Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 279 of 280 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280 LastLast
Results 11,121 to 11,160 of 11170
    Veteran Member Four Rings PKmode's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'm thinking of heading back to GLD one of these days to use my rain check. Anyone else want to meet up? I think we can get Brady, Rob and myself again soon. If anyone wants to join, let us know.

Also, it's Fall, share your photos and locations. This was just at Wirth park. I stopped on the way to the office while on the phone.

Do it right, or don't bother.

Veteran Member Three Rings Schrubbe8210's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1997 B5 A4 track car, B8 A4 Prestige 2.0T Quattro, 2013 Q7 3.0T Prestige S-line Plus

I have never dragged my car, or been to gld. Depending on when you guys go i could be enticed.

AZ Member #

Havenít been to GLD since they booted my 8 years ago for not having a cage. Heard they made it an 1/8th mile track now. Is that true or just a rumor ?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    '11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Established Member Two Rings JACKAL's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hey everyone I just stumbled on this thread. I work on the Brookfield/Tosa boarder and live out in Hartland. If anyone in that area has a B8 S4 or S5 with a stock clutch, I'd love a chance to just sit in the car and check pedal feel. That may sound like a strange request but I'm trying to figure out if my clutch is stock or if was upgraded before I bought the car. I'm becoming suspicious that it has been upgraded simply because the car has 86k miles and even with my dual pulley setup, I've still never had any slipping. I'm in the process of porting my blower and am also considering a throttle body upgrade and I know if this is still somehow the stock clutch, I should budget accordingly for a clutch when I put on the latest goodies.

Cheers!

Joe
    2010 Sprint Blue S4 / United Motorsports Stage 2 Dual Pulley | Tampa Autosports Ported Blower | 6MT | B&O Stereo| CTS Turbo Non-Resonated Downpipes | CTS Turbo Intake | R8 Coil Packs | Blackout Headlights | R1 Concepts Drilled & Slotted Front Rotors | Eurocode Short Shifter

Veteran Member Four Rings s vier's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS5

Your best bet is Frank Rigadore. He owns EPG in Hartland. Great guy. Or,Laz the owner of the Open Flame restaurant in Hales Corners/Greenfield. He has a 6-spd S4 (2012?) and might still be on his stock clutch.
    2015 Suzuka RS5 Black Optics+Carbon Ceramics-Euro Recaro Bucket -Akrapovic -AWE DPs-Ecodes-Euro fold CF Neidfaktor mirrors-3M+Suntech(whole car)-CR15-Red START button-034 diff carrier inserts-BBS CH-R 10.5x20 et25

IG: GERMANBrew

Established Member Two Rings JACKAL's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by s vier View Post
    Your best bet is Frank Rigadore. He owns EPG in Hartland. Great guy. Or,Laz the owner of the Open Flame restaurant in Hales Corners/Greenfield. He has a 6-spd S4 (2012?) and might still be on his stock clutch.
    Thank you! I actually know Frank well and Iíve been out to see him a few times for various mods on my car. Good to know about Laz though. I may try hitting him up to see what his setup is.

Thanks!
    2010 Sprint Blue S4 / United Motorsports Stage 2 Dual Pulley | Tampa Autosports Ported Blower | 6MT | B&O Stereo| CTS Turbo Non-Resonated Downpipes | CTS Turbo Intake | R8 Coil Packs | Blackout Headlights | R1 Concepts Drilled & Slotted Front Rotors | Eurocode Short Shifter

AZ Member #

Hello. Just wanted to drop in and say Hi. I am in Madison and just picked up a 2015 6MT S4 today.
    Attached Images

AZ Member #

Laz's clutch is on the way out and has been for some time. Not a good candidate.

Nice S4. Welcome.

AZ Member #

I saw Brady the other day. We talked about maybe going to GLD Tuesday but it is going to rain tomorrow. I might go tonight if anyone is seeing this and wants to go. I'd be going shortly after they open.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jungy4 View Post
    Hello. Just wanted to drop in and say Hi. I am in Madison and just picked up a 2015 6MT S4 today.
    You beat me to it. I was about to trade my s8 for it. Nice car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Three Rings Schrubbe8210's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1997 B5 A4 track car, B8 A4 Prestige 2.0T Quattro, 2013 Q7 3.0T Prestige S-line Plus

Sounds fun, I can't swing it during the week.

AZ Member #

They were closed. Rain tonight and I'm busy with the kids tomorrow. Maybe Thursday.

Established Member Three Rings eurojunkjon's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 s4

With all my issues following my engine pull/ timing service havenít had a chance to take anything good

Active Member Two Rings Aforce6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Audi A4 Sline Black Optics - Sepang Blue

Just noticed this local thread. Iím located in Waukesha. A year ago I sold my 2001 a6 2.7t and purchase a 2006 s4 25th edition Quattro! Right now itís torn apart for the chains, headers, clutch and flywheel and replacing engine, trans, and front subframe mounts. Canít wait to have it back together and not worry about it blowing up.

Also in the garage is a 2018 S Line A4

IMG_0307.JPGIMG_1158.JPGIMG_1163.JPGIMG_1165.JPGIMG_1167.JPGIMG_1189.JPGIMG_1193.JPG
    IMG_0457.JPG

AZ Member #

Nice rides guys!

'11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Established Member Two Rings AbsolutelyMitch's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Can't believe I haven't posted in here yet. Picked up this guy this past March, low mile CPO.

Live in Waukesha, work in Milwaukee - and I'm sure I've seen a few of you around; either driving or at C&C (Wales/Lake Mills).

Daily: B8.5 Allroad / Premuim Plus / Brilliant Black / KW v2's / 20x9 Rotors | Alt: 2016 Yamaha FZ-07 / Intake / Exhaust / Tune / Cosmetics | Instagram: AbsoultelyMitch

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Winter rollers on. Ready for snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutelyMitch View Post
    Can't believe I haven't posted in here yet. Picked up this guy this past March, low mile CPO.

Live in Waukesha, work in Milwaukee - and I'm sure I've seen a few of you around; either driving or at C&C (Wales/Lake Mills).

Iíve never seen an all road with rotor wheels.... thatís looks REALLY good. Very clean.

'11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Nez136 View Post
    Iíve never seen an all road with rotor wheels.... thatís looks REALLY good. Very clean.

Thanks! Appreciate it. Plus, they're super easy to clean, too.

The rotors will soon change to the winter wheels (stock 19s), plus I've been rocking the roof rack as of late.
    Daily: B8.5 Allroad / Premuim Plus / Brilliant Black / KW v2's / 20x9 Rotors | Alt: 2016 Yamaha FZ-07 / Intake / Exhaust / Tune / Cosmetics | Instagram: AbsoultelyMitch

AZ Member #

Thanks! Appreciate it. Plus, they're super easy to clean, too.

The rotors will soon change to the winter wheels (stock 19s), plus I've been rocking the roof rack as of late.
    I know those rims wellIMG_1429.JPG

Iíll be putting my cheapo rims on as well and Iím not looking forward to it. Iíve had the same winter wheels on my last 3 Audiís since 2009.... they were so pitted I threw a few coats of plasti dip on last fall to make them look better. Would love to have a set of knock of rotors for winter as well.

'11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #

Nice to see this thread moving again. Welcome new posters. Great to see some other pictures.

Big job on the B7S4. One I've actually not tackeld. The AR looks great. I so wish we were not deprived of other Avant models. Looks like the winter temps are coming by the end of this week so I may switch over sooner than usual.

I hope some of you got some Fall pics in because on the drive in this morning, after all the rain and wind last night, the trees looked pretty bare. I got a couple on Friday randomly making sales calls with a clean car. Here is my favourite.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by PKmode View Post
    Nice to see this thread moving again. Welcome new posters. Great to see some other pictures.

Big job on the B7S4. One I've actually not tackeld. The AR looks great. I so wish we were not deprived of other Avant models. Looks like the winter temps are coming by the end of this week so I may switch over sooner than usual.

I hope some of you got some Fall pics in because on the drive in this morning, after all the rain and wind last night, the trees looked pretty bare. I got a couple on Friday randomly making sales calls with a clean car. Here is my favourite.

🤤🤤🤤

'11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #

Official Milwaukee Thread

IMG_0154.jpg

Not nearly as cool of a pic but I just snapped it walking up to my car the other day.

'11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #

Thanks! And I agree. Pacific German (http://pacificgerman.com/gallery/) took a B9 Allroad and swapped in a B9 S4 drive-train/interior/etc. It's perfect, and what the US should have gotten. I believe they've done it with a B8 in the past as well.

By the way, your car is VERY clean, and well done (REALLY dig the wheels). Of course, I am a sucker for black cars - especially this time of year and when the snow hits; I love the contrast.

I did see the weather plummeting by the end of the week - potential snow, too. Looks like i'll be throwing the winter wheels on sooner than later, which is unfortunate. I'd almost rather have a decent set of all-seasons year round as we don't see much snow, say, vs Minnesota or Michigan.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Looks like i'll be throwing the winter wheels on sooner than later, which is unfortunate. I'd almost rather have a decent set of all-seasons year round as we don't see much snow, say, vs Minnesota or Michigan.
    I went the all season route for the first winter with my Touareg and about a month of winter with the Allroad. Not worth it compared to dedicated snows. Then again, I'm the crazy person that runs all season tires October, November, April, and May because I don't like the feeling of driving in warmer weather on winter tires (and I have too many sets of wheels).
    Daily Driver: 2013 Allroad Premium Plus (OEM+ Build Thread)
    Summer/Fun Car: 2005 Jetta GLI (OEM+ Build Thread)

AZ Member #

My preference is to run dedicated winter wheels and tires on every vehicle. Both are currently equipped with matching Michelin X-Ice Xi3s. I thought they were good enough I bought them a second time. Better than Blizzaks have been in a while.

AZ Member #

My preference is to run dedicated winter wheels and tires on every vehicle. Both are currently equipped with matching Michelin X-Ice Xi3s. I thought they were good enough I bought them a second time. Better than Blizzaks have been in a while.
    I using the same tires on my winter wheels. Best snow tires Iíve ever used.

'11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Active Member Two Rings Aforce6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Audi A4 Sline Black Optics - Sepang Blue

If anyone here is looking for parts, performance or stock I have a good connection with a well known parts supplier with a good discount.

Senior Member Three Rings JayDog747's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 S4, 2008 Subaru Outback,2015 Silverado,08 A43.2

Until the money runs out, I will always run summer and winter tires. The S has a new set of PA4's and the other three run the X-Ice 3. Everyone laughs when I tell them I have snows for the pick'em up truck. When I tell them it's not the going, it's the stopping and turning, a light goes on and that smirk gets wiped right off their face.

We had the Blizzaks once and I found them too noisy.

AZ Member #

No one laughs when they go for a ride and feel the real world difference. I'm not saying you can't run just fine with A/S or even bald summers. Anything can be done but it isn't wise. A few years ago, I ran an Ice event with just A/S on without a problem. That said, the difference in true winters was huge.

I also agree, it's not the going but the stopping and turning. The way I see it, the tires are cheap insurance. I always ask someone, "how much is your deductible?" Because the one time you needed to stop even a foot shorter, the tires just paid for themselves.

AZ Member #

My GF just about shit bricks when I showed her he stoping ability with the IceX tires in the snow.

'11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

AZ Member #

You all have nice looking cars. Is there a meetup planned for this area? My car is bone stock and I got nothing to show, but it would be nice to get together with fellow owners.

Also currently debating on what % tint I want all around.
    2015 S4 6MT

Senior Member Three Rings JayDog747's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 S4, 2008 Subaru Outback,2015 Silverado,08 A43.2

You all have nice looking cars. Is there a meetup planned for this area? My car is bone stock and I got nothing to show, but it would be nice to get together with fellow owners.

You get the max that Johnny Law allows.

AZ Member #

Legal limit in Wisconsin is 50% on the two front side windows and 35% on everything back of that. I've always done 35% all the way around so everything matches. If there's an issue only two windows need to be redone rather than all of them. I've been pulled over a handful of times over the years and the windows haven't been mentioned.

AZ Member #

Typically in Milwaukee they donít care. Unless some new jack had a puck up his ass.

'11 S4
    '05 Evo 2.3 HTA35r

Established Member Two Rings Quicksilverawd's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '01.5 S4, '96 Eclipse GSX

Only popped once for tint, many moons ago. Mine is at 28%, and he even busted out the meter to measure on the window. He casually let it slide that I was doing 80+, so I took the ticket.
    A little rice, and a little kraut... at least their both AWD.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JettaGetUpandGo View Post
    Legal limit in Wisconsin is 50% on the two front side windows and 35% on everything back of that. I've always done 35% all the way around so everything matches. If there's an issue only two windows need to be redone rather than all of them. I've been pulled over a handful of times over the years and the windows haven't been mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nez136 View Post
    Typically in Milwaukee they donít care. Unless some new jack had a puck up his ass.

Same. I have had anywhere from 15%-35% all the way around on any one of my vehicles and have never been ticketed (when pulled over) - they've all been front plate-less too, something allegedly required by law as well. Maybe I'm just lucky.

AZ Member #

Same. I have had anywhere from 15%-35% all the way around on any one of my vehicles and have never been ticketed (when pulled over) - they've all been front plate-less too, something allegedly required by law as well. Maybe I'm just lucky.
    The front plate has gotten me three or four times, but not in the past decade (wow, I feel old). Not mentioned other times when pulled over. They were all fix-it tickets, so zip tie the plate to the front grill, have the ticket signed off on, and snip it off at home.

Side note: was pulled over 7 over the speed limit (slower than traffic flow) and an illegal license plate frame somewhere in the middle of Iowa in a Honda Odyssey. It was a typical dealer plate frame that covered up the "America's Dairyland" tagline at the bottom. Some people just have bad days and will pull you over for any reason.

AZ Member #

FWIW, I always use 30-35% on all my windows. Legal is 50% for the fronts in WI.

Also, I think I was right next to you on i94 yesterday, Mitch. About 4pm just West of Miller Park.

Established Member Three Rings eurojunkjon's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 s4

Actually yeah are there any g2g in This area?

Has anyone coded out their sec. air with emissions? I know we can have one system fault but was curious if it said not supported if you would still pass

Page 279 of 280 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280 LastLast