Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 277 of 277 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277
Results 11,041 to 11,078 of 11078
    Senior Member Three Rings jbullin2's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Mitsubishi Outlander SEL

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by PKmode View Post
    Happy 2018, boys! Reminder the Ice Event dates are about a month from now. I intend on going again assuming there is enough ice. If these temps continue, I can't imagine that being a problem but it's suppose to get back to "normal" Sunday.
    There are 3 Ice events this weekend! WAG, FVSCC, and CWSCC are all running!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Three Rings Schrubbe8210's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1997 B5 A4 track car, B8 A4 Prestige 2.0T Quattro, 2013 Q7 3.0T Prestige S-line Plus

Anyone check the audi performance classifieds group on Facebook? Apparently rob is parting his b5 s4 vr6t. Anyone know whats going on?

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Schrubbe8210 View Post
    Anyone check the audi performance classifieds group on Facebook? Apparently rob is parting his b5 s4 vr6t. Anyone know whats going on?
    I know he's no longer at International, but that's all I know.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Allroad Premium Plus (OEM+ Build Thread)
    Summer/Fun Car: 2005 Jetta GLI (OEM+ Build Thread)

Established Member Two Rings eurojunkjon's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 s4

I met rob once at international when I dropped my car off for the airbag recall That sucks since Iíve never seen that thing in person.
    My buddy is tech there so maybe he will know whatís up

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 s4

I was told he quit like 3 months ago and that he has been planning on getting rid of the vrt....?

Veteran Member Four Rings PKmode's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Jay, where are you looking to find these weekly events? The one I posted is just the Audi club and is safety focused, not HPDE. I'd be interested in HPDE and would also do some photos/vid.

In regards to Rob...WHAT? I did not see or hear any of this. I just hope all is alright with him and his family.
    Do it right, or don't bother.

Veteran Member Three Rings Schrubbe8210's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1997 B5 A4 track car, B8 A4 Prestige 2.0T Quattro, 2013 Q7 3.0T Prestige S-line Plus

I messaged him and it sounds like he is sick of it, has low compression on cyl 1 and got a little disenchanted/ didnt want to pull the motor and mess with it. I don't know if he is fully set on parting it yet, he got a ton of flak in the FB group he posted for sale. And yes, I too hope all is well, that is usually the sort of thing that causes stuff like this, and I hope its all ok.

Senior Member Four Rings rockbeau25's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1999 B5 A4 Avant | 1993 URS4

Anyone going to Road America autocross tomorrow? I'll be there with my B5 if I can finish the timing belt tonight. Not sure what the conditions will be and what tires to run. If its at all dry I don't want my winter tires on. Maybe will bring some all seasons or summers along too.
    rice

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rockbeau25 View Post
    Anyone going to Road America autocross tomorrow? I'll be there with my B5 if I can finish the timing belt tonight. Not sure what the conditions will be and what tires to run. If its at all dry I don't want my winter tires on. Maybe will bring some all seasons or summers along too.
    Iíll be up there helping to run it this year. Look for me in a black Mitsubishi Outlander. The S4 I took it down with last year has been retired from winter racing this year.

Iíll be up there at 6:30am to set up the long autocross. If youíd like conditions updates text me at 2174800800

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jbullin2 View Post
    Iíll be up there helping to run it this year. Look for me in a black Mitsubishi Outlander. The S4 I took it down with last year has been retired from winter racing this year.

Iíll be up there at 6:30am to set up the long autocross. If youíd like conditions updates text me at 2174800800

Would it be a bad idea to bring a few sets of wheels, have firestone winterforces on my car currently, was going to bring pirelli all seasons and Michelin pilot super sports as well.

rice

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Would it be a bad idea to bring a few sets of wheels, have firestone winterforces on my car currently, was going to bring pirelli all seasons and Michelin pilot super sports as well.

Probably a good idea. Itís really a tossup whether snows, all seasons, or summer tires will be the best for a cold dry surface. Youíll definitely the rash or snows on the pavement, but they should remain soft and fairly grippy in the cold temps. With the summer tires, The question will be whether you can get them up to temp or not. Maybe with the PSS you would be OK. Not like itís an R comp or anything. All seasons just kind of suck to be honest.

Last year at the March event, I rolled the dice and brought the RE71Rs and it paid off. I was just barely able to get enough heat in them to get some grip, and it definitely showed against the snow tire cars.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Probably a good idea. Itís really a tossup whether snows, all seasons, or summer tires will be the best for a cold dry surface. Youíll definitely the rash or snows on the pavement, but they should remain soft and fairly grippy in the cold temps. With the summer tires, The question will be whether you can get them up to temp or not. Maybe with the PSS you would be OK. Not like itís an R comp or anything. All seasons just kind of suck to be honest.

Last year at the March event, I rolled the dice and brought the RE71Rs and it paid off. I was just barely able to get enough heat in them to get some grip, and it definitely showed against the snow tire cars.

Iíll see if my car is one piece first and go from there. Iíll text you in the morning for conditions if so. Thanks for the info jay! Iíll be in my Black B5 avant if itís done or in my buddyís red b6 a4 if not.

rice

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Iíll see if my car is one piece first and go from there. Iíll text you in the morning for conditions if so. Thanks for the info jay! Iíll be in my Black B5 avant if itís done or in my buddyís red b6 a4 if not.

Just got an initial report of supposedly dry conditions where weíll have the Autocross.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Just got an initial report of supposedly dry conditions where weíll have the Autocross.

Good to know, Iím thinking Michelinís

rice

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Good to know, Iím thinking Michelinís

Iíd do it.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Autocross was fun!
    rice

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Autocross was fun!
    Good job out there man! Howíd ya finish? Did everything hold up okay? I saw the hood up at the end there...

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Good job out there man! Howíd ya finish? Did everything hold up okay? I saw the hood up at the end there...

10th in class, best time was an 80 flat. I'm sure my steering didn't sound healthy...forgot to bleed the power steering after the timing belt which I guess you're supposed to do. My passenger thought he saw smoke but was just a false alarm, left the hood up to cool. Otherwise everything held up great! Summer tires were definitely the way to go. Was able to get good heat in the PSSs.
    rice

AZ Member #
    My Garage

10th in class, best time was an 80 flat. I'm sure my steering didn't sound healthy...forgot to bleed the power steering after the timing belt which I guess you're supposed to do. My passenger thought he saw smoke but was just a false alarm, left the hood up to cool. Otherwise everything held up great! Summer tires were definitely the way to go. Was able to get good heat in the PSSs.
    Awesome man! 80 was a very respectable time out there!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Awesome man! 80 was a very respectable time out there!

Thanks! Course was awesome, especially the downhill. Just gotta work on my speed stops. Hoping for snow next time
    rice

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thanks! Course was awesome, especially the downhill. Just gotta work on my speed stops. Hoping for snow next time
    So far every February event in the last 4 years has had snow. March is almost always dry.

Glad you liked the course! I designed the lower part of it ;)

AZ Member #
    My Garage

So far every February event in the last 4 years has had snow. March is almost always dry.

Glad you liked the course! I designed the lower part of it ;)

Pretty dang good substitution for the kart track! Snow would be great, last January I was top Audi besides you haha
    rice

Veteran Member Four Rings Big Boost's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi S4 VRT,B5 A4Q, Yukon XL

I am keeping the car. My frustrations with the mechanical aspect of the project (i.e. engine build) just made me want to walk away from it. Everything else works great, the drivetrain, the three stage cooling system, brakes, etc. is on point. Ricky Rick came up to help me sort it out late last year and the most revealing thing to him was the amount of timing it could take. With 36 degree Celsius intake temps, it has the potential on E85 to make a great deal of HP. I just need to focus on getting a reliable short block built and incorporate a few things like a idle control unit and an after run coolant pump. The tuning aspect will continue and I will move forward. Everything is good with the family and the wife knows it's hard for me to walk away from anything unfinished...so here we go again. It runs pretty good, but not perfect. It will soon enough. It ain't over yet.

Last edited by Big Boost; 02-20-2018 at 07:28 AM.
    Instagram #bigboost_S4VR6

Veteran Member Four Rings s vier's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS5
    Items for Sale

Good to have you back from the brink of a regrettable sale Rob! Iím sure I speak for all of us when I say I want to go for a ride in this thing one day when youíve got her dialed in.
    2015 Suzuka RS5 Black Optics+Carbon Ceramics-Euro Recaro Bucket -Akrapovic -AWE DPs-Ecodes-Euro fold CF Neidfaktor mirrors-3M+Suntech(whole car)-CR15-Red START button-034 diff carrier inserts-BBS CH-R 10.5x20 et25

IG: GERMANBrew

Veteran Member Four Rings Big Boost's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi S4 VRT,B5 A4Q, Yukon XL

Quote Originally Posted by s vier View Post
    Good to have you back from the brink of a regrettable sale Rob! Iím sure I speak for all of us when I say I want to go for a ride in this thing one day when youíve got her dialed in.
    Shit, when the snow breaks I will give you a ride. You can experience the before and after affect.
    Instagram #bigboost_S4VR6

AZ Member #

Glad to see you persevering. Frustrating is an understatement when dealing with any type of engine failure. I hope it wasn't too costly to get a new rotating assembly sorted. I agree, you would have regretted it. I hope to see you soon.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Official Milwaukee Thread

does anyone know the previous owner of this S4 for sale? Carfax says there was damage reported and although a long shot was hoping the owner or someone who knows them would be on here with some info about the damage/repair or just this car in general before I drive 4hrs to purchase. Also is there another shop in Milwaukee that anyone can recommend for a pre purchase inspection. Thanks!

https://www.milwaukeeaudi.com/used/A...059c6aec4a.htm
    Last edited by MJRM2384; 03-22-2018 at 07:00 AM.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Just joined the B8.5 S4 group yesterday. Looking for a reputable place to paint correct and ceramic coat. Anyone use Fine Detailz in Waukesha?

Thanks,

Ben

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Also, anyone know if the service staff at Audi Milwaukee on Hwy 100 is "mod-friendly"? Initially I wanted to install intake and exhaust, but not if my CPO warranty will be voided. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 s4

Quote Originally Posted by benk777 View Post
    Also, anyone know if the service staff at Audi Milwaukee on Hwy 100 is "mod-friendly"? Initially I wanted to install intake and exhaust, but not if my CPO warranty will be voided. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben
    My buddy is a tech there and he said as long as the mod doesnít have to do with the specific issue then it wonít void the warranty

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by eurojunkjon View Post
    My buddy is a tech there and he said as long as the mod doesnít have to do with the specific issue then it wonít void the warranty
    So I should be safe with an AWE exhaust? What about EPL tune?

Thanks,

Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by benk777 View Post
    Just joined the B8.5 S4 group yesterday. Looking for a reputable place to paint correct and ceramic coat. Anyone use Fine Detailz in Waukesha?
    Welcome, Ben. I don't know those guys. Most of us use Yoosef at CMG detailing for paint correction and any coatings. Great service, great guy.
    https://www.cmgdetailing.com/

EPL is a great option, especially if you want something a little more customizable like E85 files. I'm not sure but I believe Kelly Moss out in Madison was the local EPL flasher.

AZ Member #

I tried reaching out to CMG in the fall multiple times for some minor paint correction and ceramic coating on my Allroad. Despite calling during business hours and leaving messages twice (a week apart) no one returned my call or got back to me. It was enough for me to look elsewhere.

I stopped by Exquisite Auto Spa in West Allis yesterday on the recommendation of a couple VW friends. Great group of guys. They seemed very knowledgeable on the products they use. They will be coating my car within the next few weeks.

AZ Member #

Huh. I don't know where and how you messaged him but he is usually very responsive for me. That said, he has become very popular. I had to book my detail session over a month in advance. Again, he responded to me, back and forth multiple times in a short time frame. Maybe he just happened to be by his computer. <Shrug>

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by PKmode View Post
    Huh. I don't know where and how you messaged him but he is usually very responsive for me. That said, he has become very popular. I had to book my detail session over a month in advance. Again, he responded to me, back and forth multiple times in a short time frame. Maybe he just happened to be by his computer.
    Old fashioned phone calls and voicemail. A lost art apparently.

Established Member Two Rings street2gen's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Anybody willing to do and knows there way around logging a B8s4 for me..?? Just installed dual pulley and flashed epl.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I am in TN and considering the purchase of a 13 S4 manual at Audi North Shore. Does anyone know the car? Does anyone know someone that could inspect the car for me in person?
    Thanks....

Established Member Two Rings Cruxin's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Anyone interested in a meet up and cruise out to LM Cars and Coffee like we did last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2012 A6 3.0T Prestige - Midnight Blue Metallic, Nougat Brown Interior, LED Headlights, Sport Package, B&O Stereo

Page 277 of 277 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277