PDA

View Full Version : Quection about removing the drivers door lock arm?

NogaroA4
10-07-2006, 08:13 AM
Ok I read the article on removing the drivers door lock arm from the inside of the drivers door. Which according to the article will not allow theives to break into the drivers door by punching a whole in the lower door hanle and moving the arm to unlock the door. My quection is what is the down falls of this? I'm assuming the only real downfall is that if your battery goes dead you would have to crawl through the trunk to unlcock the doors?...am i correct?

EuroA4
10-07-2006, 08:18 AM
I had mine removed and swapped the handle with a rear door handle to have a nice smooth de-locked look. A kill switch would be good too...just to be safe. If a thief really wants to get in your car...they'll get it...so focus on not allowing them to start/drive it.

The only bad part is a dead battery in the remote...so you should save the locking device for re-coding when needed.

NogaroA4
10-07-2006, 08:20 AM
yeah i thought about doing that..the only problem i ran into was that sometimes my remote locking system is funny and doesnt allow me to unlock the car via remote...and i would hate to be stuck outside in the cold...thanks for the help...anyone know of any good articles on a kill switch...?