PDA

View Full Version : 13sec 1/4 mile



ilsimsli
10-11-2006, 03:45 PM
im looking in to getting an a4 quattro what do they take to get in to the mid to low 13 sec range. yes i have searched ive seen the k04 setups and a couple different bt setups but i want to know whats the cheapest way to get in to the 13 sec range also what hp i would need in an a4 to get there and maybe something that can be upgraded a little to get in the high 12 sec range later on im a diy kinda guy[wrench] ( like to save $$$ lol) so if anyone has some info on that or would like to give insite on there setup it would be greatly apreciated also ive searched and searhed for a stand alone program or diy tuning program for the a4 and havent came up with anything that would be worth it ive seen that you can tune threw a klw2000 but havent seen any programs for it if anyone can help with that it would be apreciated to

thanks

Don Supreme
10-11-2006, 04:40 PM
There are no known freeware or commercial tuning software for consumers. There is lemmiwinks (freeware), but that has limited tuning capability.

If you want low 13 seconds, then skip the ko4. You can run any of the eliminator (they fit in stock turbo location) series (GTRS or GT2871R elim) to get deep into the 13's.... Possibly 12's, but no one has cracked 12.9 on the b5 platform using the elims yet.

BranCKY3
10-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Don Supreme
If you want low 13 seconds, then skip the ko4. You can run any of the eliminator (they fit in stock turbo location) series (GTRS or GT2871R elim) to get deep into the 13's.... Possibly 12's, but no one has cracked 12.9 on the b5 platform using the elims yet.

Watch the forums on Sunday [:D] [:D]

That is, if Michigan doesn't decide to rain.

BJC
10-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Don Supreme
There are no known freeware or commercial tuning software for consumers. There is lemmiwinks (freeware), but that has limited tuning capability.

If you want low 13 seconds, then skip the ko4. You can run any of the eliminator (they fit in stock turbo location) series (GTRS or GT2871R elim) to get deep into the 13's.... Possibly 12's, but no one has cracked 12.9 on the b5 platform using the elims yet.

Cracking 13's fairly easily... (http://eurodyne.ca/Eurodyne-tuned/Alex%2012.5@109.wmv)
This is with a GTRS along with Chris Tapp's software.
This guy ran a 12.7@107 on pump. 12.4@109 on race mix.

BranCKY3
10-11-2006, 05:04 PM
^ Who's car is that?

bellofello
10-11-2006, 05:10 PM
I love the guy in the background, "holy shit is that an Audi?"

I want to be in the low 9's soon, what turbo do you think I should hook up to my 30V? Turbonetics Super thumper T-106? or a twin T-88 set up?

ps- I'm joking [:D], maybe some day after I win the lottery

BranCKY3
10-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by bellofello
I love the guy in the background, "holy shit is that an Audi?"

I want to be in the low 9's soon, what turbo do you think I should hook up to my 30V? Turbonetics Super thumper T-106? or a twin T-88 set up?

ps- I'm joking [:D], maybe some day after I win the lottery

The only 9s youll be seeing is in the 1/8th [:p]

BJC
10-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by BranCKY3
^ Who's car is that?

He lives in Canada. I have talked to him via email, pretty sure he dosnt linger around any of the forums. You can search for him though on cardomain. i think his name is audialex, or something like that.

I will be running that software as soon as i bit the bullet on a clutch/fly kit.

peja
10-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by BJC
He lives in Canada. I have talked to him via email, pretty sure he dosnt linger around any of the forums. You can search for him though on cardomain. i think his name is audialex, or something like that.

I will be running that software as soon as i bit the bullet on a clutch/fly kit.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2435574

TQMB5
10-11-2006, 06:01 PM
dont worry brancky its going to shit on us fri/sat/ but its going to be 55 and sunny on suday... so they say

94jedi
10-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by BJC
Cracking 13's fairly easily... (http://eurodyne.ca/Eurodyne-tuned/Alex%2012.5@109.wmv)
This is with a GTRS along with Chris Tapp's software.
This guy ran a 12.7@107 on pump. 12.4@109 on race mix.

Nice, another Chris Tapp s/w'd car.

I'll be hitting the track this weekend too- hopefully for my first shakedown run on my new setup- t3/t4 50 trim w/ Chris Tapp s/w. [:D]

ilsimsli
10-11-2006, 08:19 PM
thanks for the info i searched for the tapp kit and software and havent found anything anyone have a link also any diy setups

BranCKY3
10-11-2006, 08:43 PM
You can piece your own together... check out www.atpturbo.com they have premade hardware kits for our cars, give it a look.

iowaboostin
10-12-2006, 05:48 AM
Well for us with TIP and not wanting to do a valve job... will the k04 be able to hit mid 13's?

94jedi
10-12-2006, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by iowaboostin
Well for us with TIP and not wanting to do a valve job... will the k04 be able to hit mid 13's?

nope. you need at least a PES T28. I haven't seen or heard of a TIP B5 in the 13's w/ just a k04. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you're gonna need at least a small BT to hit that mark.

iowaboostin
10-12-2006, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by 94jedi
nope. you need at least a PES T28. I haven't seen or heard of a TIP B5 in the 13's w/ just a k04. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you're gonna need at least a small BT to hit that mark.
BOO! Thanks for the input though. Is that a garrett t-28? They're a common upgrade for a 2g eclipse turbo for those who don't want to get a different installation kit. If they're the same inlet/outlet I'll almost gaurantee they're cheaper for DSMs than Audi.. I'll look into it [:)] Is the TIP able to handle the t-28? Reliability > performance pour moi.

94jedi
10-12-2006, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by iowaboostin
BOO! Thanks for the input though. Is that a garrett t-28? They're a common upgrade for a 2g eclipse turbo for those who don't want to get a different installation kit. If they're the same inlet/outlet I'll almost gaurantee they're cheaper for DSMs than Audi.. I'll look into it [:)] Is the TIP able to handle the t-28? Reliability > performance pour moi.

yes it's the same turbo but PES modifies them for use on our cars so it's not an off the shelf t28.

There's a few guys on here w/ the PES t28 kit on a tip car. Blackb5 is one of them I think.

Don Supreme
10-12-2006, 07:56 AM
wow.. Did he really run 12.4 on a gtrs? That really has to be some kind of record.


^^^94jedi ....Did you fix your boost problem?

EDIT: He is running a gt28rs not a gtrs....

killa
10-12-2006, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by bellofello
I love the guy in the background, "holy shit is that an Audi?"

I want to be in the low 9's soon, what turbo do you think I should hook up to my 30V? Turbonetics Super thumper T-106? or a twin T-88 set up?

ps- I'm joking [:D], maybe some day after I win the lottery

GT42RS will get you to the 9's

94jedi
10-12-2006, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Don Supreme
wow.. Did he really run 12.4 on a gtrs? That really has to be some kind of record.


^^^94jedi ....Did you fix your boost problem?

EDIT: He is running a gt28rs not a gtrs....

nope, haven't fixed it yet. I think I need a new WG spring or something. The car will not boost over 15psi. I'm also replacing the DV. I had a similar problem when my car was chipped. it wouldn't boost over 8psi. I switched to the 710N and bam I was hitting the ~16 I was supposed to be. I'm gonna try a few more things but I really thing that it's my WG spring or the whole actuator/arm assembly.

Don Supreme
10-12-2006, 08:32 AM
So what kind of time you plan on running with only 15 psi?

94jedi
10-12-2006, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Don Supreme
So what kind of time you plan on running with only 15 psi?

I think deep 13's wouldn't be out of the question...13.6's...we'll see. The car does hit 20 psi in 3rd sometimes but in first, it only 15 psi. Oh and the problem remains that I can't launch this car for shite.

Don Supreme
10-12-2006, 08:43 AM
Bog? Or you spin the tires?

b00st
10-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by 94jedi
I think deep 13's wouldn't be out of the question...13.6's...we'll see. The car does hit 20 psi in 3rd sometimes but in first, it only 15 psi. Oh and the problem remains that I can't launch this car for shite.

shee-yit....well someone better start practicing. [:p]
after all this time. you better lay down some decent numbers....its been long over due. start timing those streetlights and getting that puppy outta the hole.

bounce those revs a few times to get that turbo spooling and then go WOT pick your rpm you think you should launch your car at and just pop that clutch....that should get you out decent enough. or even if you floor it and pick your RPM and pop the clutch...you gotta get a 1.8 - 1.9 60 ft. nothing spectacular but its not a 2.0+ either. not that you don't know any of this [:D]

BJC
10-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Don Supreme
wow.. Did he really run 12.4 on a gtrs? That really has to be some kind of record.


^^^94jedi ....Did you fix your boost problem?

EDIT: He is running a gt28rs not a gtrs....

Nope, it is a GTRS. He list it as a GT28RS, but it is really an elim.

94jedi
10-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Don Supreme
Bog? Or you spin the tires?

bog...I'll see if I can get a friend to record a few of my launches...disect my technique, or lack there-of.

94jedi
10-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by b00st
shee-yit....well someone better start practicing. [:p]
after all this time. you better lay down some decent numbers....its been long over due. start timing those streetlights and getting that puppy outta the hole.

bounce those revs a few times to get that turbo spooling and then go WOT pick your rpm you think you should launch your car at and just pop that clutch....that should get you out decent enough. or even if you floor it and pick your RPM and pop the clutch...you gotta get a 1.8 - 1.9 60 ft. nothing spectacular but its not a 2.0+ either. not that you don't know any of this [:D]

yea, I know the theory but reading and re-reading it may help it soak in better[;)]

BranCKY3
10-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by 94jedi
bog...I'll see if I can get a friend to record a few of my launches...disect my technique, or lack there-of.

Bounce the revs quickly, WOT on and off as fast as you can and once you get up to ~6kish, hold the pedal down and drop the clutch, if you have the gas held down too long the turbo won't boost since there's no load, and you have to do bounce it quick or else the turbo won't spool up.

Emil@RENN-ART
10-13-2006, 04:47 PM
the gtrs/gt71 with our software should really do 12's.. i already trapped 107 with 93/100oct mix but i'm a bad driver and couldn't launch either.

i need a driver!!

sean1.8t
10-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Emil@RENN-ART
the gtrs/gt71 with our software should really do 12's.. i already trapped 107 with 93/100oct mix but i'm a bad driver and couldn't launch either.

i need a driver!!

yes, and next year i hope to buy it.. i want 12s!!!!

BranCKY3
10-13-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Emil@RENN-ART
the gtrs/gt71 with our software should really do 12's.. i already trapped 107 with 93/100oct mix but i'm a bad driver and couldn't launch either.

i need a driver!!

Just send me a Uni ECU for a day and I'll take it to the track. My chip vs. Unitronic, same car, same day, same track! [:p]

I should have been in 12s last time at the track, if only I didn't miss 2nd boo.

b00st
10-13-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Emil@RENN-ART

i need a driver!!

shee-yit....i'll drive the shit outta your car....no worries. i'll break 12's for ya!

Emil@RENN-ART
10-14-2006, 11:34 AM
let's do it kev!! after we close tonight?

94jedi
10-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Damn, you guys are lucky that you have a track open all the time. I have to wait until tomorrow morning!

GL guys!

94jedi
10-14-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by b00st
shee-yit....i'll drive the shit outta your car....no worries. i'll break 12's for ya!

Kev, make sure you track your car too if you go!

b00st
10-14-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by 94jedi
Kev, make sure you track your car too if you go!


i know...and i'll prolly break something if i do....mainly my clutch since its stock.

at EMIL's got a clutch to back his up with...i have to be nice to mine or it will not play with me. i may see it in my rear view mirror if i really decided to beat the snot outta it.

ECS RS4 Stage 2 clutch will be the mod i do prior to BT....i don't want to have all that power and then i have to wait 1000 miles before i get on it. that is what they call torture.