PDA

View Full Version : Which wheels??



VJD2
10-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Time to buy some new wheels. I have a 2001.5 A4 Black w/sport package. I've narrowed it down to two wheels I like the most.

Which ones do you guys think will look the best?

This car:
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n79/vjde2/Pic203.jpg

With TSW Mondello's:
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n79/vjde2/25_1.jpg

Or with TSW Nogaro's
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n79/vjde2/7e_1_b.jpg

Both have 2" polished lip. I'm torn!

Thanks everyone.

TJHUB
10-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Nogaros hands down. I really don't think the Mondellos work with the lines of the car.

BING
10-06-2006, 06:41 PM
the nagaro's are nice but,they will make your rotors look o-so-small,think about upgrading your brake package to help stop that extra rorational weight you now have.... BIG REDS are always nice, or the BIG BLACKS too..

sushi_turbo
10-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Out of those specific choices, I would go with the Nogaros.. Have you thought about BBS wheels? Iforged? lol

$teady$upreme
10-06-2006, 07:06 PM
2nd set for sure between the two[up]

BING
10-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Yes ,the BBS CH are sweet too but at 18+lbs per rim !!I personally would try to stay in the 15-17 lb range for rims..less rotational weight..my $.02

SoleMate
10-06-2006, 07:11 PM
C. none of the above

TSWs are crap quality and those spokes are too thin

A4champ
10-06-2006, 07:30 PM
I have the nogaros on my 01.5...here is what they look like...
I love em by the way...however like others say they do make your rotors look small.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p5c4d53b289fc0c0343161a2deea00dcd/eff7a39d.jpg


http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid209/pbae26646ea83dc28b909c41157b381b7/ee35c7de.jpg

onemoremile
10-06-2006, 07:51 PM
TSW = the soft wheel.

AudiSport12
10-06-2006, 08:47 PM
im not really a fan of any TSW wheel. i have heard some not so good things about them and they are just plain ugly, IMO. the only TSW i would consider putting on my car would be the Sting, but its out of production now

DRA4
10-06-2006, 09:59 PM
How about my wheels, they have a good deal on them at the rack.

VJD2
10-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Wow, thanks for all the opinions everyone!

So far the favorite is the Nogaro but a lot of people don't like the TSW's in general. I'll take a peek at BBS and Iforged.

You say they bend easy? That's not cool.

A4champ: Those wheels look sooo sweet on your car.

VJD2
10-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by DRA4
How about my wheels, they have a good deal on them at the rack.

While I do like the look of them I was never a fan of black wheels.

Don't get me wrong they look great but I think its a little too much black. I'll check them out on the rack and see what's up.

iscaspar
10-06-2006, 10:05 PM
nogaros.

i dont really like those at all.
i have Fittipaldi Argus rims.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/2442000-2442999/2442818_6.jpg

VJD2
10-06-2006, 10:06 PM
I'd also like to add that I like simple wheels, like the Nogaro. Nothing too confusing/busy or multi-spoked.

DRA4
10-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Thats cool, i am sure you will be happy with the Nogaros.

VJD2
10-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by DRA4
Thats cool, i am sure you will be happy with the Nogaros.

Ya but now you are making me think twice. I keep looking at the pic of your car. Thanks man, I thought I was all set. Haha!

fred2ka4
10-06-2006, 10:47 PM
If I have to pick from the two sets ..... Nogaros!

If I can pick any ...... IForged

DRA4
10-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by VJD2
Ya but now you are making me think twice. I keep looking at the pic of your car. Thanks man, I thought I was all set. Haha!

Haha, I love mines. but if they are not your style, go to the rack and see more styles.

VJD2
10-06-2006, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by fred2ka4
If I have to pick from the two sets ..... Nogaros!

If I can pick any ...... IForged

I just finished checking out the IForged wheels...holy expensive batman! I wish I had that kind of money but I don't. Besides if I did have that money it wouldn't be going to wheels, it'd be going to a BT & FMIC upgrade!

VJD2
10-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by DRA4
Haha, I love mines. but if they are not your style, go to the rack and see more styles.

I'll do that but I'm considering your wheels now. Thanks for the suggestion!

fred2ka4
10-06-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by VJD2
I just finished checking out the IForged wheels...whole expensive batman! I wish I had that kind of money but I don't. Besides if I did have that money it wouldn't be going to wheels, it'd be going to a BT & FMIC upgrade!

You can always search the forums, craislist, or ebay. Someone usually has a nice set of wheel for sale for a good price. [:D]

DRA4
10-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by VJD2
I'll do that but I'm considering your wheels now. Thanks for the suggestion!

Cool, if you need help with anything, feel free to ask.

VJD2
10-06-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by fred2ka4
You can always search the forums, craislist, or ebay. Someone usually has a nice set of wheel for sale for a good price. [:D]

Ya I've been looking on all those to be honest with you.

I love Craigslist, that is where I found my car!

VJD2
10-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by DRA4
Cool, if you need help with anything, feel free to ask.

Thanks man, I really appreciate the help![up]

VJD2
10-06-2006, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by fred2ka4
You can always search the forums, craislist, or ebay. Someone usually has a nice set of wheel for sale for a good price. [:D]

Love your car by the way! Someday I hope to have mine like yours.

jrau13
10-06-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by fred2ka4
You can always search the forums, craislist, or ebay. Someone usually has a nice set of wheel for sale for a good price. [:D]

The classified on here are very good. Ive bought wheels and tires for a great price.

A4champ
10-06-2006, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the comp! Good luck in your search....
I too liked the Iforged but I decided that I wanted something different and I liked the Moda R6's at the time but wanted a newer style with some german styling also (lips). Well I found these, Good price....nice wheel no complaints....I live in Colorado, so you know they get worked with some of the road issues we have...but never have had an issue with their composite being soft....Ne ways best of luck......
Josh

fred2ka4
10-07-2006, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by VJD2
Love your car by the way! Someday I hope to have mine like yours.

Thanks, but you'll get there before you know it. Just to let you know, it never ends. Because if you'd guess that I was happy with my car, you'd be wrong. I'm always looking for the next mod, and that's half the fun. [:D]

sandman
10-07-2006, 01:09 AM
ull need a big brake kit to make those look good

A4champ
10-07-2006, 01:32 AM
^^ um no you wont...they look fine.........Unless you need the added stopping power. Course BBK would look amazing with the TSW wheels. But the OEM do not look out of place...Paint them Red, the color makes them stand out more appearing to be larger.
J

VJD2
10-07-2006, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by A4champ
Thanks for the comp! Good luck in your search....
I too liked the Iforged but I decided that I wanted something different and I liked the Moda R6's at the time but wanted a newer style with some german styling also (lips). Well I found these, Good price....nice wheel no complaints....I live in Colorado, so you know they get worked with some of the road issues we have...but never have had an issue with their composite being soft....Ne ways best of luck......
Josh

You are welcome! My first choice was silver but I couldn't find one with what I was looking for so I went for black.

Glad to hear you have had no problems with the wheels, CT doesn't have the best of road either!

VJD2
10-07-2006, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by fred2ka4
Thanks, but you'll get there before you know it. Just to let you know, it never ends. Because if you'd guess that I was happy with my car, you'd be wrong. I'm always looking for the next mod, and that's half the fun. [:D]

That is what I'm hoping. Of course robbing a bank would help me get there faster! Haha.

I know it will never end, it never does with cars. There is always something out there to do. My last car turned into a money pit because of that, I'm hoping I do a little better this round.

VJD2
10-07-2006, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by A4champ
^^ um no you wont...they look fine.........Unless you need the added stopping power. Course BBK would look amazing with the TSW wheels. But the OEM do not look out of place...Paint them Red, the color makes them stand out more appearing to be larger.
J

I was just going to ask what color you all suggest I paint my caliper. I guess anything will go with black.

I had thought about red but then thought about silver as well.

Also thinking of doing the A8 rotor upgrade while I was at it. Seems fairly inexpensive for a larger brake upgrade plus I can get the cross drilled/slotted.

jones3000
10-07-2006, 09:05 AM
#2

werksmini
10-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by BING
Yes ,the BBS CH are sweet too but at 18+lbs per rim !!I personally would try to stay in the 15-17 lb range for rims..less rotational weight..my $.02

wtf are you talking about? What rims are you rocking that make you think that 18lbs are too heavy? If the weight is the same as the diameter (ie: 18lbs for 18" wheels) or a few lbs over they are considered very light weight. An overweight wheel would be like 25 and over.

Quattro by JJM
10-07-2006, 04:24 PM
TSW Nogaro's
Diffinately ay

A4champ
10-07-2006, 07:23 PM
Yeah bro .......the dull colors wont stand out as much....I painted them black initially....but am more happy with the red.....

SFexBOY
10-07-2006, 11:16 PM
i like your stock ones the best.

VJD2
10-08-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by A4champ
Yeah bro .......the dull colors wont stand out as much....I painted them black initially....but am more happy with the red.....

Cool, thanks for the tip!

VJD2
10-08-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by SFexBOY
i like your stock ones the best.

Haha, ya I do too but those are going to have winter tires mounted on them.

Euro
10-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Not a Fan of TSW.

If I could make another option of finding a different set of wheels,
do that.

Your car deserves better [:D]

Quattrocket
10-08-2006, 12:20 PM
nogaros

RAyala2.7T
10-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by audisport12
im not really a fan of any TSW wheel. i have heard some not so good things about them and they are just plain ugly, IMO. the only TSW i would consider putting on my car would be the Sting, but its out of production now

Ha! I used to have the Sting powdercoated black a while back. But very true TSW=teh soft. Those things got so out of round it wasn't even funny.

gabe-real49
10-11-2006, 12:52 AM
none of the above...

yemntftb
10-11-2006, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by SFexBOY
i like your stock ones the best.

Yeah RS4 Rims? You can't go wrong...I'll buy those off of you...

docurley
10-11-2006, 07:15 AM
How about these in the GB section

http://members.sparedollar.com/eraxpres/mclassic5.JPG
http://members.sparedollar.com/eraxpres/mclassic6.JPG
http://members.sparedollar.com/eraxpres/mclassic8.JPG
http://members.sparedollar.com/eraxpres/mclassic9.JPG
prices are as followed
18 x 8.5 all around
$680 shipped

19 x 8.5 all around
$720 shipped

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96315

ActiveMonkey
10-11-2006, 08:12 AM
TSW Nogaro's hand down IMHO

TQMB5
10-11-2006, 09:39 AM
nogaros

MR VTEC
10-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by docurley
How about these in the GB section

http://members.sparedollar.com/eraxpres/mclassic5.JPG
http://members.sparedollar.com/eraxpres/mclassic6.JPG
http://members.sparedollar.com/eraxpres/mclassic8.JPG
http://members.sparedollar.com/eraxpres/mclassic9.JPG
prices are as followed
18 x 8.5 all around
$680 shipped

19 x 8.5 all around
$720 shipped

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96315
these look better than the two original options

VJD2
10-11-2006, 02:57 PM
Those wheels are nice and all but not my taste at all. I like simple stuff. Can't beat those prices though.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

TH85
10-13-2006, 12:28 AM
if your gettin new wheels then mine as well spend a few extra bucks...specially on an audi......

VJD2
10-13-2006, 12:36 PM
As much as I wouldl like to drop 2k on wheels, I don't have that.

And if I did, I'd be doing something else with it. I'd have a BT turbo or something.