PDA

View Full Version : Passing Inspection With Test Pipe

GraysonF
10-08-2006, 03:25 PM
i dont want to go through the process of putting my stock cat back on to pass emissions, so i got to thinking about unplugging the battery. (to clear the CEL) i figure if i unplug it for about 20-30 minutes in a parking lot beside the inspection place, drive right over and have them check it, i figure it might pass because of no CEL. if i wait too long the CEL will come, so ill have to be quick. think it will work?

LateraLex
10-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Maybe... why not do the anti-fouler trick and have no CEL at all?

GraysonF
10-08-2006, 03:51 PM
cause im an idiot and as much as i look at the DIY, i cant seem to figure it out. it cant really be as hard as it seems though can it. i guess ill look/try harder to figure it out.

94jedi
10-08-2006, 04:03 PM
just drive up, clear the CEL w/ vagcom and it should take about 3 key cycles to come back.

GraysonF
10-08-2006, 04:18 PM
dont have a vagcom...im a bum. i cant find the fouler mod writeup anywhere?!?!?! any suggestions or links?

sean1.8t
10-08-2006, 04:41 PM
for the antifouler mod don't you just get two antifoulers. drill out one of them so the o2 censor can fit, screw them both together, screw the o2 censor into that and then screw the whole setup into the bottem o2 censor port? maybe in a different order but that's basically it isn't it?

i hope so cause my testpipe gets here this week and i already bought the antifoulers

sean1.8t
10-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by gfanellia4
dont have a vagcom...im a bum. i cant find the fouler mod writeup anywhere?!?!?! any suggestions or links?

haha, you have a ko4 setup with an expensive downpipe and you're a bum? i mean it's only $150 and it's one of the best things i've gotten for my car.. you make your money back in less than three trips to the STEALership

RAyala2.7T
10-08-2006, 05:01 PM
don't think you can just clear the code and get away with it. once you clear any code, your readiness codes reset and your car has to learn everything again. the rep will hook your car up to the computer and if you have more than one readiness code not set, the rep will not inspect your car. you have to wait until all the readiness codes have been set then take your car back but by then you're CEL would be back on.

GraysonF
10-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by RAyala1.8T
don't think you can just clear the code and get away with it. once you clear any code, your readiness codes reset and your car has to learn everything again. the rep will hook your car up to the computer and if you have more than one readiness code not set, the rep will not inspect your car. you have to wait until all the readiness codes have been set then take your car back but by then you're CEL would be back on.

GOOD information, thanks for the help.

94jedi
10-08-2006, 07:04 PM
it depends on the type of test they do. some places(counties) don't hook up the car to a computer.

SeanF
10-08-2006, 07:07 PM
here, you have to pass the readiness tests... if you fail even one of them you fail emissions...

tontod
10-08-2006, 09:27 PM
I'm curious, in MA, even with the anti-fouler mod and no CEL, would I be able to pass emissions with a testpipe?

audimanj
10-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Thank god I live in FL where we dont have Emissions!!! I would try all ways before having to pull out your testpipe. test out how long it takes for your CEL to come on and use that when planning on going into emissions. GOOD LUCK!

BranCKY3
10-08-2006, 10:13 PM
You can check readiness on a vagcom too, it lists like 8 tests and says pass or fail. I only pass 3 of them [:(]

Euro
10-08-2006, 10:57 PM

Yeah.. Hes right.

they will make you drive around for 20min or so and then come back.

r0n
10-08-2006, 11:35 PM
Here u go .....http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1366095&page=1

GraysonF
10-09-2006, 07:36 PM
thanks a bunch

B5Beast
10-10-2006, 09:48 AM
What part of NC? I'm in Raleigh and am going to have to go through the same thing.

Ado
10-10-2006, 11:12 AM
^^^^^^ hey guys did that really work? do you still like pull a cal at all? i'm really intrested in it.

RAyala2.7T
10-10-2006, 03:40 PM
there is a thread on AW about the antifouler mod. it mainly works on AEB's but DBW cars are still getting a code with or without a CEL. it has a nice breakdown of what antifouler combos work best.