Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member Two Rings stryker's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    GMC ACADIA

Open sky black out cover

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys and gals i am a A3 owner and would like to know if the majority of Q7 owners have a problem with the transparent type mesh cover for the open sky.

The problem i'm talking about is the mesh letting in too much sun and heat in to the cabin, we all know that audi does not boast the best a/c so i see this as a minor but annoying problem.

I might have a quick fix i'm working on, but would like to see if there is a need for it.

Thanks for your time.
    07 A3,GHL 3'' TB quad tip,Neuspeed turbo discharge,APR II, ECS DB mount, FORGEbov.BBS RGR18'' INNO PIONEER XM,Body by OETTINGER,h&r cup kit.Evoms CAI. Ultimate pedals.S6led's

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Re: Open sky black out cover

I agree with you 100%! Just picked the car up yesterday and noticed it right away. I will be getting some ceramic tint done this coming week for every single window including the windshield. The ceramic tint is nearly transparent, so even I wouldn't notice it.

Registered Member Two Rings stryker's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    GMC ACADIA

Thanks for the response, i wonder why they did not have another option other then the mesh?
    07 A3,GHL 3'' TB quad tip,Neuspeed turbo discharge,APR II, ECS DB mount, FORGEbov.BBS RGR18'' INNO PIONEER XM,Body by OETTINGER,h&r cup kit.Evoms CAI. Ultimate pedals.S6led's

Veteran Member Three Rings Chris from Cali's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Audi RS4, 2007 Audi A3

I limo tinted the roof on our A3 (Open Sky) and it works like a champ. The only time the shades are closed are on super-hot days when the car is left outside.