PDA

View Full Version : Some progress

mike-2ptzero
10-15-2006, 02:42 PM
A few shots of the S4 bumper on the car with the FMIC in place. Still have some cutting to do on the bumper.

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/2716bumper_011.jpg

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/2716bumper_010.jpg

Stock hood is bent on the front driverside so it doesn't close all the way. I will be picking up my new CF hood tomorrow and will take more pics once I put it on the car.

SFexBOY
10-15-2006, 02:48 PM
i remember seeing that done on a black S4 on AW. Should be effective in keeping that IC nice & cool!

SirDaft1
10-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Woooooh! Nice grill brother. Finished product is gonna look niiiiiiice.

mike-2ptzero
10-15-2006, 02:53 PM
I had the S4 bumper before but only cut four 3" holes in the lic plate area, this way gives me more flow onto the top of the core plus I took more weight out.

here is my first S4 bumper before the wreck.
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/2716s4bumper_044.jpg

a4cefed
10-15-2006, 03:04 PM
lookin good [up]

NorCal1.8T
10-15-2006, 03:26 PM
that is going to look clean.......a friend of mine and I are actually taking his 00 A4 1.8TQM Stage 2 entire front apart and creating that B7 one piece grill look.....we actually have to order a whole new custom hood jus for it to work.....its going to be crazy looking!

lude2euroa4
10-15-2006, 04:32 PM
rs4 mod b7 style, looks cool...

need to see it painted for the full picture :)

sean1.8t
10-15-2006, 04:36 PM
looks way dope man. way better than the old 4 holed bumper.. keep the pics of the progress coming

MultiAudis
10-15-2006, 05:35 PM
I know it is all for performance, but I think it looks sick as hell too!

SoFresh
10-15-2006, 05:42 PM
I like that, lookin really good, i was just working on my damn bumper today as well, I have the stupid rieger rs4 bumper, and it cracked along the bottom when putting it back on after installing my new fmic, so i just slapped on 3 layers of fiberglass to the inside of it... hope that holds...

mike-2ptzero
10-15-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by high_octaneRS-4
I like that, lookin really good, i was just working on my damn bumper today as well, I have the stupid rieger rs4 bumper, and it cracked along the bottom when putting it back on after installing my new fmic, so i just slapped on 3 layers of fiberglass to the inside of it... hope that holds...

Pretty much what I did to fill in the hole where the center bar used to be. I actually cut part of the bar off leaving 1", covered the end with foil and tape, then filled in the hole with a good amount of cut up fiberglass and resin. I still have to do the same with the washer holes before I have the bumper painted.

SoFresh
10-15-2006, 06:34 PM
^^ really, that was s good idea, I just did the entire back side of my bumper for more reinforcement, dont want it to crack again. Those rieger bumpers are weird and dont really have a good base to mount them to begin with.

jrau13
10-15-2006, 09:21 PM
That's one HUGE IC! Looks sweet though[up]

mike-2ptzero
10-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by jrau13
That's one HUGE IC! Looks sweet though[up]

Thanks, I just hope it is large enough for the amount of air I am pushing out of the GT35R at 32psi. I just haven't had a chance to use it at the track and do some testing to see if it helps with the IAT issue I had with my old core.

fred2ka4
10-15-2006, 10:56 PM
Is that a big fmic I see, or are you just happy to see me?!?![:D] [:D] [:D]

J/K, that fmic looks great, and it will look even better with your new cf hood, and DAMN 32psi of boost!! I have problems with 22lbs, (set @ 20lbs now) I can't wait to someday see that beast in action. Keep up the good work, (as if I had to tell you), and I'll let you know when your trunk is ready.

[up] [up]

mike-2ptzero
10-16-2006, 07:27 AM
Thanks, any chance it might be done this week or next week?

onemoremile
10-16-2006, 08:15 AM
a chemical intercooler would definitely help with the iat issue. your core still has to be large enough to prevent pressure loss but you know that already. i'm surprised you haven't installed a meth/water injection system already. the evo and sti guys both have forums dedicated to it. i've read them both extensively and haven't seen a bad report yet.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/forumdisplay.php?f=173

Eurotuned_A4
10-16-2006, 08:47 AM
nice mike. glad its getting back together. i would miss my car like crazy!!! i bet your scion isnt as fun[:p]

mike-2ptzero
10-16-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by onemoremile
a chemical intercooler would definitely help with the iat issue. your core still has to be large enough to prevent pressure loss but you know that already. i'm surprised you haven't installed a meth/water injection system already. the evo and sti guys both have forums dedicated to it. i've read them both extensively and haven't seen a bad report yet.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/forumdisplay.php?f=173

A few B6 BT owners have tried the WI but have had issues with the setups, they tend to clog up and some have seen rust issues on the IC pipes.

Well the IAT issues were while racing at LACR during 100 deg temps with nearly a 5000 ft adjusted alt pushing 32psi of boost. The IAT's only climbed high during that time and pushing that much boost with my older smaller core, shouldn't be as much of an issue with this one.

BTW NHRA rules keep me from running any type of WI or Air/water setup.

mike-2ptzero
10-16-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Eurotuned_A4
nice mike. glad its getting back together. i would miss my car like crazy!!! i bet your scion isnt as fun[:p]

Actually I drive my Nissan Titan most of the time and is pretty quick for a truck, my guess is that it would come close to taking a chipped A4 in a drag race.

killa
10-16-2006, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by mike-2ptzero
Thanks, I just hope it is large enough for the amount of air I am pushing out of the GT35R at 32psi. I just haven't had a chance to use it at the track and do some testing to see if it helps with the IAT issue I had with my old core.

What core is that? I've huge ebay cores that flowed very poorly and had as much as 6psi pressure drop.

PTE's medium core will support a 35R at full boost, that's the IC i got in my car now and we've had the PTE750 in some low 10sec high 9sec street hondas. The most powerful street vw also uses a PTE750(which is only 10" tall) and puts down over 800whp of a much bigger turbo than that.

mike-2ptzero
10-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by killa
What core is that? I've huge ebay cores that flowed very poorly and had as much as 6psi pressure drop.

PTE's medium core will support a 35R at full boost, that's the IC i got in my car now and we've had the PTE750 in some low 10sec high 9sec street hondas. The most powerful street vw also uses a PTE750(which is only 10" tall) and puts down over 800whp of a much bigger turbo than that.

It is a 24x10.5x3.5 Garrett core and the end tanks were done by Fred at ER. How many of those cars race in 5000 ft adjusted alt and 100+ temps? Racing at sea level is compeletly different then running at high adjusted alt since thinner air heats up at a much quicker rate.

killa
10-16-2006, 09:09 AM
It is a 24x10.5x3.5 Garrett core and the end tanks were done by Fred at ER. How many of those cars race in 5000 ft adjusted alt and 100+ temps? Racing at sea level is compeletly different then running at high adjusted alt since thinner air heats up at a much quicker rate.

Easy tiger, i was just dropping in to help you out with stuff that i've been involved with. Garrett/Spearco/Bell are all good cores. I'm sure that you'll be ok since the 800+whp street VR uses a smaller Core than that that's also a Garrett core (PTE uses Garrett cores).

onemoremile
10-16-2006, 11:06 AM
A few B6 BT owners have tried the WI but have had issues with the setups, they tend to clog up and some have seen rust issues on the IC pipes.

they are doing something wrong. i haven't heard of other folks clogging lines or nozzles.

the rusty aluminum just doesn't make any sense unless they are running mild steel piping and injecting before the throttle body. that is a poor way to run since the water can run down the piping after the throttle is closed. gotta be after the throttle body. with power like yours i would run an individual nozzle in each runner with another spraying the intercooler. too bad about the NHRA rules. what class are you running in?

fred2ka4
10-16-2006, 11:25 AM
Thanks, any chance it might be done this week or next week?

I doubt that, because there are about 4 people in front of you who have already paid and are just waiting. [headbang]

Eurotuned_A4
10-16-2006, 11:59 AM
Actually I drive my Nissan Titan most of the time and is pretty quick for a truck, my guess is that it would come close to taking a chipped A4 in a drag race.

those are nice trucks. my stepdad works at a nissan dealer. he brings them home all the time. Nissan has definately improved the trucks.

sean1.8t
10-16-2006, 01:21 PM
my mike i was wondering if your car has been in any magazines? if it hasn't i would vote to see and article(cover!!!) on eurotuner or something like that of your car once it's up and going, looking all pretty

mike-2ptzero
10-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by sean1.8t
my mike i was wondering if your car has been in any magazines? if it hasn't i would vote to see and article(cover!!!) on eurotuner or something like that of your car once it's up and going, looking all pretty

My car was in the very first Eurotuner back in 2001. It was also in EC for the 1.8t challenge, I am trying to line up a few other mags for after it is fixed.

Originally posted by onemoremile
they are doing something wrong. i haven't heard of other folks clogging lines or nozzles.

the rusty aluminum just doesn't make any sense unless they are running mild steel piping and injecting before the throttle body. that is a poor way to run since the water can run down the piping after the throttle is closed. gotta be after the throttle body. with power like yours i would run an individual nozzle in each runner with another spraying the intercooler. too bad about the NHRA rules. what class are you running in?

Well most of the setups are ment to be sprayed before the throttle body, if you go after the throttle body you have to add another valve so that it doesn't allow the vaccum pressure to suck it out of the line.

For most events I run in "street" class. This means 2 front seats, all windows must roll up/down OEM style, OEM fuel tank and DOT tires.

bitterchild
10-16-2006, 03:35 PM
sorry I missed you at GP mike.