PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had problems installing their DTS?

BranCKY3
10-14-2006, 10:14 PM
I just got my Autospeed DTS bar in the mail last week... I went to install it yesterday before work. Everything came off fine, nothing was stripped, the holes in the tranny threaded perfectly fine. However, with the DTS in place there is like no way in hell those 18mm bolts are going to reach back into the frame. It's a good inch away from where it needs to be threaded in even when I push the bar up.

Is there something I'm doing wrong / I'm retarded, or what else could it be?

Starting
10-15-2006, 04:53 AM
the 18mm bolts on each side hold the subframe up. I beleive you need a jack under the middle in order to install the bar. I can't remember exactly how I did mine at this point.

SFexBOY
10-15-2006, 10:26 AM
are you sure you're using the right screws? I made that mistake when I was installing mine.

BranCKY3
10-15-2006, 10:33 AM
It's kinda hard to use the wrong ones, since you reuse the stock bolts. I didn't know I was supposed to put a jack under the subframe, if it doesn't lower down there will be no problem getting the bolts back in.

SFexBOY
10-15-2006, 11:06 AM
i was using the screws that hold the stock bar in place (i don't believe they're reused), instead of the ones that screw into the actual subframe. I'm just an idiot sometimes though...i'll admit it. lol.

IKE20VA4
10-15-2006, 11:31 AM
hmm...while on topic of DTS's ...are they worth the money?

SFexBOY
10-15-2006, 11:49 AM
i felt more of a difference w/ the APR snub mount to be honest. My expectations were a bit higher for the DTS, but it gets the job done. No complaints here.

sean1.8t
10-15-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by SFexBOY
i felt more of a difference w/ the APR snub mount to be honest. My expectations were a bit higher for the DTS, but it gets the job done. No complaints here.

thats probably because the snub mount took up most of the drivetrain slack and the DTS just took care of what was less.. you would probably say the same thing about the snub mount if you installed the DTS first

hey4
10-15-2006, 05:52 PM
I had the DTS installed before the snub mount and yes I did notice a bigger increase with the snubmont. If I were to do it over again I'd put the DTS further down on the priority list. But def get it to complete the drivertrain.

SFexBOY
10-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by sean1.8t
thats probably because the snub mount took up most of the drivetrain slack and the DTS just took care of what was less.. you would probably say the same thing about the snub mount if you installed the DTS first

absolutely. I'm sure I would've said the same thing if it were reversed. [cool] That snub mount was def the most bang for the buck.

BranCKY3
10-26-2006, 04:14 PM
I finally had time to put it on today, just had to jack up the subframe a little to get the bolts in.

I don't know if it was worth it... I hardly even feel a difference. I didn't pay full price as it was used, but I thought it would make a big difference as people say it does. Bah maybe I'll notice the difference another day.

RyanSA4
10-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by BranCKY3
I finally had time to put it on today, just had to jack up the subframe a little to get the bolts in.

I don't know if it was worth it... I hardly even feel a difference. I didn't pay full price as it was used, but I thought it would make a big difference as people say it does. Bah maybe I'll notice the difference another day.

hmmm, good to hear I guess, was just thinking about ordering one.

BranCKY3
10-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Maybe it helps more if you're driving hard, I don't know. I'll give it a nice launch tonight and find out haha.