man, couldnt of done it without your coils yeh I had my shop doit, $200 aint half ass bad, saved me a hella busy weekend Yeh I know what you mean about the roads, I gotta be driving with my eyes wide open and try not to hit those man holes in the middle of the road lol. And if thats your car, ima come steal that shit looks nice!

Quote Originally Posted by burner799
    What's the total diameter of your wheel, including the tire? I'm wondering because I got coilovers coming in the mail and I want to get an idea of how much I can minimize wheel well gap with my 205/50 16's. without laying the car flat on its underside...lol
    I got stock tires that would run on a B6 A4 235/45/17 or isit 245, ah shit cant remember. Ill have to take a look at it tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for all the comments!
    -Arnold-

Established Member Two Rings mark_2328's Avatar
    AZ Member #

So you're liking the V-maxx's? Thinkin about ordering a set from stratmosphere tonight, but hesitant to pull the trigger. $560 shipped is a hell of a deal though. Let me know if so far you think its worth it. Not looking to track the car, just lookin to get a little less body roll and a lower stance.
    2000 S4, Autothority chip, H&R Sways, basically stock..

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 A4 1.8tq

Quote Originally Posted by mark_2328 View Post
    So you're liking the V-maxx's? Thinkin about ordering a set from stratmosphere tonight, but hesitant to pull the trigger. $560 shipped is a hell of a deal though. Let me know if so far you think its worth it. Not looking to track the car, just lookin to get a little less body roll and a lower stance.
    yeh I got mine for $160 less than that I love it, my friends love it, and anyone whose seenit/drove in it, loved it too, specially for the price. Yes you will probably bounce a little more, but its defanetly stiffer around corners. Good buy.
    -Arnold-

Established Member Two Rings mark_2328's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I guess anything's better than my 4x4 non-sport! $300 is a crazy good price, used or not. I guess I'll probably just pull the trigger and sell it off if I change my mind I suppose. Thanks for the input man, salty black b5's ftw! :D
    2000 S4, Autothority chip, H&R Sways, basically stock..

Established Member Two Rings Tigu's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a4 MK1, Octavia II

are the roads in chicago really worse than in baltics?
    but I had my audi 80 series on 17"s and had usually no problems here at home. just the corner to my work stripped the muffler from the car once, I furgot to slow down for the bump.
    M-tuning Mbc, Exhaustman special high flow exhaust+Remus, Supersport coilovers, custom ATS wheels, Angel eyes with xenon, Forge DV, FMIC with custom ss piping, 1,4 bar chip, new turbo from a6, short shifter - stiff engine mounts, more to come....[/B]

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 A4 1.8tq

Quote Originally Posted by mark_2328 View Post
    I guess anything's better than my 4x4 non-sport! $300 is a crazy good price, used or not. I guess I'll probably just pull the trigger and sell it off if I change my mind I suppose. Thanks for the input man, salty black b5's ftw! :D
    Haha yeah black is a hard color to keep clean on salty ass roads I think it made my car look 100% better

Quote Originally Posted by Tigu
    are the roads in chicago really worse than in baltics?
    but I had my audi 80 series on 17"s and had usually no problems here at home. just the corner to my work stripped the muffler from the car once, I furgot to slow down for the bump.
    Yeah roads are pretty shitty out here. Theres some roads that I used to avoid going on when I was still 4x4, now the list has become that much longer lol Yeah, gotta pay close attention to them bumps or my exhaust is going bye-bye too.
    -Arnold-