PDA

View Full Version : radio in safe mode.. need help

huntD
09-30-2006, 02:41 PM
the battery on my 97 a4 recently died putting the radio into safe mode when i replaced it. unfortunately i no longer have the little card with the six digit number to unlock it.

anyone know what i can do to fix this?

SeanF
09-30-2006, 03:05 PM
call the dealer, they may give it to you for free, they may try to charge you, if they do, hang up and try calling another dealership until you get one that will do it for free...

huntD
09-30-2006, 03:12 PM
thanks

Quattro
10-04-2006, 11:36 AM
if all else fails buy a new radio factory with code, or aftermarket radio =D

audiluver
10-04-2006, 04:26 PM
my code was still on a card in my owners manual. you could look there.

huntD
10-06-2006, 03:40 PM
yeah but the card in the manual is perferated, so it looks like the previous owner ripped it out and stuck it somewhere else. called the dealer where the car was purchased and they didnt have it on record, said they would pull the radio and fix it for free... too bad that dealer is 2000 miles away.

bellofello
10-07-2006, 04:26 PM
same thing happened to me when I bought the car. They disconnected the battery when they saftied, so I had to pay the stealership labour to take out the f-in radio to get a code in the back to make sure it isn't stolen. Then they send that to audi, and audi sends the code. cost me 75 friggin dollars. And I don't have a CD player for god sakes, who would have thought a fairly high end car doesn't have a CD player standard?

quattro_maniac
10-07-2006, 04:34 PM
doesnt that card also say that any problems you have with the radio they'll fix for free? just take it to any dealer...

Euro
10-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Check this out man, I think it could hold the answers your looking for
[;)]

http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/symphony.html (HERE)

Hope it helps

huntD
10-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Euro
Check this out man, I think it could hold the answers your looking for
[;)]

http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/symphony.html (HERE)

Hope it helps

thanks but entering it isnt the problem having the code to enter is. i just need to have the dealer pull it and get the code from audi. thanks though

bellofello
10-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by quattro_maniac
doesnt that card also say that any problems you have with the radio they'll fix for free? just take it to any dealer...

Yeah if you have the card, then there is no need to take it to a dealer becuase it says the code on it.