Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: KO4 soon...

Veteran Member Four Rings Euro-Tuner's Avatar
    AZ Member #

KO4 soon...

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    well, its about time I upgrade my turbo, I should be KO4 by this time next week, I'll keep all updated on the process. Pics, parts list, and costs.

my current mods are:

Engine:
    -APR Snub Mount
    -GIAC software
    -K&N Panel Filter
    -Forge 007 DV
    -N75H valve
    -NGK Plugs

Transmission:
    -Southband Stage III Clutch
    -B&M Short Shifter

Suspension:
    -Neuspeed Race springs
    -Neuspeed sway bars
    -H&R Spacers
    -LL-Tek strut tower

Interior:
    -Stewart Warner Boost Gauge
    -Stewart Warner A/F Gauge
    -Dual pillar pod wrapped in suede
    -Suede shift surround
    -Audmomds interior lights
    -42DD Gauge LED's

Exterior:
    -18" HP Racing Evo's
    -DTM Autohaus CF Boser hood (Returned immediatly)
    -RS4 grill
    -Euro plate
    -Fog light mod
    -Brake light mod
    -CC Mod
    -"Quattro" plate surround
    -Debadged
    -Xenon lights

Soon (really soon):
    -KO4 w/ all the goodies
    -Milltek Exhaust
    -Random Tech. high flow cat
    -Racetec FMIC
    -S4 front & sides
    -Bilstein adjustable struts
    -ported intake manifold

Veteran Member Three Rings iin10ded's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    specialized, waterford, scott

Re: KO4 soon...

sounds like a hellofa whip. what software? keep us posted on progress. it's a pretty straigh4ward swap - i was going to say REPLACE YOUR CAT with a hf, but i see that's on the list.

i did my turbo + exhaust and didn't do the cat. which, of course, blew up a month later. =)

i'm giac and have to say it's still got a hesitataion / stutter / stumble on boost. cant' figure out why but curious to find out other's experience.
    nobody ever listened to me until they didn't know who i was.
    -banksy

Registered Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

needs a pic

Veteran Member Four Rings pipe7284's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    `07 Audi A4 S-Line 6MT Quattro | '01 Audi S4 AVANT 6spd

pics pics pics of the process please once completed. thank you. and good luck. ooh yeah...also post numbers how much power are you expecting to get?
    '01 Audi S4 6spd Black AVANT DAZ E85 Tune Frankenturbo F21s / 034 RS4 inlets / BOSCH EV4 72# injectors / Walbro 450L fuel pump / Daz 89mm maf housing / AFE Intake Cone / SRM SMICs / 034 street density trans and motor mounts / SSAC downpipes / Vibrant catback exhaust / H&R Ultra Low Coilovers / 18x9.5 Rota Grids / 17z Brembo front BBK / 034 Rear BBK / JHM Short shifter / JHM stg 3 clutch / PODI Boost gauge / [/CENTER]

SOLD

AZ Member #

I'll post pics soon, your getting hesitation b/c Im assuming your NDBW, and you dont have a boost flow sensor, I wont get the ;-), Im running GIAC software, gonna go with the hammer file I beleive, gonna talk to my buddy who installs and see what he says is more aggressive, I think its the hammer file...but not 100% sure. getting the turbo new from Kenetic, and everything else should be here soon. Kinda snowy today so i might not gets pics tonight, but who knows, it may look nice...I'll keep you updated...oh and for #'s hoping for 300+ at the cranks after exhaust & FMIC

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Euro-Tuner View Post
    I'll post pics soon, your getting hesitation b/c Im assuming your NDBW, and you dont have a boost flow sensor, I wont get the ;-), Im running GIAC software, gonna go with the hammer file I beleive, gonna talk to my buddy who installs and see what he says is more aggressive, I think its the hammer file...but not 100% sure. getting the turbo new from Kenetic, and everything else should be here soon. Kinda snowy today so i might not gets pics tonight, but who knows, it may look nice...I'll keep you updated...oh and for #'s hoping for 300+ at the cranks after exhaust & FMIC

I heard the hammer files, etc had a hard time reaching past like 250-265 CHP?

Veteran Member Four Rings seank's Avatar
    AZ Member #

yeh i think that 300chp is being pretty hopeful for just a k04

Account Terminated Four Rings mike-2ptzero's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    630AWHP A4, Nissan Titan

Quote Originally Posted by seank View Post
    yeh i think that 300chp is being pretty hopeful for just a k04

Dont think the K04-15 will even get close to that. Not sure why people think they are going to gain 100chp with a K04 vs a chipped K03 when the turbos are basicly the same size.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

i am 98, aeb, ndbw with standard giac file and 5bar fpr. please elaborate - what is a "boost flow sensor"?

-banksy

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by iin10ded View Post
    i am 98, aeb, ndbw with standard giac file and 5bar fpr. please elaborate - what is a "boost flow sensor"?
    It's refered to as a MAP sensor. In short, it reads the boost, if it exceeds the limit it puts the car into limp mode. Only DBW have them.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

right i have an MAF sensor, different than the MAP. i'm confused because it was said that "your getting hesitation b/c Im assuming your NDBW, and you dont have a boost flow sensor"

i have giac software specified for my car [ndbw / maf] so i dont see how adding an MAP would resolve the hesitation issues?

is there a retrofit i'm not aware of?
    -banksy

AZ Member #

I will clarify, with your car, the MAF is "guessing" what the boost is at, and what the fuel ration should be at depending upon how much air is coming in, what you step into in second for example, it will hesitate until it gets an accurate reading, I'll ask my buddy who runs a shop to give me all the terms to clear up everything, I cant spit it out right now...I'll post numbers when the install is done, and then again when I get the racetec and Milltek. at this point I am thinking that I will get the 100 oct performance, stock, and kill programs, hoping for 300 at the crank with the 100 oct. I could be wrong, its not like Ive done this before, I should peak at 23 psi and hold at 20, so we'll see.

AZ Member #

well that took long enough, I finally got my KO4 ordered, I can thank a certain hood company (with a non-JDM name) for the ginormous delay...in the meantime I got a milltek enhaust, and ordered my FMIC, so my supporting mods are in place, and the KO4 should be here soon with the install kit

and I would like to thank Clay, he is increadably patient and a really nice guy...thanks man!!!

AZ Member #

and I'll be going with the J-31 file, I will dyno when I get the front mount on and post up numbers, I'll post pics of the install as well...I've never dyno'd before, so how do I get/estimate my CHP?

AZ Member #

ok, well the KO4 will be here this afternoon, Im gonna try to get it in tonight and get the file for it after work on friday, but chances are Im gonna have to wait till monday, this took way longer than expected, a certain company (that will remain nameless untill later) is giving me the run-around with my money...******s!! I HATE people like that, but I'll update with pics and a 1/4 mile time sometime next week...

and yeah

...I've never dyno'd before, so how do I get/estimate my CHP?

AZ Member #

^^^...whats with the astrics?????

Veteran Member Four Rings TQMB5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 S6

buy myj31 and sell your chip
    ::2002 S6

Veteran Member Four Rings seank's Avatar
    AZ Member #

wheel horsepower is approximately 15-20% lower than crank, not sure on the exact value people us for the a4, someone will probably chime in.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by TQMB5 View Post
    buy myj31 and sell your chip
    how did you tune the file to work w./ injectors? I was under the impression that it is tuned for a 5 bar to run w/ the stock injectors

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    630AWHP A4, Nissan Titan

Quote Originally Posted by seank View Post
    wheel horsepower is approximately 15-20% lower than crank, not sure on the exact value people us for the a4, someone will probably chime in.
    15-18% for fwd manual
    22-25% for quattro manual

AZ Member #

ok, so when I end up dynoing it, I'll just add 25% to the peak HP for BHP...I'll let you guys know, hopefully I'll dyno it sooner than later, but if not, I'll atleast post some 1/4 mile times and slips next week...

Veteran Member Four Rings 1 ate T's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    VW Jetta GT, 01 Eclipse GS

Good luck.

I was thinking if I did J31 it would be around 250HP at the crank... I have the same mods as you (essentially). So I'm thinking for you that's going to be more realistic as well.

Let me know how you like the J31... I'm pretty sure that's what I'll do.
    2000 A4 1.8TQM - Sold

Will be back in an Audi this summer!

Registered Member Three Rings Jereme's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    98 a4 1.8tqm

where you gonna get it dynoed? I know TDC Tunning up in concord has an awd dyno..
    http://www.dirtycustoms.bravehost.com

Custom Magnaflow Exhaust (muffler 14862),Custom 2.75" Test Pipe/Downpipe,Custom CAI,Forge 004,Forge MBC,GIAC chip,Neuspeed Race springs,Ebay short shifter,Drilled and slotted rotors with EBC greenstuff pads,18"ADR M-Sports,Nankang NS-II,Black Depos with 6500k HID kit,Newsouth Performance Gasket, P&P Head, 2.8 Transmission, Southbend Stage 3.

Running Strong with 163k...

AZ Member #

Im gonna go with my buddies up at East Coast European in Greeland, NH. they go to a dyno every so often, so Im gonna make a trip w/ them, Im not sure where it is, but I'll ask and let you know

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 1 ate T View Post
    Good luck.

I was thinking if I did J31 it would be around 250HP at the crank... I have the same mods as you (essentially). So I'm thinking for you that's going to be more realistic as well.

Let me know how you like the J31... I'm pretty sure that's what I'll do.
    I hope its more than that, but your prolly much more realsitc than me, I'll let you know anyways, when are you going ko4?

Registered Member Three Rings Jereme's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    98 a4 1.8tqm

alright cool,def let me know
    http://www.dirtycustoms.bravehost.com

Custom Magnaflow Exhaust (muffler 14862),Custom 2.75" Test Pipe/Downpipe,Custom CAI,Forge 004,Forge MBC,GIAC chip,Neuspeed Race springs,Ebay short shifter,Drilled and slotted rotors with EBC greenstuff pads,18"ADR M-Sports,Nankang NS-II,Black Depos with 6500k HID kit,Newsouth Performance Gasket, P&P Head, 2.8 Transmission, Southbend Stage 3.

Running Strong with 163k...

AZ Member #

well here it is...if I can EVER get my starter out, I can get this project started...

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 S6

how did you tune the file to work w./ injectors? I was under the impression that it is tuned for a 5 bar to run w/ the stock injectors
    no it comes with tt injectors and adj. FPR which i think is set at 3.* you are thinking of of the other k05 chip which i have for sale as well... and both ran excellent.

Veteran Member Four Rings 1 ate T's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    VW Jetta GT, 01 Eclipse GS

I hope its more than that, but your prolly much more realsitc than me, I'll let you know anyways, when are you going ko4?
    I would assume this winter...

Turbo looks good man! Let me know ASAP how the J31 is!
    2000 A4 1.8TQM - Sold

Will be back in an Audi this summer!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    630AWHP A4, Nissan Titan

Quote Originally Posted by TQMB5 View Post
    no it comes with tt injectors and adj. FPR which i think is set at 3.* you are thinking of of the other k05 chip which i have for sale as well... and both ran excellent.
    J31 is also tuned for stock injectors and 5 bar. But plenty of people have found it to actually run better on 180 TT(317cc) injectors and an adjustable fpr. Just have to set it so that you end up with injectors that equal 33.19 lbs

AZ Member #

I have an adjustable, so I guess I'll do my HW and experiment...

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 S6

Quote Originally Posted by mike-2ptzero View Post
    J31 is also tuned for stock injectors and 5 bar. But plenty of people have found it to actually run better on 180 TT(317cc) injectors and an adjustable fpr. Just have to set it so that you end up with injectors that equal 33.19 lbs
    that is what my setup is

AZ Member #

its done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG it so awesome, My car was out of action for weeks cuz I barley had time to do it, so I took this weekend and finished it!!!!

it took so long b/c I fixed my tranny as well, at one point, I had my tranny apart, front end completely off, exhaust sytem half way off, turbo out, exhaust mani out, everything was completely apart, I am so god damn excited right now!!!!!!!! Im getting my software and FPR tomorrow, and the front mount should be here in a little while, just got my comtrol arm kit as well (melei..cant spel it off hand)

pics:

sorry for the quality, I was in a hurry, and I didnt adjust my ISO to compensate for my shakey hands

Registered Member Two Rings blackaudia4tk's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    99.5 a41.8tqm

wow ur brave...piece of wood, jack but no jack stand...oh wait its over there ha safety first man don't be crazy. looks good tho
    a4 1.8tqm
    car sold

Veteran Member Four Rings Kyle H's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    98 A4 1.8tQM

Definitely post up some times when you get it to the strip!

Looks like that thing should be quick.

"Einstein: Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl
    is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. "
    because racecar.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by blackaudia4tk View Post
    wow ur brave...piece of wood, jack but no jack stand...oh wait its over there ha safety first man don't be crazy. looks good tho
    I KNEW someone was going to say something about that, I had jacks under there the whole time untill I let the pass. side down, and then jacked it up to get to something right before that pick....saftey first always, cant enjoy a fast car if you cant drive..

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle H View Post
    Definitely post up some times when you get it to the strip!

Looks like that thing should be quick.
    I will go wed if the weather is good, and I'll post my times