PDA

View Full Version : what up in Kansas City?

loustylez
10-16-2006, 01:13 PM
picked up my A4 a couple months ago. would like to get involved and meet some people around Kansas City. since i got this car i'm slowly becoming more and more interested in learning more about cars, etc. nothin better than meeting new people with the same interests... you can learn so much.

i'll be starting a little winter project here soon. puttin a car computer in.

i know there's the KC Audi group but i don't see any events coming up soon. next one though, i'd like to try and make it.

anybody who wants to kick it... you know, whatever. just tryin to get out there.

ghstrdr4
10-30-2006, 06:26 AM
Wow, I was beginning to think no one in KC was an audi owner. Let me know whats going on......Where are you at exactly?

loustylez
10-30-2006, 10:08 PM
shawnee off 67th and I-35.

i have 2 friends with A4's. a 97 2.8 and a '00 1.8. 1 i don't talk to that much any more and the other just picked up a G35 and the A4 is going to his brother. his older brother has an s2000 and another friend of mine has a 350z.

point of mentioning this is none of them get on message boards and shit. i went to a Z meet with the one friend a while ago and i liked the scene. it was way more chill and ppl just really liked driving nice cars.

i hung out with some kids a while ago who were more into the tuner street race bullshit and that was lame. but that Z meet made me want to see what up with any audi scene in KC.

ghstrdr4
10-31-2006, 06:17 AM
your not too far from me......I'm off of 7 highway and shawnee mission parkway. I am looking for the same scene. I wasn't sure if anyone was from Kansas. I don't see too many Audi's on the road.

Saint_Anthony
10-31-2006, 09:02 AM
I am in a Dolphin Grey 02 1.8T w/ S4 wheels.

Actually I am closer to Monticello and 47th, but I bet we shop at the same grocery store.

I am going to the Bimmer breakfast on Sat morning so maybe I will see you guys there.

I also have a black twin turbo 300ZX that is my play thing, but that is another forum.

-Anthony

loustylez
10-31-2006, 09:57 AM
anthony: i think you chimed in on my post on the KC Audi yahoo group as well. i plan on making the saturday morning BMW breakfast as well.

ghstrdr: if yur tryin to meet some ppl, come out this saturday morning. info @ http://kc.audiclubna.org.

only audi's i see are around overland park and its usually some older business guy or some lady. i've only really seen 1 B5 that had something done to it. it was black, debadged and all that... looked real clean. and i know some of those highschool kids out in blue valley have A4s, but i haven't seen any that had anything done to them.

so far i'm stock silver with painted lowers (front and back for now), kamei hony comb grille (haven't up'd pics yet) w/ no rings and debadged. i work at the sprint campus so i'm around OP during the day. i get down to lawrence on the weekends - seen a few OOOO out there too.

Event : Breakfast w/ BMW
Event Description : Join our BMW friends for breakfast at Paneras on Shawnee Mission Parkway just west of I-35. People usually begin showing up around 8:30 or so. See you there!
Date : 4 November 2006
Submitted By : Jeff Taggart

ghstrdr4
10-31-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm realatively new to audi. I just bought the A4 and started the mods.

I would love to go to the breakfast but I gotta work. However, I think I will join the KC chapter Audi club. Sounds cool. some of the cars look great.

The onlt thing I've done to mine is debadging and tint. Oh, and installed the clear bra. I've got alot more in mind though.

I'd like to see your A4.

ghstrdr4
10-31-2006, 11:37 AM
Anthony- I bet we do shop at the same place....[:)] [:D]

ghstrdr4
11-02-2006, 09:01 AM
Are you a member of the KC chapter?[drive]

hodan
11-02-2006, 09:39 AM
sorry to threadjack
i just installed my vibrant exhaust, and i've got a stock b5 s4 exhaust, used for 150xxx, if anybody wants it

exhaust is in independence until saturday, at which time it'll be at the dump

dan

ghstrdr4
11-02-2006, 10:11 AM
I wonder if it will work on a B6? Probably not....thanks though.

Saint_Anthony
11-02-2006, 12:39 PM
But he can't make it Sat. LOL

We will have to hook up some other time so here can have a listen. He is trying to decide what exhaust he is going to get.

I am work on the south side (151st and 35) but we can get almost anywhere for lunch.

-Anthony

hodan
11-03-2006, 12:03 AM
The sound is great, it's plenty loud for me.

I drive all over, all the time, you can email me at hodan@yahoo.com

dan

Saint_Anthony
11-03-2006, 08:26 AM
We should catch lunch at Oklahoma Joes (119th & strangline). We normally do lunch around 11:30 there to help avoid lines.

-Anthony

hodan
11-03-2006, 12:01 PM
sound good, i'll check my calendar, maybe one day next week

dan

loustylez
11-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by ghstrdr4
Are you a member of the KC chapter?[drive]
i'll prolly sign up soon. i need to get brakes and control arms done in the next 4k miles and i could use the discount @ BHR.

ghstrdr4
11-07-2006, 06:30 AM
I was gonna sign up too. How was the breakfast on Saturday? I got stuck working......it sucked. I was wanting to see everyones car and really meet some like minded people.[up]

Saint_Anthony
11-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Sadly not a lot of Audi's showed. But the ones that did were pretty cool.

I am thinking with the awsome november weather we should try to do lunch on Wednesday at OK Joe's ( 119th & Strangline). It's supposed to be ~80 degrees. 11:15 will beat most of the crowds so I hope you all can make it. I will be there with my A4 and Jeremiah should be there with his B5 S4.

I will also make a post to the KC Audi board also.

Oklahoma Joe's BBQ
119th & Strangline (Olathe )
Wednesday November 8th 11:15AM

-Anthony

ghstrdr4
11-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Sounds like a good idea......But....I don't work anywhere near Olathe. So I won't be able to make this one.[=(] [headbang]

loustylez
11-07-2006, 10:59 PM
i have court @ 9am in leawood but i'll try to make it out there man. i can't imagine it lasting longer than 11, but i guess that depends on if i get taken out of there in cuffs or not ;)

****ing leawood cop didn't clock me so he gives me a ticket for not coming to a stop at a red light before turning right.

too bad the light turned green before i turned, jackass.

ghstrdr4
11-08-2006, 06:03 AM
That sucks.....hope it all turns out ok.

hodan
11-08-2006, 07:01 AM
I'm a lawyer, feel free to drop me a line, ask for an amendment so it doesn't go on your driving record

dan hobart
816-729-5911

loustylez
11-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by hodan
I'm a lawyer, feel free to drop me a line, ask for an amendment so it doesn't go on your driving record

dan hobart
816-729-5911

too late. i told the prosecutor i want to go to trial. i've given this a lot of thought and money isn't the issue at this point. i'm standing up for what's right and i'm not letting some dickass cop, who apparently changed his story from "failure to come to a complete stop" which is what he told me to (as the prosecutor mentioned) that i was partially out in the intersection.

i have attourneys all over the place except in leawood. maybe i'll see you at lunch today and we can talk.

hodan
11-09-2006, 10:10 AM
I'm not trying to drum up business, principal or not, if it comes down to your word against a cop's, you'll lose. I couldn't make the lunch b/c of court elsewhere.

On the flip side, I recently traded ECU's with a guy, so now I've got APR software, but it seems that my engine's cutting out - anybody have a home programmer & vag?

ghstrdr4
11-11-2006, 05:05 PM
sorry....I don't[headbang]

GTMRS4
11-29-2006, 09:40 AM
I'd like to meet up with you guys. I have a B6 A4 with a K04. I'm out of STL, but my family is in KC

loustylez
11-29-2006, 09:49 AM
the local kc audi club met up at McCoys in westport last night with some bimmer folks in memory of a former local member who passed away in some crazy construction accident where a crane fell on his apartment.

are you coming in town during some specific time or are you saying you're ready to make plans? you can always check the local site calendar to see if there's any upcoming events you'd like to come to:
http://kc.audiclubna.org/

otherwise, let us know your plans i'm sure there will be something coming up soon either way.

this saturday morning i believe there will be another "breakfast with bmw" event - as it's on the 1st saturday of every month i think.