PDA

View Full Version : supercharge sound :-\



AHB900
10-08-2006, 10:03 PM
Hey guys i remember reading somewhere around here before the site crashed about what it means when ur turbo sounds like a supercharger.... i was dirving around when i get into 2nd gear nad third and gun it i can hear my turbo screaming like a supercharger its not that loud but u can definatly hear it its been doin it for a month or so now.... what does this mean is my turbo bout to blow?


thanks

AudiA4_20T
10-08-2006, 10:05 PM
Well yea it would sound more like a dentist drill but if it does thats bad news

SoFresh
10-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Mu buddy bought a throttle body spacer for his chevy truck, and it gave it the whinny sound like a supercharger, sounded really sweet with his exhaust, I have not yet been able to locate a company who makes a throttle body spacer for the 1.8T audi, if anyone has one or knows where to buy one, let me know.

BranCKY3
10-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Post a soundclip of it. If it's blown, good news! Now you can get a BT [:p]

Neo1130
10-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by high_octaneRS-4
Mu buddy bought a throttle body spacer for his chevy truck, and it gave it the whinny sound like a supercharger, sounded really sweet with his exhaust, I have not yet been able to locate a company who makes a throttle body spacer for the 1.8T audi, if anyone has one or knows where to buy one, let me know.

Any reason you would need a TB spacer for our cars? I don't really think it would be needed...

AHB900
10-08-2006, 10:17 PM
yeh it would be good news if i was quatrro i cant really do much with this crappy fwd lol bt would be to much power and k04 is out of the question cause im running neuspeed software right now and if i go k04 ima have to spend 800 bucks on software :-\ so yeh nothings speical here... im curious if my turbo happens to blow will there be any danger to my engine its self?

SoFresh
10-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Neo1130
Any reason you would need a TB spacer for our cars? I don't really think it would be needed...

No, no reason, I believe that TB spacers are to make the air circulate (thus the sound that whoever posted this wanted).

Neo1130
10-08-2006, 10:57 PM
I thought they were for adding velocity to the intake... Since we are turbo'd I don't think it will help at all...

ActiveMonkey
10-09-2006, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by high_octaneRS-4
I have not yet been able to locate a company who makes a throttle body spacer for the 1.8T audi, if anyone has one or knows where to buy one, let me know.

Maybe a couple of these...

ESC Tuning Throttle Body Gasket ES#2547 (http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/images/product/iadmin/1935_x600.jpg)
http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/images/product/iadmin/1935_x600.jpg

mike-2ptzero
10-09-2006, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by ActiveMonkey
Maybe a couple of these...

ESC Tuning Throttle Body Gasket ES#2547 (http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/images/product/iadmin/1935_x600.jpg)
http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/images/product/iadmin/1935_x600.jpg



LOL, that wouldn't be the same since the TB spacers for the NA cars have what looks like a big thread on the inside where the air passes thru it, this causes the air that is being sucked thru the intake to swirl up like if there was a turbo/SC on the other end or one of those tornado products at the air filter.

ActiveMonkey
10-09-2006, 08:10 AM
OMG Just saw this... It will add 1 psi... lol

http://i7.ebayimg.com/04/i/08/81/a8/fe_1_b.JPG

Ebay Item # 180036366495

Electric Supercharger... (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUDI-electric-supercharger-turbo-kiT-A4-A6-A8-54-56-CAB_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33741QQihZ008QQitem Z180036366495QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ebayphotohost ing)

SoFresh
10-09-2006, 01:12 PM
^^^ haha, I was just joking guys, I know theyre for NA cars, I was jsut saying, that TB spacers made the sound of a supercharger, lol

matt719
10-09-2006, 01:49 PM
my car has been making that sound for a year and it's still boosting like a champ with the APR chip.