PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that nothing ever "works out perfect?"

Neo1130
10-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Installed my oil pressure sender which fit perfectly only having to put a 1" extension on it... The oil pressure gauge now works great but the oil light is staying on even though I have everything hooked up right plus I have the two pole switch... One was meant for the oil light BUT... The old pressure switch "closes" when pressurized and the new one "opens" during pressurization... You guys think I could just ground out the oil light wire causing the light not to come on?

Quattro by JJM
10-07-2006, 03:48 PM
ahh sounds ok but i wouldnt be jumping up and down to do it only because it sounds like there is some sort of wiring problem period. however be the easiest thing to do if you know youve really got everything done right. my mate had the same sort of problem with his boot door warning coming on all the time and he just did the same thing for that and it all worked out. (except i would be a handy thing to know when you boot is open and all your sh*t is about to fall out)[eek]

[a4]

Best of luck

Neo1130
10-07-2006, 04:20 PM
There is no wiring problem... Just the switches are bass-ackwards... One opens upon pressure and the other closes upon pressure... And the factory switch basically makes a connection to ground when pressurized anyways so I don't see too much of a problem, I just wanted to see if anyone else has done it without a problem.

Neo1130
10-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Any ideas guys?

Mawhitey
10-08-2006, 03:54 AM
If you cannot put the stock one back in, a relay will suffice, use the pressure switch to supply the ground supply to a 5 pin relay, so when the relay is active it opens the circuit.