PDA

View Full Version : anyone tune their car with an afc

nizmosx
10-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Has anyone ever installed and tuned an apex super afc on their audi. i used to run one on my s13 and got it dyno tuned. my car made an extra 8hp and 14 pounds of torque to the wheels with one.

Im thinking about getting one when i go bt..

this is the new one just released by them. it will look sexy on my belt line trim.

http://www.apexi-usa.com/news_article.asp?id=15

94jedi
10-19-2006, 11:53 AM
eh, I had one, never got around to installing it because install was such a bitch. honestly not worth the trouble. Take the extra money and get a bigger turbo. Besides, your BT software should be spot on making small tweaks unnecessary. Bigjuice had one then he sold it for CTapp s/w. I did the same thing. Not enough people have installed them to really be helpful when you need help installing. hope that made sense. Bitterchild does have one his car.

mike-2ptzero
10-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Mat from Induktion's tuned his with it, but it only works on a ndbw.

nizmosx
10-19-2006, 12:13 PM
i have a non drive by wire and my reasons for wanting one is simply due to the fact i dont have lemiwinks. i was thinking that this little gadget can take over the same type of functions lemiwinks can do.

any more thoughts opinions.

98a4
10-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Local guy used it on his gt28r setup and the car ran great. Granted not 100% out of the kit, but for what it is, cant hurt.

bitterchild
10-19-2006, 05:06 PM
Paul you're local to moss. Get your in house gt28rs on the car and leave the car with him for a few days.

I'll come back out and do the hardware if you want.