Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings 1NaudiA4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    98 A4

Intake manifold fabrication video

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Found this video on youtube and it really made me upset. To think that for $625 you could get a fully custom hand fabricated, CNC'd intake manifold. Those Evo guys don't realize how good they have it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Umf2Dl0bfY

Veteran Member Four Rings 317ssayzarc's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 Golf 2004 A4 USP

Re: Intake manifold fabrication video

thats really awesome! and for 625, that shows you the power in numbers... i dont even want to guess the ratio of modded evos to a4's lol...

but a another note, theres no dyno testing on their site so it "must" not work lol

Account Terminated Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 Nazi Sled

Wow. Why don't you look again Jake.

I called JM Fabrication and asked if they do their testing before they put a manifold on the market. I can't remember who I talked to but he said, "of course!" "Whenever we put a product on the market that is that expensive ($625) we always do testing."

Want a dyno?

http://www.jmfabrications.com/catalo...products_id=90

Veteran Member Four Rings 317ssayzarc's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 Golf 2004 A4 USP

very nice, i stand corrected... the difference is that there is a million times more potential for profit in that market... the cost can be spread across many more manifolds... also they are most likely out for money, im not sure, but thats what i would guess

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 Nazi Sled

That is the sole reason that I didn't post my findings. I know their is a much larger market for Evos.

Veteran Member Three Rings 1NaudiA4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    98 A4

there may be a much larger market for the Evos but if their in it for the money then why not make a manifold for us. Considering that a lot of audi owners will pay practically anything because there is such a lack of products. Hence why we would pay $900 for a stock manfold with a larger plenum. How much can it really cost to make the INA manfold... $100 for stock IM, $200 for cast plenum, and $200 in man hours to weld it up. Must to be nice to make a $400 profit per manifold and not even do testing on the damn thing.
    Last edited by 1NaudiA4; 02-06-2008 at 01:31 PM.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 Nazi Sled

Noooooooo!!! There is a lot of research and development that goes into the production of any product, even Issam's. It would really impractical for this company to make a manifold for the B5's because they are already making profit on the DSM scene. My guess is they would loose profit or make little to nothing on a manifold for us. The reason being, out manifolds are actually really good up to a point. That point is when you are BT or BAT. With a setup like that our manifold becomes more of a hindrance than anything. So the market for the manifold drops to a select few. With Mike, Jake, and Issam converting everyone to BT maybe other companies will start to take notice and make another product for us. That would be for a while though.