Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 280 of 281 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281 LastLast
Results 11,161 to 11,200 of 11217
    Established Member Two Rings AbsolutelyMitch's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by PKmode View Post
    Also, I think I was right next to you on i94 yesterday, Mitch. About 4pm just West of Miller Park.
    Yesterday? Hmm, not sure it was me - although these days are blurring together. I usually take 94 to work and North Ave home - definitely around 4pm though. Could have been me. With the roof bars and snowboard rack? Been rocking this as of late:

Daily: B8.5 Allroad / Premuim Plus / Brilliant Black / KW v2's / 20x9 Rotors | Alt: 2016 Yamaha FZ-07 / Intake / Exhaust / Tune / Cosmetics | Instagram: AbsolutelyMitch | ACNA Member

Veteran Member Four Rings PKmode's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Don't remember but it had rotors and there aren't a lot of ARs around.
    Do it right, or don't bother.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Anyone in the Milwaukee/Waukesha area have luck installing or having a shop install a remote start system? I am really missing that feature and would like to add it if it doesnít add a bunch of gremlins with it. Let me know what you used and who you had install it. I donít want to go with a shop that has no experience dealing with this install on a B8.

Thanks,

Ben

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2018 S6

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Don't remember but it had rotors and there aren't a lot of ARs around.
    It might have been me? I drove through there last week between 3:30 and 4:00, but I don't remember what day.

Quote Originally Posted by benk777 View Post
    Anyone in the Milwaukee/Waukesha area have luck installing or having a shop install a remote start system? I am really missing that feature and would like to add it if it doesnít add a bunch of gremlins with it. Let me know what you used and who you had install it. I donít want to go with a shop that has no experience dealing with this install on a B8.
    Try Phil at Auto Integration: http://www.autointegrationllc.com/?f...RI0DYY4lGkkf1Y

He did aftermarket heated seats in my Xterra a few years back utilizing the OEM switches, then a few remote starts for my brother and mom. If I remember right he did an A8 many years ago when the comfort access/keyless ignitions were brand new. I'm sure he could do a B8 or explain any issues there might be with the platform.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Allroad Premium Plus (OEM+ Build Thread)
    Summer/Fun Car: 2005 Jetta GLI (OEM+ Build Thread)

AZ Member #

^Interesting to hear about a guy who goes the extra step. In my experience, these auto start fobs always end up having gremlins in the long term. We've had to have them removed in the past.

Also, it was a Black AllRoad with dark grey Rotors. That's why I thought it was Mitch.

AZ Member #

^Interesting to hear about a guy who goes the extra step. In my experience, these auto start fobs always end up having gremlins in the long term. We've had to have them removed in the past.

Also, it was a Black AllRoad with dark grey Rotors. That's why I thought it was Mitch.
    I did the legwork on figuring out the OEM switches would work then tracked down the switches with pigtails and the replacement dash piece to hold them. That being said he was absolutely willing to work with me to achieve a cleaner install. Most shops wouldn't deviate from a standard install.

Other than Mitch, I'm not aware of any other modified Allroads in the area.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Any of you guys recommend a shop in Madison to take a look at a B5 S4 before I purchase?

I am still new to Audi and am out of Chicago, so just want to find and extra set of eyes.

Thanks in advance.

AZ Member #

Kelly Moss Motorsports knows their way around B5S4s.

Established Member Two Rings jungy4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

https://www.accumoto.com/

A member here suggested this to me. We both have B8.5 but although their website seems Porsche based, apparently they gladly work on Audi's.

Just another option you can consider.
    2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT
    2006 Acura TL 6MT
    2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe
    2011 INFINITI FX35

Current - 2015 S4 6MT

AZ Member #

Yes, I was going to mention them as well but they definitely specialize in Porsche and since Jared moved on (former B5S4 guy) I didn't. Good shop though.

AZ Member #

Hope everyone had a great holiday. Was hoping for snow last night and woke up to nothing. I believe Racine/Kenosha received the worst end of it?

Anyway, dropped off the allroad today for it's 35k mile service and the part 1 of the pump recall (just unplugging it), and received a new Q5 as a loaner. In my quick drive back to work I found it very quiet, roomy and surprisingly refined - and virtual cockpit is incredible. MUCH more high quality and responsive than I had originally thought. The wife's lease is up in March and she's hell-bent on an RDX. Maybe I'll have her test drive this and hope she's at least half as impressed as I am.
    Daily: B8.5 Allroad / Premuim Plus / Brilliant Black / KW v2's / 20x9 Rotors | Alt: 2016 Yamaha FZ-07 / Intake / Exhaust / Tune / Cosmetics | Instagram: AbsolutelyMitch | ACNA Member

AZ Member #

Yeah, they got hit to the south much more. In New Berlin I had a few inches but at the office in the Falls, we have nothing. I've got customers in my area that got 8-10" though. The new Q5 is pretty nice. Certainly nicer than the unstylish RDX. I looked at them but wasn't a huge fan.

AZ Member #

The weather is nuts. Oak creek area had a little bit and icy roads. Drove to north shore to work and then to tosa and there was nothing, then drove to new Berlin to see snow

And yes the Q5 is very nice. I like a little larger tho so Iíd go with Q7. Both very nice trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Established Member Three Rings eurojunkjon's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A3

Lake Geneva

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by eurojunkjon View Post

Lake Geneva
    Clean

'11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Kelly Moss Motorsports knows their way around B5S4s.
    Thanks for the recommendations.

AZ Member #

Madison hasn't had much snow yet for me to test out the Quattro. I think I need new tires soon. The Michelin PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ that came with my S4 doesn't seem to stop the best on any amount of snow.

My previous car was a crossover and I liked it. Just had to get rid of it so I can drive a manual again. The new Q5 would be my choice if I wanted a crossover right now. By looking at the numbers, it seems quick enough to make me wonder if SQ5 is worth the extra cost.

I am taking in my car next week and we will see what they give me as a loaner.
    2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT
    2006 Acura TL 6MT
    2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe
    2011 INFINITI FX35

Current - 2015 S4 6MT

Veteran Member Three Rings JayDog747's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 S4, 2008 Subaru Outback,2015 Silverado,08 A43.2

Quote Originally Posted by jungy4 View Post
    Madison hasn't had much snow yet for me to test out the Quattro. I think I need new tires soon. The Michelin PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ that came with my S4 doesn't seem to stop the best on any amount of snow.

My previous car was a crossover and I liked it. Just had to get rid of it so I can drive a manual again. The new Q5 would be my choice if I wanted a crossover right now. By looking at the numbers, it seems quick enough to make me wonder if SQ5 is worth the extra cost.

Depending on the track of the storm, you may find out this weekend. If you can swing it, get a set of snow tires. It is worth the money.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jungy4 View Post

BIG fan of the current gen SQ. OEM air ride, sporty, better tow ability than the 2.0t, diamond stitched Nappa leather seats - the list goes on. Seems all around practical, but you're right, for a cost. I have yet to drive the Q7, however something tells me if it's bigger than the current gen Grand Cherokee it'll be too big. Insert some lame comment about how we don't get the RS6 (or RS4) avant here.

EDIT: Fixed.
    Last edited by AbsolutelyMitch; 12-03-2018 at 06:53 AM.

AZ Member #

*RS6

AZ Member #

I think the 6 would be a way more practical wagon for sure.

'11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Rs6 Avant. I'd put a deposit down today for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

*RS6
    Fixed.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Anyone know of an enclosed self-wash option anywhere? The open air options are just a little tough this time of year

AZ Member #

They gave me a 2018 A3 as a loaner....that cute little thing is pretty quick off the line.
    2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT
    2006 Acura TL 6MT
    2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe
    2011 INFINITI FX35

Current - 2015 S4 6MT

AZ Member #

Rob/Big Boost's A3 is running 11s with an IS38 and bolt ons. That's quick.

AZ Member #

I did like my S3 a lot. I think 3 platform is great with the exception itís just too small for me(Iím a larger human). I had the seat pretty far back and as far down as I could but still would hit the dash with my knee getting in the car, not to mention i was too wide for the thing🤷🏻*♂️ my arm would be hanging almost over the arm rest into the passenger side haha.

That aside. It was a fun little car! Launched great and really moved. Felt like a go cart around corners.
    Had a really hard time ordering my s4 knowing that the RS3 was in the same-ish price range. But I donít regret my decision.

'11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #

I may be part of a shrinking demographic but I think cars are getting too big. I thought the B5S4 was the perfect size. It was a little too small for my car seats but I never had any problem getting four adults in the car when required. B5S4 is the same size as an RS3.

All the new cars just keep getting bigger and heavier. My C7A6 is substantially larger than an old D2A8 and weighs just shy of two tons.

Established Member Two Rings Kylet21's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 VW Golf R 6mt

Official Milwaukee Thread

Hello, my name is Kyle and I live in Milwaukee. I have a set of A4 S-Line wheels for a 2007 Audi A4 that I want to get refinished.

I have always had wheels repainted but I am almost always left slightly disappointed by how they turn out. As a result, I was thinking about having the wheels Powder Coated instead.

Does anyone have any recommendations in Milwaukee? Also any idea what I can expect to spend for four wheels? Thanks for your help.

-Kyle-

Established Member Two Rings JACKAL's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Kylet21 View Post
    Hello, my name is Kyle and I live in Milwaukee. I have a set of A4 S-Line wheels for a 2007 Audi A4 that I want to get refinished.

I have always had wheels repainted but I am almost always left slightly disappointed by how they turn out. As a result, I was thinking about having the wheels Powder Coated instead.

Does anyone have any recommendations in Milwaukee? Also any idea what I can expect to spend for four wheels? Thanks for your help.

-Kyle-
    Hey Kyle,

You might try Wheels Now in Waukesha. Iíve had a few friends take wheels there and they do good work for a good price. Final price will depend a little bit on the size of the wheel, but if I remember correctly My friends paid somewhere around $60 per wheel which included stripping of old coating and reapplication of new.
    2010 Sprint Blue S4 / United Motorsports Stage 2 Dual Pulley | Tampa Autosports Ported Blower | iABED 75mm Throttle Body | 6MT | B&O Stereo| CTS Turbo Non-Resonated Downpipes | CTS Turbo Intake | R8 Coil Packs | Blackout Headlights | R1 Concepts Drilled & Slotted Front Rotors | Eurocode Short Shifter | D-Steering Wheel | Stainless Clutch Line

Established Member Two Rings Kylet21's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 VW Golf R 6mt

Quote Originally Posted by JACKAL View Post
    Hey Kyle,

You might try Wheels Now in Waukesha. Iíve had a few friends take wheels there and they do good work for a good price. Final price will depend a little bit on the size of the wheel, but if I remember correctly My friends paid somewhere around $60 per wheel which included stripping of old coating and reapplication of new.
    Thank you for that information. I will check them out.

-Kyle-

AZ Member #

I may be part of a shrinking demographic but I think cars are getting too big. I thought the B5S4 was the perfect size. It was a little too small for my car seats but I never had any problem getting four adults in the car when required. B5S4 is the same size as an RS3.

All the new cars just keep getting bigger and heavier. My C7A6 is substantially larger than an old D2A8 and weighs just shy of two tons.
    I wholeheartedly agree. On top of getting bigger they're becoming less practical too. My B8.5 Allroad is the size of the old C5 Allroad with significantly less cargo space behind the rear seats (27 cubic ft. vs 36). The slope of the hatch nearly negates the benefit of a wagon.

Having driven an A3 as a loaner it did feel too small, but my MK4 Jetta feels like the perfect size. Is it safety standards or just poor design that are causing this?

AZ Member #

I am about 5 ft 11 and I had lowered the seat all the way to the bottom in that loaner A3 and felt I was sitting up to high. The interior was nice though while the XM radio sounded better than mine with B&O.

So when and where is our next meetup?
    2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT
    2006 Acura TL 6MT
    2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe
    2011 INFINITI FX35

Current - 2015 S4 6MT

Active Member Two Rings Aforce6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Audi A4 Sline Black Optics - Sepang Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Kylet21 View Post

-Kyle-
    You could try Hy-tec coating in Waukesha. I had mine done there this spring. They range from $100-$125 a wheel depending on size and color. I had 5 wheels done for $550.

IMG_0216.JPG

IMG_0201.JPG

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by eurojunkjon View Post

Lake Geneva
    Thatís my old stomping grounds. Badger class of 95! Dating myself a bit.

2018 S6

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Is there a list of independent mechanics who are recommended for working on Audiís in the Milwaukee area? I have a 2013 S4 that I picked up this summer and was going to try to avoid the dealership.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Slash View Post
    Is there a list of independent mechanics who are recommended for working on Audiís in the Milwaukee area? I have a 2013 S4 that I picked up this summer and was going to try to avoid the dealership.
    I'd recommend Midcoast Auto near Miller Park. While not specifically a European shop, Chris and Jon have a long history with Volkswagens and Audis. I've heard nothing but good things from friends and family that I have recommended them to and have used them a few times myself when it's something I don't feel comfortable doing. Excellent reviews on Google and Facebook if you're into that sort of thing.

AZ Member #

There isn't a lot of great shops locally.

MidCoast, (https://www.facebook.com/MidcoastAutoLLC/) does a good job and I know the guys as well. I use them often for work I don't DIY. Especially on the wife's last Saabaru 9-2x Aero as Chris had a WRX. I often recommend them to friends and family. Well rounded and straight shooters.

For some work, I'd also recommend Frank at European Performance Group, https://www.facebook.com/EuroPerf/. Frank knows VW/Audi well specifically. Sometimes, the guy with more experience on a specific task is the best. Frank is also a dealer for APR, Unitronic and others. Good guy as well.

Finally, a close friend of mine just opened his own shop after being the head tech at several of the local Porsche dealers. He is a Porsche Gold Meister Technician, (Porsche's highest certification. There are only around 250 in the US ) and can handle just about anything. He would likely be a little more expensive than the other two but you can be confident in the abilities. That one is Ameen Garage, https://www.facebook.com/ameengarage/. Owner is Nick and he's a great guy.

Veteran Member Three Rings Schrubbe8210's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1997 B5 A4 track car, B8 A4 Prestige 2.0T Quattro, 2013 Q7 3.0T Prestige S-line Plus

Just as an FYI guys, I signed up my brother and I for the Jan 19 Ice Driving at sinisippi. Hope to see some of you there.

AZ Member #

I will likely be there provided there is enough ice. It's been pretty warm and I see in the next few days we are going to get up to 40-45*F. I plan to be taking pics and video this year rather than driving. Make sure you're car is not completely filthy.

Page 280 of 281 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281 LastLast