PDA

View Full Version : How hard do you push your audi?

a4sleepa
10-07-2006, 06:53 PM
I was doing 110 the other day after finally getting my audi back from the shop and it dawned on me how hard I push my car. I mean its like everyday. Sometimes just to hear the snailshell spool I jump on the throttle. It seems like my baby loves to be abused though. I am the only one with this problem? I just cant seem to take it easy on her. And i'm really not one of those 'lead foot" drivers either. But it was like as soon as I bought this car my foot feels like it weighs 300 lbs as soon as it touches the gas. I think I'll call it abusive 1.8t ownership syndrom. Do you have "A1.8tos"???

[a4]

Mad_Audi
10-07-2006, 07:05 PM
i take mine to redline everyday =)

110!? thats it? keep on goin man lol

Neo1130
10-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Mad_Audi

turbow8
10-07-2006, 07:21 PM
drive it like its stolen, and 3rd /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ these guys

agentsmith988
10-07-2006, 07:45 PM
redline, it does the body good

loustylez
10-07-2006, 08:18 PM
3-5k is where i'm usually at. then again my style is leaned back (not thuggish, just comfortable) and smooth. i drive like i'm racing minus the speed. everything as smooth as possible.

think asian philosophy. do everything the best you can do it, no matter how large or small of a task it is.

in other news, i let my friend play rabit today in his G35 coming back on a 30 mi n drive today going average 90-110 because he's got a radar detector. fun stuff. love love love love love my car.

lilegbeaner16
10-07-2006, 08:22 PM
ive dont 135 on my way to work, its def a rush

Don Supreme
10-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Mad_Audi

110!? thats it? keep on goin man lol

You need a BT to make better use of the redline.....

BranCKY3
10-07-2006, 08:50 PM
BT + 5th gear on the highway is awesome. Once you hit 70 it just won't stop pulling.

Kyle H
10-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Haha, I stare at my temp guage in the morning waiting for my car to be warmed up so I can push it hard.

I don't abuse it... I just make sure I'm through intersections and turns quickly and efficiently. :)

mike-2ptzero
10-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Push mine to 8500 rpms at 32psi, it is too much for 1st-2nd gear on the street and really have to level off after 3rd gear since it takes me to nearly 115-118 mph as it is. But doing a nice 4th gear pull is a real rush since it takes me to 145 mph, I wouldn't even want to try taking 5th gear to 8k.

GraysonF
10-07-2006, 09:03 PM
i wouldnt considder your car an a4 though mike. i like to think of it more as an audi aBeast

bellofello
10-07-2006, 09:12 PM
I've been thinking the same thing lately. "damn I push my car pertty hard". Then I say to myself I'm going to take it easy today. Then I get on the on ramp and I need it. I'm addicted to the car, the feel, the sound. Audi is selling.... a better version of cocaine?

sean1.8t
10-07-2006, 09:16 PM
i usually keep it under 3000rpm for the most part.. just because you can drive fast doesn't mean you have to. you just look stupid most of the time like a kid in a honda hatchback.

but i do love to get on it ever so often

bellofello
10-07-2006, 09:34 PM
I'ts not about just driving fast. It's like the car is peer pressuring you! I don't even really speed, I'll just accelerate like a bat outa hell to just over the speed limit, then tone it down.

ScottyB 1.8T
10-07-2006, 09:40 PM
i'm pretty tame for the most part. usually shifting under 3k, no launches, just going to/from my destination....

but there are those situations where you just can't hold back. off/on ramps, any road with some good turns and terrain, or anytime i get to a stretch of highway where it's concrete tight on each side and i know there is no chance of radar. i just can't hold back, i go from subdued and lazy to Shumacher-style [:p] sometimes the urge just bites me...i suddenly find myself critiqueing my heel/toe downshifting, hitting apexes, handling balance.

then i get home, and think back about my drive and realize that every day i find a situation where i push the car close to its limits in one way or another. she takes it like a champ!

AudiSport12
10-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by bellofello
I've been thinking the same thing lately. "damn I push my car pertty hard". Then I say to myself I'm going to take it easy today. Then I get on the on ramp and I need it. I'm addicted to the car, the feel, the sound. Audi is selling.... a better version of cocaine?

^^^^ agreed X 2544765897

Neo1130
10-07-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by sean1.8t
i usually keep it under 3000rpm for the most part.. just because you can drive fast doesn't mean you have to. you just look stupid most of the time like a kid in a honda hatchback.

Yeah but at least we have enough power to pull our own weight and we sound better doing it!!

DRA4
10-07-2006, 10:46 PM
I did 140mph one time in dirty jersey. I need to take it easy on the squat in the gym.

loustylez
10-07-2006, 10:49 PM
i just try not to eat through gas if i don't have to. gas has come down, but it's still expensive if you suck it down and drive around a lot. i don't have a whole lot of time before i have to replace my breaks so i'd rather not eat through these. although, if i replace them with much better ones, i'll definately have to use them.

i can't wait till after winter when i the weather will be nice again and i won't have to pay on any more loans. i'm dumping everything i have into my car after that till it's done ;)

fred2ka4
10-07-2006, 11:33 PM
oops

fred2ka4
10-07-2006, 11:33 PM
oops again

fred2ka4
10-07-2006, 11:35 PM
I pushed it hard enough to do this ....

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j91/fred2ka4/Audiclutch004.jpg

and then this ....

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j91/fred2ka4/picturegroup1057.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j91/fred2ka4/picturegroup1029.jpg

But in my opinion these cars are meant to be driven hard .... [drive] .... and then repaired .... [wrench] [:D]

a4cefed
10-07-2006, 11:37 PM
some times i feel like i should'nt drive my car the way i do.

I drive the car hard all the time :)

k0mpresd
10-08-2006, 12:02 AM
i cant drive it hard..my car is slow [:(]

Euro
10-08-2006, 12:30 AM

False...

We/ you don't and shouldn't look like some ricer in a honda hatchback because we drive Audis... and It looks badass when we drive fast [:D]

back on topic -
I drive fast, mostly in bursts and Highway driving.
*too conscious of life after I crashed. [:(]

Ray Khan
10-08-2006, 04:24 AM
for some reason I've been driving it harder lately. The colder weather is nice.

mike-2ptzero
10-08-2006, 05:14 AM
Well we have a saying at the track

"drive it HARD or go HOME. [:D] [drive]

Audiman78
10-08-2006, 06:05 AM
My car everytime i run it hard i think it laughs at me! I get the tires squeeling around a turn and its like "HAHAHA is that all you got?" I LOVE AUDI'S. As with anything though if you take care of it, it will last forever!

Chris

LateraLex
10-08-2006, 06:50 AM
I'm convinced it likes to be driven hard.

snoop
10-08-2006, 06:53 AM
i only do 4 miles each way to work, so its out of boost and not over 3k during the week, but the weekend it gets boost everywhere!

a4sleepa
10-08-2006, 08:56 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Euro
[B]False...

We/ you don't and shouldn't look like some ricer in a honda hatchback because we drive Audis... and It looks badass when we drive fast [:D]

Way to speak the truth man....I remember when I was driving my civic and an audi or a bmw would blow past me....it is badass

loustylez
10-08-2006, 08:58 AM
not sure what the age demographic is here, but i like the fact that people probably don't assume there's a 23 year old in that car when it flies by them on the freeway. some riced out honda on the other hand, you automatically assume it's some highschool kid.

a4sleepa
10-08-2006, 09:11 AM
I've always felt the same way....Even though its not a friggin Bentley, theres still a "my cars better than yours" feeling I get when I blow past a honda and they give me "the hater stare"
when they see that I'm not some 40yr old going through a mid-life crisis. They wont even try to race....they dont want none

loustylez
10-08-2006, 09:14 AM
oh, and the best thing ever is when you come up on another car that automatically gets your respect and you start rabbitting off each other. you know, people that like to drive with other nice cars because it's yur own personal little gumball for 5 minutes till you take a different exit, but it's only cool when they know what's up too and yur both cruisin at 80+

onemoremile
10-08-2006, 09:17 AM
this thread is timely considering how many B5s have been wadded up recently.

lets all drive harder so we can have more posts about tearing off a front corner!

on the street i drive carefully and with consideration. on the track i drive in a fluid but calculated manner with the intention of filling corvette's rear view mirrors around corners.

Meddie600RR
10-08-2006, 09:22 AM
I only push hard when Im out for a long drive and I have time to Warmup and Cool down my engine. Then I usually get the back end to swing out taking slow right turns...Fun.

a4sleepa
10-08-2006, 09:22 AM
I never said i drive like a jackass....You can drive quick withought being a "freeway lane weaving, cutting people off honda boy"

[a4]

loustylez
10-08-2006, 01:26 PM
honestly though, usually i'm chiefin so i keep it around the speed limit and keep it smooth.

kelticslob
10-08-2006, 01:35 PM
I don't really push it. 3000rpm max until its warm, then rarely do I break 5000. I've Auto-x'ed once and drag raced a couple times, but that's it.

Owned the car for a year now and not one check engine light, so I think I'll keep doing what I'm doing : ).

8E1POINT8
10-08-2006, 04:14 PM
It seems like anytime I say "im gonna just right lane it and take it easy" is when dudes fly up next to me trying to race. Word up on loustyles. Tints and slow roll = no probs.

a4sleepa
10-08-2006, 04:33 PM
chiefin??

ICEBIRGSLIM
10-08-2006, 04:46 PM
136 is as far as i've taken it but every once in a while i'll bring it up to 120 or so just to open it up......ironic i've been saying to myself recently how i've been drivin a lil hard but the friggin car seems like it can take it and it has....go audi[a4]

sean1.8t
10-08-2006, 04:50 PM

no, i wasn't saying that we look stupid because of the cars we drive. i know that our cars kick ass. IMO they are the sickest rides on the road (B5 platform in general).. but it's just the Vtech boys around here are stupid because all they do is try to race everyone. i like to just be chill and confident that my car is fast (still slow for now cause im only stg1+) without having to prove it..

but i know once i go BT i wont be able to control myself

SoFresh
10-08-2006, 06:14 PM
I used to always rip around in my civic only cause it was a 1.8L with a stage 3 turbo setup, AEM managed, and professionally tuned, it was fun because you would get guys in mustangs and corvettes wanting to race... haha, i bet they were never as emarrased as they were when they were beat by a kid in a civic, lol

SoFresh
10-08-2006, 06:16 PM
^^^P.S. my civic would of killed my 03 WRX, and my A4, with no problems, used to beat EVOs and STis (except in accelerating off the line) but rolling on the freeway at 3am.... yup

loustylez
10-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by a4sleepa
chiefin??

for some reason i cough a lot when i get in to my car. shucks. [:D]

yemntftb
10-08-2006, 06:58 PM
I don't really drive mine that hard - usually shifting around 3k rpm...trying to save gas, always highest gear possible.

Usually half throttle too, but there are the times (when I'm getting on the highway) or passing someone on a 2 lane road that I really let it rip... Never redlined her, Im trying to keep the hurt to a minimum, i guess i'm not that aggressive until I have to be..

ExpLlclT
10-08-2006, 07:28 PM
40 mph around 90 degree turns staying within the lines on the pavement ...

maxspeed
10-08-2006, 07:48 PM
i beat the shit out of my car on a daily basis and she loves it...

BING
10-08-2006, 07:53 PM
But in my opinion these cars are meant to be driven hard .... .... and then repaired ....

This is why my engine is on a stand right now and goin back in at beginning of next week......Bottom end is now Bulletproof !!!

fred2ka4
10-08-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by BING
This is why my engine is on a stand right now and goin back in at beginning of next week......Bottom end is now Bulletproof !!!

That's so you can drive it harder! [drive] [:D]

1.8G
10-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by loustylez
for some reason i cough a lot when i get in to my car. shucks. [:D]

Makes the drive back to school much more enjoyable.

AudiA4_20T
10-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by mike-2ptzero
Push mine to 8500 rpms at 32psi, it is too much for 1st-2nd gear on the street and really have to level off after 3rd gear since it takes me to nearly 115-118 mph as it is. But doing a nice 4th gear pull is a real rush since it takes me to 145 mph, I wouldn't even want to try taking 5th gear to 8k.

Do it [up]

a4sleepa
10-08-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by high_octaneRS-4
^^^P.S. my civic would of killed my 03 WRX, and my A4, with no problems, used to beat EVOs and STis (except in accelerating off the line) but rolling on the freeway at 3am.... yup

whatever...way to advertise....lol....03 WRX....CIVIC STAGE 3....shut the hell up

1 ate T
10-09-2006, 05:56 AM
^^ yup... loves the abuse..

i maxxed out at 135 the other day... [:)]

iowaboostin
10-09-2006, 06:08 AM
My car is just the DD.. it's TIP though so that helps to not get on it all the time (it's slooow). Since I bought my car I've hardly had it over 4k rpms. The hardest I've driven it was during the test drive.. redlining and going ~110mph. I'm keeping this car as reliable as possible [;)] I'm gonna start a new project soon though just for the tracks.. either DSM or a different a4, most likely DSM [cool]

I'll never drive like an idiot on the streets (except for the testdrive of course). Keep it for the tracks.

pipe7284
10-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by r12055ma4play
some times i feel like i should'nt drive my car the way i do.

I drive the car hard all the time :)

Sometimes i feel i shouldnt drive my car the way i do.

I should gun it all the way all the time. Audi are meant to be driven hard, they are AUDIS, monsters. plus, it feels good when the adrenaline runs through your neck, looking out for damn cops.

AB18
10-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Yeah, ive done 160mph+, and 150mph+ a bunch of times, so yeah, it takes some abuse.

b00st
10-09-2006, 12:53 PM
everyone will think i'm lying but dont drive it hard. i drive 15 miles one way to work...its on the highway. if i race somebody...then its pushed. otherwise its babied. i see no reason to beat on my car for shits and giggles. if someone is looking to run...yeah i do it and run to only 6k in the gear...could go to 7100...but i never do. if its close...i'll go to 6500 or untill they shift first. but if i really had to guess from a day to day thing. i almost am barely into boost. 5psi for my daily driving.

TQMB5
10-09-2006, 01:17 PM
i figure they break all the time even if you drive soft, you should atleast enjoy breaking it.. and then you have a better excuse to upgrade as well

Quattro by JJM
10-09-2006, 01:54 PM
i love my 1.8t to death and i swear there is not a moment or day where i push that car on the edge every time. the car feels indestructible and acts that way to. i love that pulling power up top its awesome for an engine that size from 110KMh to 180KMh is just so easy however i maintain my baby as much as i kick its ass all over the place !!! :)[drive] [a4]

ps i play a game in my car, that doesnt last for long, but i try and see how long i can go for without dropping it back a gear or two and hammering it and how low i can get the fuel consumption avg.

gabe-real49
10-11-2006, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by BranCKY3
BT + 5th gear on the highway is awesome. Once you hit 70 it just won't stop pulling.

What BT upgrade are you running?

loustylez
10-12-2006, 12:14 PM
ok i got pulled over today and i'm blaming all of you.

here lately i've been conserving on gas, going the speed limit.....

but noooooooooo, i have to sign up for this board which i'm freaking hooked on now. then i read this thread and everyone's like "oh yah i tear ass around everywhere". so lately i've been pushin 90 on the freeway comin home from class and such with a "screw it my car is way too fun to drive fast" mentality.

today at lunch this dumptruck was holding shit up so i pass him on a 45mph street. i crest a hill and a cop goes by on the other side of the median. i'm like oh shit but he looks like he's still just looking straight ahead. just in case i speed up hoping that i can find somewhere to turn off and lose him. just as i do that, ANOTHER cop goes by so now i'm like SHIT !#%

i push it up to a red light. at the last second it turns green and i quattro that shit to the right. soon as i turn right i see his lights come over the hill. 15 more seconds and i would have been far enough away he wouldn't have seen me and i could have ducked off in the shopping center.

he lays down his little baiting question bullshit. "do you know how fast you were going" i say "i just passed a dump truck and the car down shifted so... i guess i was probably accelerating quickly for a few seconds. so he asks again "well how fast is quickly?" again, i said "i don't know". so he goes back to his car and i know he didn't clock me and he doesnt' have shit.

so what doe she do? gives me a ticket for not coming to a complete stop at the red light before making the turn. i was like uh... the light turned green just before i turned and he's like "well i didn't see that." i kept at it saying "no really like... it was, you couldn't have seen me turn on a red light because... it wasn't red when i turned." "well it was red when i saw it" he says "and i can give you a speeding ticket if you'd like". i just shut my mouth and let officer jerkoff write his ticket.

i'll be fighting that shit for sure.

i f'ing HATE cops. with a passion.

fred2ka4
10-12-2006, 09:10 PM
I would fight it also, and I think you have a real good chance of winning. Next time push it a little harder, and you won't have these problems. [:D] [up]

Nihilation
10-13-2006, 12:46 AM
Coming from an NSX to my A4 I kinda laugh at threads such as these. As far as performance goes that car spoiled my fun with cheaper cars. Most anything short of a Ferrari 348 now bores me. It's not the speed, it's the total package that you get.

As far as my Audi goes, I drive quicker than most on the streets, generally 5-10 over the posted limit, but since I've got a sub in the trunk that isn't really secured down tight I don't take the turns very fast. I like to cruise in the A4. If I wanted a low budget performance car I surely wouldn't have bought this- I'd be driving another E36.

Not to be a downer though, my A4 romped on STi's, Evo's and managed a top 5 finish at a recent autocross. I was .8 seconds off of FTD, behind an NA Subaru 2.5RS sedan on Kuhmo 710's.[a4]

yusoslo
10-13-2006, 11:43 AM
I used to have a turbo civic hatchback which was damn fast. I used to fly by people and they where probably thinking look at that damn idiot in the honda....ricer.

Now when I am in the Audi and I am flying down the road with my HID's on and tucking my 18" Rs4's people are like "damn..did you see that? That guy probably has a smokin hot girl in that car and is in a rush to go to a bad ass party with more smokin hot girls!!"

I loved the 12 second civic, but damn I sure love my 15 sec 2.8 Audi. There is no other way to get to work in style and relieve the work stress on the onramps after work, then pick up a girl for dinner and 100% of the time hear them say.. I love your car.

offroader1006
10-13-2006, 01:19 PM
How hard do you push your audi?

i usually dont push mine, it starts right up in the mornings.

[:D] [up]

Gundem
10-13-2006, 03:00 PM
i'd rather not take such risk in Cali's highways. 4 tickets in 2 years is enough.

94jedi
10-13-2006, 03:06 PM
I usually drive like an old lady but when it's time to run hard, I run the piss out of it.