PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Recommendations

svra42.8
10-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Hello everyone.
Im fairly new to this forum and i was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for me regarding my suspension. I would like to lower my 97 a4 2.8, and i have aboult 1000 dollars to put twords it. I was looking at ecs tuning and was thinking of going with a spring and strut combo. I also noticed that they had sleeves that you could add to make a coilover setup. Like i said i have about 1000 dollars saved for it and wouldnt want to do much more than that. I see alot of differnt setups out there and i am looking for a 2in drop to get rid of all my wheel gap. I have about a fist full in between my my tires and fender and i dont want to see any of that. I would appreciate any info. [confused] [confused] i have some old pics that i can show you guys which will give you a better idea

svra42.8
10-16-2006, 05:39 PM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j19/afliction523/DSC00102.jpg

this should give you the idea with rims on it looks like a monster truck i hate it NO MORE WHEEL GAP PLEASE HAHA
o and save the criticism please i will be fixing it

GraysonF
10-16-2006, 07:26 PM
watch out.....your gonna get flamed...

SEARCH

AudiSnawb
10-16-2006, 07:28 PM
if you have 1000, you could get some cheap coilovers or you could get a nice set of spring/shocks... depeneds on how low you want your car, and how you want it to feel. It will look 10000 times better lowered, best mod you can do on an audi. I have H&R Sport suspension on mine to give you an idea

svra42.8
10-16-2006, 07:34 PM
i def. like the look on your car i was thinking about getting the race, the wheel gap is so annoying and i have delt with it forever, the only reason i got rims was i got them from a friend who just bought them and totaled his car so he sold them to me at a price i couldnt pass up, i dont really have to many rought streets around my apartment and i think the ride hight would be right where i want it with the race. what kind of shocks are you using

TheDude
10-16-2006, 10:35 PM
You should also paint your lowers. It makes the car look a lot lower and it makes a world of a difference. It's cheap too if you do it yourself!

TQMB5
10-16-2006, 10:40 PM
yea i just got my coilovers installed tonight and i have painted lowers... ill post up some pics soon

svra42.8
10-17-2006, 05:29 AM
actually i did them about a month ago, i just havent gotten to the sides yet hopefully this weekend, the pic of my car up there is about 5 months old at this point but i have seen alot of a4s with their lowers painted and i think it makes a huge difference.....

Which type of coilovers did u buy?

MR VTEC
10-17-2006, 06:30 AM
there is a suspension thread which can be found via search...

svra42.8
10-17-2006, 09:55 AM
i searched and still didnt get me what i want...today i went to Renn-Art and it looks like i will be doing a set of H&R race with grooved Bilstein Sports. They even checked my friends 1.8t and diagnosed his problems for free. Thanks guys at Renn-Art and everyone who has been so very helpful [:D]

MR VTEC
10-17-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by svra42.8
i searched
Liar (http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28941&highlight=suspension+thread)
Glad that the rennart team was able to help you out... [up] They are making quite a name for themselves... [az][cool][up]

IKE20VA4
10-17-2006, 10:28 AM
I used to have H&R race with the grooved bilsteins and really liked them. But then I decided I wanted easier and more adjustability on height and rebound...so I'm saving for coilovers.

svra42.8
10-17-2006, 02:43 PM
thanks for all the input. I wish i noticed that thread haha....my car is the off road edition too...but not for long

98a4
10-17-2006, 03:08 PM
KW's
I'll die by them. I'm stupid low, Live in CePa, Had them 3 years and 50kmiles, Never cleaned after all winter they move by hand first try, none bent/blown, and my ride is excelent for 23.2" ground to fender.

alen
10-17-2006, 03:23 PM
If you have a grand to spend and can DIY, then def get coilovers. You'll be so much more pleased with their matched spring/strut combo and height adjustability.

For that price you can get a slightly used set of Vogtland or H&R coilovers.

SirDaft1
10-17-2006, 06:01 PM
Those Renn-art guys are awesome. i recommend them too... sorry not jacking your thread.... let me know what you go w/. I'm 2 mins away from you and would love to see what a good combo would look like in person.

svra42.8
10-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by SirDaft1
Those Renn-art guys are awesome. i recommend them too... sorry not jacking your thread.... let me know what you go w/. I'm 2 mins away from you and would love to see what a good combo would look like in person.

def. they did my water pump timing belt and acc. belt for practically half of what the stealership would have cost. also my control arms and diy stuff that i didnt even have them install and did myself was at a steal. Less than online. They have been very helpful since i have owned my a4. I would never think of going anywhere else. Props to them

EuroA4
10-18-2006, 07:16 AM
I recommend the H&R Race/Koni for a nice drop with super tight feel (can be harsh in comparison to sport springs and definately stock)..but you get used to it.

If you are thinking coilovers...I'd say KW or Stasis.

svra42.8
10-18-2006, 07:37 AM
awsome man thanks for the help
[up] [az]

TQMB5
10-18-2006, 07:40 AM
i wish i had a dependable shop that i trusted around here... i feel like everyone is ripping me off around here and no one cares about anything but making money

TQMB5
10-18-2006, 07:40 AM
i wish i had a dependable shop that i trusted around here... i feel like everyone is ripping me off around here and no one cares about anything but making money

BzeB5A4
10-18-2006, 07:44 AM
Hey watsup svra42.8, im in addison, about 15 mins from you.
Yea, i'd like to come check out your setup too. I'm gettin new wheels too and have always been planning springs w/bilstein grooved shocks.
Oh and what size are your wheels?

svra42.8
10-18-2006, 07:55 AM
hey what up BzeB5A4 currently i have my winters on right now since i just did brakes and couldnt justify taking them off again. During summer i use 18x7.5, but i am thinking of going wider come spring,but i fugure ill think about that later on after i tke care of this suspension.

jones3000
10-18-2006, 08:10 AM
I like my setup and the ride is VERY comfortable. Plus it still looks good.

H&R sport springs with bilstein shocks. can't go wrong.

svra42.8
10-18-2006, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by B5Ghost

So far thats what im pretty set on, just hope they dont get backordered, i have to wait till friday to put the order trough since that is when i get my bonus, renn-art called ecs when i was there yesterday and there is only one set left. Hopefully i get a hold of them on time friday so i can get them put on next week hopfully tuesday

jones3000
10-18-2006, 08:42 AM
BTW make sure the shock sleeves are grooved. I bought mine from AWE and they groove them in house.

JTDec17
10-19-2006, 06:48 PM
How about some TEIN BASICS Guys? They're pretty reasonable priced but I don't know many Audis that have them. KONI's are pretty good and well priced. I'm getting Tein basics this saturday I'll see how that works out

BzeB5A4
10-19-2006, 07:44 PM

This is what i'm planning also, but i got a deal on Neuspeed sport springs for only 70$ and i've had them for a few months just tryin to find good deal on grooved shocks....anyways....My question is that i"ve heard that the Nuespeed sport springs are basically the same as H&R sport springs, is this true??

svra42.8
10-20-2006, 09:29 AM
BTW make sure the shock sleeves are grooved. I bought mine from AWE and they groove them in house.

i called renn-art all excited today but no....[:(] ECS no longer has grooved, and even the pricing and options that were on their website 3 days ago all different. So i am thinking im not going to settle for what they have to offer me now, im going to start looking into coilovers[:D]