10-08-2006, 07:26 AM
looks good.

How does the car feel?

marcini
10-08-2006, 08:17 AM
looks freaking great if it's all legit

audisnapr
10-08-2006, 09:31 AM
what kind of intake are you ruuning? Isn't the g/s' a bit on the low side? nothing major, but I would think you should be up in the 230's or so.

marcini
10-08-2006, 09:45 AM
that all depends if atp rescales the maf sensor signal, it they dont then installing stock maf element in 3" maf housing would give you little lower #'s, he's advacing 18* of timing at 6500rpm and pulling almost none, so that's pretty hot, I like that, lol.

audisnapr
10-08-2006, 09:49 AM
nAUDI, how do you like your Innovate? I have one sitting in my work shop waiting to be installed. I've already pre-wired everything, just need to get that bung welded on and find a way to get from inside the cabin down to the downpipe - was thinking of going through the shifter area - how'd you get down there - go through the firewall?

marcini
10-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by audisnapr
nAUDI, how do you like your Innovate? I have one sitting in my work shop waiting to be installed. I've already pre-wired everything, just need to get that bung welded on and find a way to get from inside the cabin down to the downpipe - was thinking of going through the shifter area - how'd you get down there - go through the firewall?

through the ECU box

audisnapr
10-08-2006, 10:18 AM
hmm... was trying to avoid that - was hoping to go straight through the shifter area. I remember when I swapped to the UUC short shifter that I could see the ground once everything was removed. This option of course is a lot more work, but seems to make more sense being that the downpipe is pretty much directly below the shifter. As is is I have so many other things going through the ECU box, it's getting a bit crowded.

BranCKY3
10-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Why only 16psi?

SeanF
10-08-2006, 10:59 AM
thats probably the main reason hes not pulling much timing...

nAUDI
10-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Don Supreme
looks good.

How does the car feel?

Car feels good, torque doesnt come in the way a k03 does. Its more of a gradual increase after boost kicks in, but it pulls all the way to 7k. On the streets I find myself out of boost range most of the time. I gotta learn to downshift.

nAUDI
10-08-2006, 02:36 PM
what kind of intake are you ruuning? Isn't the g/s' a bit on the low side? nothing major, but I would think you should be up in the 230's or so.

ATP 3in inlet -> ATP 3in MAF housing -> 3in Filter. Using the stock sensor.
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/kingz/intake.jpg

nAUDI
10-08-2006, 02:44 PM

My innovate setup is completely temporary. I dont have a bung welded anywhere. I use an exhaust clamp at the tailpipe and an inductive clamp to get RPM. The main downfall with the LM1 is that you need that box to always be connected since it powers the sensor heater. I wasnt going to mount that thing in my car; its ugly. Also this way I dont have to run the wideband all the time. The stock narrowband sensors do a decent job, so I'll be using that to monitor AFR most of the time, and use the wideband when I need more accuracy.

BoostFrenzy
10-08-2006, 02:47 PM
nice afr/timing curve, looks like a good tune with no pings, i surely can't get away with running that lean on 93 with the suby!

what kind of horsepower does that make? I flow 290-300g/s with a stock maf so i'm not sure how it correlates to your enlarged 3" maf in terms of airflow, spools kinda late IMO but not much displacement :P

edit: n/m it was heating up in the last pull, time to add in some fuel up top to promote consistantcy :)

nAUDI
10-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by BranCKY3
Why only 16psi?

A couple reasons:
-I didnt know how the Mika software would react, so i wanted to keep boost low and check everything to make sure I'm ok.
-I'm in stock clutch.

audiluver
10-08-2006, 02:58 PM
I was under the impression you were supposed to run the stock maf housing with the mika software. Is yours calibrated differently? or did you mess with fp?

nAUDI
10-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by BoostFrenzy
what kind of horsepower does that make? I flow 290-300g/s with a stock maf so i'm not sure how it correlates to your enlarged 3" maf in terms of airflow, spools kinda late IMO but not much displacement :P

edit: n/m it was heating up in the last pull, time to add in some fuel up top to promote consistantcy :)

my estimate at 16psi is I'm making roughly 200-215wtq, so ~225-240whp

Not like having a 2.5L to play with, but I'm sure I would give a stock STi a good run[race][a4][:D]

BranCKY3
10-08-2006, 07:23 PM

He's only running 16psi. I'm sure once he raises that the g/s will increase. Also it depends how the software is written, some rescale the MAF readings, some don't. I get a max of ~185g/s since mine isn't rescaled.

BranCKY3
10-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by nAUDI
A couple reasons:
-I didnt know how the Mika software would react, so i wanted to keep boost low and check everything to make sure I'm ok.
-I'm in stock clutch.

Bah, stock clutch sucks. I ran 18psi on mine (same turbo as you), it lasted for a few weeks. When you're ready to buy a new clutch make sure you launch on the stock one a few times to say goodbye [:D]