PDA

View Full Version : Since i Fuh'd up my Ecodes.....

AsianA408
10-19-2006, 11:25 AM
i got options... and i dont feel like spending the 4 bills on ecodes again. long story... u can buy my ecodes they are in the classifieds.

anyways.. do the Ebay headlights work? and im gonna F'ing shove my xenon 8ks in these... which ones? remember 1 pc looks better then 2.

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/60000167/Images/3/hpyd-a495-bb.jpg

http://images.andale.com/f2/103/126/18982372/2006/10/13/PROJECTOR_A4_CH_HL.jpg

http://images.andale.com/f2/123/104/13418839/1153764532040_LCLHPA496JMDP.jpg

giorgos_B5c
10-19-2006, 11:38 AM
I prefer the ones in the second picture,they look pretty decent

mike-2ptzero
10-19-2006, 11:54 AM
What is wrong with your E-codes, because I just need lights to replace my broken stock ones?

GraysonF
10-19-2006, 11:58 AM
i vote second ones

audisnapr
10-19-2006, 12:04 PM
generally speaking - all of the ebay lights out there use H1 bulbs, so the housings would need to be hacked up quit a bit to use anything bigger, especially if you plan on using HID/Xenon's. Also, what they don't show you in those pics are the rears of the housing - they are a much poorer quality and design than the factory lights. The only place that I've seen that does decent black housing lights is FK - (they are hard to find). The rear of the housings are very similar in quality and design to factory lights, but even the FK lights use H1 bulbs (BTW - you can do HID bulbs)

<edit> a lot of ppl seem to have a problem with the bulbs for the angel eyes. they tend to have a short life span and are a PITA to continually change.

Gundem
10-19-2006, 12:48 PM
i'd say last one but then again i'm two piece.

e.van
10-19-2006, 01:09 PM
I bought these 2-piece, black ecode cutoff projectors from eBay (link in the thread). $160 shipped, arrived in < 1 week. They don't fog, have decent output, and have a space on the back specifically designed for HID ballasts.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96834

audisnapr
10-19-2006, 01:14 PM
nice e.van - I stand corrected on the HID/Xenon install w/ ebay lights. I'm wondering if that quality/functionality can only be found on the 2-piece versions of the black housing. I've yet to see a 1-piece off of ebay that is HID ready.

SoFresh
10-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Ive had 2 sets of ebay headlights, the angel eyes projector ones.... one had a bulb burn the chrome plastic pieces on the inside, and the other ones all fell apart within 3 months, I would suggest at least going with stock ones if thats an option, like some used cheap OEM ones...

98a4
10-19-2006, 03:40 PM
I was the first person in the US to have those first ones. I love them, fit is awesome, not a leak yet, not a burnt out bulb yet, the level well, they have a great pattern and the halos are blue, not white so they look decent. <3 and Mine were 124$, cant beat that even if they are only temp.

bOOOOstedAudi
10-19-2006, 03:54 PM
i had the ebay light and let me tell you for one they dont use h7 lights and for to the suck alaround. i had to chop mine up to get them to work. i wouldnt try it. i just went with the $400 ecodes

e.van
10-19-2006, 04:51 PM
mine use stock H7 bulbs...

SoFresh
10-19-2006, 06:11 PM
mine fit great, ill give them that, however they went through bulbs like crazy, and the light output pattern in the halo projectors were not bright at all.

BzeB5A4
10-19-2006, 07:50 PM
I'm looking to get some cheap ebay lights too.

What about these ones.... 180041033148 ??
It says they are HID ready. anyone ever try them?

SoFresh
10-19-2006, 07:56 PM
^^^ hey, they seem like a great deal, but im telling you, just save your money and save for some OEM or at least some DEPO brand headlights, Ive went with those cheaper black projector lights from ebay, and they were the biggest headache ever, they fit well and look great, but function horribly and dont last very long. But if you do decide to go that route, at least save your self some headaches and before you install them, put a bead of clear silicone around them first to prevent them from condinsations and filling up with water, Ive learned from experience. I honestly wouldnt even but them if they were only $50, ive been down that road twice now.

lude2euroa4
10-19-2006, 08:03 PM
if you cant afford to get ecodes again, buy stock one peices. ive had 2 peice then went those black ebay lights and now am stock 1 peice cc mod, the ebay ones are terrible pattern is horrible, i had no issues of condesation cuz i sealed them and i had no problems with burning out bulbs, from 2 peice to the black ebays the light output was a lil better the beam pattern looked like a dyno chart it sky rocketed to the right ant a 45 degree angle (not cool) cant upgarde to hid with those and the quality fo them are shitty, i took care of mine and lasted me 3 months till i did straight up trade for 2001 one peices.

your car is classy DONT DO IT!

i love your car dont go ghetto ugly ebay PLEASE!

my 2 cents

AudiLife
10-19-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by e.van
I bought these 2-piece, black ecode cutoff projectors from eBay (link in the thread). $160 shipped, arrived in < 1 week. They don't fog, have decent output, and have a space on the back specifically designed for HID ballasts.

2nd...I bough the same Depo set off ebay like 3 years ago and no leaking/condensation, knock on wood. They are actually for a HID conversion. The housing is a perfect, and I me PERFECT fit for Hella Gen 3 ballast, and if you get Hella Gen 3 ballast off an Audi, all the better as they have seals to fit the knock outs/holes in the Depo housing.
Here is a sugestion, if you down on the beam pattern of the Depo's you can always remove the projector/reflector unit from your broken Ecodes and wsitch them in to the Depo ones. Pending on whats broken on you original Ecodes.