Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: sell the b5??

Veteran Member Four Rings 4ringAR's Avatar
    AZ Member #

sell the b5??

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    during the time i was gone, i got to drive a manual for the first time(yes, my car is automatic) i really enjoyed it and the idea of selling my car and buy a manual is sounding really appealing.

but im picky, and it would have to be a 1999.5 1.8Tq Avant, manual, sport package, all weather package, audio package, lcd on dash(i dont even know if this came on the 1999.5's*), less than $10,000, and silver.

the other thing is that is love on my 1999.0 having the space for a euro plate on my hatch, so i would swap(and respray) hatches. but if im going to do some painting on the car i would also do painted lowers and a black roof.

oh, and current mods would get transferred over.

all in all, i like the idea of getting the car i REALLY want, but it would be a bit spendy for me and a lot of work. should i snap out of it and just put the suspension on my current b5?

*maybe someone could answer that for me.
    2001 Audi ur-allroad, Frankenturbo'd, 6-Speed Convert: BUILD THREAD

"Forget Tibet, free the left lane."

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Pearl 98.5 Audi A4 1.8T

Re: sell the b5??

Depends on how "in love" with the manual you are. can you see yourself doing it everyday? do you have a lot of stop and go driving in your daily commute? start shopping around and see what pops out at you. If you find the right car at the right price then go for it. I personally have a TIP to, but I want my wife to be able to drive my car if need be. I would love to get a manual but at this juncture in my life its not an option. but then again, If I found the right car and the right price.....who know's
    1998.5 1.8TQT (SOLD)

Joined the Dark Side
    2008 Honda Pilot SE

Veteran Member Four Rings Don Supreme's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A4 2.0T

I have a manual and auto B5.

The auto drives nothing like my manual....

I have a upgraded clutch and drive in terrible traffic everday, but its manual for me all the way.

AZ Member #

most of my driving to school is highway. on the way to school, there are only 4 stopsigns and 2 stoplights, but I drive on 3 different freeways getting there.

and i really did enjoy driving manual, even though what i began to learn on was a mid-80's Honda Civic....with NO power steering, and basically NO power PERIOD. now put the fun I had driving that in a manual into a car that I know and am comfortable in, with more a more powerful engine and power steering, etc., Im sure I would have fun.

edit: everybody loves pictures. what i was learning in:

Veteran Member Four Rings Militant-Grunt's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Mini Cooper S

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=&cardist=1630

Its a 99.0 Though, pre-face lift =/

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=&cardist=2558

Santorin Blue 99.5

The wagons are HARD to find I did a whole nation search for 99's. and yielded only 90 results (in stick)
    --

You're going to have to be patient, I wasnt and I got a Black A4 instead of Pelican Blue like I wanted.
    -MilitantGrunt- Certified Audi Dealership Technician
    -05 R53 Mini Cooper S
    -F30 Estroil Blau 335 Xdrive M Sport 6spd. -Sold
    -Brilliant Red B6 A4 Ultrasport 1.8t Avant 621whp - RIP
    https://www.facebook.com/auditech/

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Militant-Grunt View Post
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=&cardist=1630

Its a 99.0 Though, pre-face lift =/

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=&cardist=2558

Santorin Blue 99.5

The wagons are HARD to find I did a whole nation search for 99's. and yielded only 90 results (in stick)
    --

You're going to have to be patient, I wasnt and I got a Black A4 instead of Pelican Blue like I wanted.
    yea, i know that if im going to do it i have to be patient. im not going to buy one that is "basically" what I want, it will have to be "exactly" what I want:
    99.5 silver 1.8t avant, manual, black interior, sport, bose, cold/all weather package, body in great condition........

Veteran Member Four Rings 20vpower's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1998 A41.8TQMS

if u look long enough it will come, it came to me =D, only thing was i wanted 99.5 but that was only 1 out of many requirements
    Previously: 12vPower
    97 12v fwd CACTUS GREEN (SOLD... thank god)
    98 1.8tqms MELANGE 50 trimd

Registered Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    e46

I wasn't very patient with my search since i sold my jeep before i found a car. I ended up settling on a car that was about 75% of what i wanted. I lack the sport package and a choice color, but in exchange for that, I DID get a k04, 5.0bar fpr, spp fan, 710N, lowered, and an extra set of wheels all for a deal that was far less than i expected for pay for a stock one. I'll take that compromise any day. If need be, I can always get a respray, but this bamboo is a pretty uncommon color so I don't mind.
    B5 - RIP