PDA

View Full Version : coilover install Q's

TQMB5
10-06-2006, 08:13 PM
alrgiht well i jacked up my car and took off the two front wheels. sprayed everything with pb blaster and then tried to take out the pinch bolt. no budge on either side. my question is why do i even need to take it out?

also the 4 caps under the engine bay (two on each side)

on the drivers side there is 2 brake lines running right over one of them, any suggestions to make it easier?

but i was just wondeing if i could take out the bolt of the shock and lower control arm, and the two top bolts and try and get the shock out. this seems to easy so i am assuming there is a catch

the bolt to the bottom control arm to shock is getting stuck on the bottom control arm, making it impossible to get out

and i apologize for all the questions

trailboss
10-06-2006, 09:10 PM
The pinch bolt is for the upper control arms and yes you do need to get that off, the whole assembly will drop when you undo the upper to give you room to get the shocks out.

As far as the caps go, they are spayed over most of the times from the factory so when you take them off they normally never look goog from being dug at so just take a screw driver and pry them out.

You gotta undo the upper first, the lower IIRC will pinch if you dont do the upper first. Also take a punch or some type flat screw driver and push it out.

To get the whole assembly out easier cause you will have to push the lower control arm down, turn the wheel to one side and try pulling it off.

TQMB5
10-07-2006, 08:15 AM
well **** that bolt. one side is snapped and the other is about to. my neighbor owns a tool and die co and has a shit ton of sweet tools, so i am going to get a air chizel from him and try that, if i decide to drill it though, what kind of bit do i use and what size?