PDA

View Full Version : Stealth Bulbs

GraysonF
10-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Did the CC mod months ago, but have been too lazy to look into stealth bulbs. did some searching and found that i could i could either buy stealth bulbs or paint the bulbs i have now. any suggestions? what looks better and performs better? what paint should i used on the bulbs, and will the paint melt and burn and eff up my headlights? where would i buy stealth bulbs because i know that my local autozone doesnt have them. thanks guys.

agentsmith988
10-08-2006, 09:45 AM
personally i wouldnt paint them...ive heard of bad things happening to the bulbs and housings...just pay the 10 or 15 to get the silverstar bulbs

SeanF
10-08-2006, 10:12 AM
i have sylvania silverstars in the corners, they look blue, but flash amber... i have ecodes though, so they may look different without the shroud around them.

they just dropped in price at advanced from 20$ to 10 [up]

Mawhitey
10-08-2006, 10:19 AM
^^ Get those ^^ Don't paint them, painted ones look awful, perform worse, for the sake of a few $. I have silverstars in my One piece lamps and they are well worth the cash IMHO

GraysonF
10-08-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by SeanF
i have sylvania silverstars in the corners, they look blue, but flash amber... i have ecodes though, so they may look different without the shroud around them.

they just dropped in price at advanced from 20$ to 10 [up]

did you have to special order them through autozone? i went the other day, and only found ugly oem amber ones....

.:AJ:.
10-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Mawhitey
[BDon't paint them, they look awful, perform worse, for the sake of a few $. [/B]
werd, i wouldn't paint them just to save a few $. if you buy the stealth bulbs you can always have the stock yellow ones for backups or if you want to return to stock

i bought my stealth bubls from stealthauto.com, they look and work great!

SoFresh
10-08-2006, 05:50 PM
^^^ stealthauto.com is a little expensive for the turn signals, $29... kinda steep, can find them cheaper other places. use froogle.com

SeanF
10-08-2006, 06:17 PM
nope, just took my old bulbs in there and matched them up...

$10

GraysonF
10-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by SeanF
nope, just took my old bulbs in there and matched them up...

$10

remember the part number of the silverstars? a4's need something like 2437A, and they have 3437A that looked similar, ill just wing it sometime. thanks.

ElSabio182
10-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Mawhitey
^^ Get those ^^ Don't paint them, they look awful, perform worse, for the sake of a few $. I have them in my One piece lamps and they are well worht the cash IMHO

I painted mine, and the look fine. Just one or two thin coats of silver high-temp enamel.

jrau13
10-09-2006, 04:14 AM
Painting light bulbs?? Maybe Im new but i've never heard of that. Is that even safe? ^ I guess its not that bad.