PDA

View Full Version : Wiring in new Head Unit with Harness HELP!!

SoFresh
10-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Ok, so I bought a new head unit, to replace the bose one that just randomly stopped working, anyways, I have the universal harness that came with my deck, I have this problem, I have the following wires on my new harness, I just need some help plugging them into the stock harness.

New Harness Wires:

-ACC
-BATTERY 15A
-Ground
-Rear Speaker Left (+)
-Rear Speaker Left (-)
-Rear Speaker Right (+)
-Rear Speaker Right (-)
-Front Speaker Left (+)
-Front Speaker Left (-)
-Front Speaker Right (+)
-Front Speaker Right (-)

Now heres the tricky part, where do those wires go into the existing harnesses... heres the harness diagram that was found on top of my stock bose stereo....
THIS IS THE CONCERT STEREO if that matters:
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/pics/elec120-symphony_pin_layout.jpg

-LF(-)
-LF(+)
-RF(-)
-RF(+)
-AF-R
-ACC
-DO
-REMO
-CLK
-RF
-RR
-S-GND
-CLK
-DATA
-(logo of wire on a switch thing)
-COM.
-AF-L
-U.+
-DI
-ENA
-LF
-LR

Now those are on the sticker diagram on top of the concert bose stereo... My question is, can anyone match up which ones I need to run the new harness wires too, thanks.

SoFresh
10-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Anyone.... if I were to buy one of those AUDI A4 WIRING HARNESSES OFF EBAY, would that make it plug'n play or is there anything else I would need to do? I have the stock speakers in the rear if that matters...?

Troyboy
10-10-2006, 01:04 PM
the harness is the way to go, but i lost my rears cause i could not find a harness that would bypass the amp that are built into the rear speakers,. i have a 2000 a4. u will also need an antenna adaptor.. u can always run wire from the rear speakers to the front. i have a 4 channel amp running all the door speakers so its not an issue for me. good luck

SoFresh
10-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Nevermind, I just ran everything, such as Power, ACC and ground over to the fuse box.... works just fine, now I just need to run new wiring to the rear speakers to bypass the amp.