PDA

View Full Version : what kind of gains can i expect...

b00st
09-25-2006, 10:29 PM
if i get a test my with my current setup?

K04 PC16, Milltek, EVOMS FMIC

just wondering if this is going to be the right purchase.
just happened to get into a race tonight and lost by half a car.
according to the owner he has an AMS built prelude or 240 sx....it was all black. from the front it looked like a prelude or but the rear is telling me 240. anyway. he said he had a headgasket pushing 12psi and stroked from 2.4L to 2.6L. if anyone knows AMS they build the fastest EVOs. and currently have the fastest and highest HP evo built. so we do our run on the highway and it looked even from what i can tell. sometimes i thought i was better and sometimes him. but then we did a run at 45-50ish which basically sucks for me...its a dead spot. i'm to high in 2nd gear and to low in 3rd. so we run it out and he gains about a half car on me by the end of 3rd and we stopped. very cool person. honestly i thought his car was slow for how much he had into it. CF hood and body parts. built motor and turbo kit. i forgot what he said was holding him back from 26psi. for a car that was lighter than me and bigger motor w/bigger turbo....i shouldn't have run that close. i think he was running open wastegate cuz it was damn loud after he it got into boost. it would open up. sounded like emils car when he ran his FULL GT28RS w/ open WG.

anyway...it seems we were pretty evenly matched and i am just looking for that little edge and give me the win since i'm still running stock cat and all. if its gonna give me 5whp...i'll wait. mod bug has me and i need a little something before i go with the BT kit next year. dunno what do you guys think....what are your experiences with them?

then i was gonna do one from the dig...i thought i was in 1st gear...well i wasn't all the way in[headbang] [headbang] [headbang] and i was spooling it at the light waiting to take off....what a jag i am. looked like a total noob.[headbang]

bOOOOstedAudi
09-25-2006, 10:38 PM
didnt read it at all but get the gtrs kit instead. can beat the price

Euro
09-25-2006, 10:43 PM
aren't you required to run a full exhuast even with a KO4? I would, not a doubt in my mind.

Im pretty sure that I've read that with the KO4 (as well as any non stock turbo) that you have to run a turbo back exhaust of some kind.

Im assuming you would get a lot more than 5 hp out of a good turbo back exhuast....

15 maybe 20 hp? depending ... someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think you would see some much better results.

b00st
09-25-2006, 10:44 PM
i will do that but not till next spring/summer. i will need it anyway with the GTRS kit. so if i get it now...not sure what to expect with it on a k04 pc16. i just need to squeeze a little more out. i'd be happy with 10-15awhp/10-20awtq.

Euro
09-25-2006, 10:48 PM
wait..

Are you running that stuff you said (KO4 blah blah blah) or are you going to be getting that stuff next spring summer

*Just what mods do you have, in the car right now?

nAUDI
09-25-2006, 10:52 PM
man, your always running someone, IL must be a hotspot.

I would definately recommend a test pipe espcially since you have a pc16 setup.

High boost + small turbine = excessive backpressure. which leads to reversion and detonation.

that and the engine bay looks a lot cleaner without a cat :)

Kyle H
09-25-2006, 10:56 PM
He has the K04 p16 setup now, getting the BT next summer, and wants to know if the test pipe would give him good gains with the K04.

:)

I'd do it, you might as well enjoy it for now then you don't have to worry about it as being a problem when you go BT.

Euro
09-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Alright...

with KO4 and all that other great BS I would do it. [:D]

it most likey wont fit to a BT, so what there will be plenty of people to sell it to on AZ.

More Power. Do it.[race]

b00st
09-25-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Euro
wait..

Are you running that stuff you said (KO4 blah blah blah) or are you going to be getting that stuff next spring summer

*Just what mods do you have, in the car right now?

currently:
K04
GIAC PC16 93 octane file
310 injectors
Milltek DP
Milltek Exhaust
adj. fpr.
EVOMS FMIC
EVOMS CAI

and i think thats it for the go part.

other junk:
H&R Sport Springs
Bilstein Grooved Shocks
18" HP EVOS w/ TOYO Proxes FZ4s (heavy ass rims)
Rieger RS4 Front, V2 sides, V2 rear.
Mintex Pads, Zimmerman X-Drilled Rotors.

going to be going:
a kit from RENN-ART backed by UNI SW.
and tune the shit outta it.
GTRS
exhaust mani.
440cc injectors
snub mount
DTS
S4/A4 V6 motor mounts
misc gauges. EGT, A/F, OIL Pressure.

b00st
09-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Euro
Alright...

with KO4 and all that other great BS I would do it. [:D]

it most likey wont fit to a BT, so what there will be plenty of people to sell it to on AZ.

More Power. Do it.[race]

actually i'm running it with an ELIM BT Kit...so it will mate up just fine. the next turbo i'm getting isn't changing the stock position of the turbo.

b00st
09-25-2006, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by nAUDI
man, your always running someone, IL must be a hotspot.

I would definately recommend a test pipe espcially since you have a pc16 setup.

High boost + small turbine = excessive backpressure. which leads to reversion and detonation.

that and the engine bay looks a lot cleaner without a cat :)

yeah i dunno...please are always pushing up on me....and i don't ever back down. my area is swamped with tuner shops too AMS, RENN-ART, GRD, CPT, and a lil north here like 45 min away is DUBWERKS. P&L is a primarily subie shop, AMS being DSM and EVOS, ASPEC for RX7s, SPL was for IS300 Turbos and 240sxs...lot of JDM stuff. GRD is AUDI, NISSAN, VW. RENN-ART AUDI, VW, BMW. STREET STUFF is american muscle. and i'm located in the middle of it all. plus i drive a lot 15 miles one way to work...so it would seem like i do get into a lot of races but to me its like once in a blue moons for as much as i am on the road.

yeah my stock cat sucks my ass as far as i'm concerned but i didn't want to deal with a CEL and emissions. i think i could pass emissions if i used the spark plug non-foulers. i'm still running mid-muffler and rear muffler.

ps....the bodykit is not helping....attracts a ton of attention! which i like [:D]

b00st
09-25-2006, 11:19 PM
will it smell like rotten eggs with the testpipe on?

BranCKY3
09-25-2006, 11:22 PM
Go for it... the test pipe when I had my k04 dropped my spool down to 20psi @ 2100rpms in 5th, it was like 2400rpm with the stock cat. It pulls a lot smoother and quicker up top too.

b00st
09-25-2006, 11:40 PM
then i'm sold. i'ma pick up one from renn-art. they got an ER TP i'ma try out 3" that flows to 2.5" which is what my milltek dp is.

i just need that little something up top. i feel like my car is slow as shit....but then i race someone...and i'm surprised i'm next to them. my wife keeps telling me its fine....but it feels like a dog to me...i need something to renew the feeling till i go BT.

d_maniac
09-25-2006, 11:42 PM
b00st..how much hp are you putting out??

b00st
09-25-2006, 11:52 PM
most people don't believe me but 190awhp/205awtq.

i was running pretty lean on the dyno so it kinda sux...i may go back after i get my testpipe just to see. my torque is kinda low... thats pretty much the max for a k04. the little tweaks will get you above the 190 marker...highest i recall is 199 on pump gas.

seems like there is a hundred ways to do crank numbers so i don't bother. it was a 4th gear pull on 93 octane. with my mentioned mods. oh and i have a nasty exhaust leak so if i fix it...i think i can do better....its so damn loud. you wouldn't think 190awhp could be a modded 350z or 250fwhp turbo civics and such. the civic i murdered in any gear he chose to race in. SRT4s give me a hard time. R32s....350z seem to be lacking dunno what it is.

d_maniac
09-25-2006, 11:58 PM
with that set up you can beat modded vw r32's??? those things are BEASTS when you put a supercharger or turbo on it....

badassbaldie
09-26-2006, 12:06 AM
I'll bet a new fuel filter will add about 5 awhp...[:D]

94jedi
09-26-2006, 06:56 AM
yeah, get a new fuel filter and that test pipe and you'll feel a nice difference. I'm a big believer in the test pipe. I had one on my car back when I had just a GIAC chipped kO3 and a 710DV. w/o the test pipe I ran a 15.4 and I think w/ the test pipe I think I was in the 14's. granted, on the 15.4 run I think I left some on the table from a crappy 60ft because of my clutch but still it was a noticeable improvement. I think Bitterchild may still have my test pipe. talk to him about it. He's already fixed the exhaust leak problem that all ATP test pipes have when bought new. He reseated the studs so it's a better fit now. talk to him about it.

Oh BTW, I would do a FULL GT28RS. I drove audisnapr's car this weekend and that car is out of control....I mean it, the car rips. it's damn fast and I don't impress easily.

b00st
09-26-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by d_maniac
with that set up you can beat modded vw r32's??? those things are BEASTS when you put a supercharger or turbo on it....

ummmm....no.
BPU type R32's, we run evens.

S/C R32's will beat me sooner or later [:D]

BzeB5A4
09-26-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by badassbaldie

Yea maybe i should think of doing that too. I just dont have any clue what to do...Maybe it could be liek a group thing (hint hint) lol.

Dang Kevin, you have all these stories and i've never run into anyone around here :(. Its ok though cause i probably wouldnt beat many. I still wanna get a ride in your car to feel the difference between PC16 & regular k04.

Rosati
09-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by b00st
most people don't believe me but 190awhp/205awtq.

seems like there is a hundred ways to do crank numbers so i don't bother. it was a 4th gear pull on 93 octane. with my mentioned mods. oh and i have a nasty exhaust leak so if i fix it...i think i can do better....its so damn loud. you wouldn't think 190awhp could be a modded 350z or 250fwhp turbo civics and such. the civic i murdered in any gear he chose to race in. SRT4s give me a hard time. R32s....350z seem to be lacking dunno what it is.

You beat modded 350z's? That is my goal right now.

my prick friend thinks his z is the fastest thing out there, but dont get me wrong, its very fast.

what did the z have and how did you race?

pac1085
09-26-2006, 10:38 AM
I had huge gains from installing my test pipe when I ran pc-16. I probably would have went with a HFC if I had to do it all over again, it stank.

(ricer comment)It shoots out some pretty big fireballs on downshifts too :P(/ricer comment)

b00st
09-26-2006, 12:31 PM

yeah we need to do that soon! i'm sure that thing is PLUGGED!

BranCKY3
09-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by pac1085
(ricer comment)It shoots out some pretty big fireballs on downshifts too :P(/ricer comment)

It sure does [eek] It's intimidating to most though, so it's a good thing haha.

18T
09-26-2006, 12:56 PM
then i'm sold. i'ma pick up one from renn-art. they got an ER TP i'ma try out 3" that flows to 2.5" which is what my milltek dp is.

i just need that little something up top. i feel like my car is slow as shit....but then i race someone...and i'm surprised i'm next to them. my wife keeps telling me its fine....but it feels like a dog to me...i need something to renew the feeling till i go BT.

LOL want to renew the feeling?? drive my car for a week [:p] [:p] [:p]

b00st
09-26-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Rosati
You beat modded 350z's? That is my goal right now.

my prick friend thinks his z is the fastest thing out there, but dont get me wrong, its very fast.

what did the z have and how did you race?

JWT pop charger/Stillen exhaust.

a friend has a G35 couple with intake/crawford cats/intake plenum/technosquare reflash for those specific mods.
and i'm right there with him.

i can beat a stock 350z by 1-2CLs.

last race i had i posted against a pretty decently modded 350z....he was beating on a modded z28 by maybe 3 or 4 CLs. my wife was crusing in her car and i in mine...when they guys came flying by. so i caught up to the pack and raced the 350z....we were dead fvcking even from 70-125. he was really cool he pulled off the highway and gave me the thumbs up. neither of us could gain an inch on each other.

b00st
09-26-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by BranCKY3
It sure does [eek] It's intimidating to most though, so it's a good thing haha.

it does actually do that? anybody pass emissions with that? i guess its really OBD port so as long as i can control the CEL via non foulers...i'm good.

18T
09-26-2006, 01:03 PM
i still want a ride in your car v.v

b00st
09-26-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by BzeB5A4
Yea maybe i should think of doing that too. I just dont have any clue what to do...Maybe it could be liek a group thing (hint hint) lol.

Dang Kevin, you have all these stories and i've never run into anyone around here :(. Its ok though cause i probably wouldnt beat many. I still wanna get a ride in your car to feel the difference between PC16 & regular k04.

anytime...

i need to get my exhaust leak fixed....at least thats what i think it is. i may record it tonight and put it up to see if anyone knows....its a strange fluttering noise that only starts happening at high RPMS under high load. like 5k+.

b00st
09-26-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by 18T
i still want a ride in your car v.v

you know you can at anytime.

94jedi
09-26-2006, 01:06 PM
Kevin, did you talk to bitterchild about my old TP? Like I said, he reseated the studs which commonly cause exhaust leaks. seriously, if you need a small hp mod to get you through the winter, a TP will do quite nicely.

BranCKY3
09-26-2006, 01:13 PM
it does actually do that? anybody pass emissions with that? i guess its really OBD port so as long as i can control the CEL via non foulers...i'm good.

What's emissions? [:p] Don't expect to pass with a test pipe, unless you have someone that will hook you up.

Don't you remember watching my launch video in the renn-art gtg thread? It shot out a fireball there, although my friends said they've seen bigger on my car before.

pac1085
09-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Yea, I had a few people who were driving behind me and it shot out some mammoth fireball (~6ft diameter). I got 2 calls on my cell phone when it happened :P You'll hear a pretty loud "pop" when it happens.

b00st
09-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by BranCKY3
What's emissions? [:p] Don't expect to pass with a test pipe, unless you have someone that will hook you up.

Don't you remember watching my launch video in the renn-art gtg thread? It shot out a fireball there, although my friends said they've seen bigger on my car before.

jedi...i'm on the fence with the emissions thing.

BRAN i did see that...but i didn't know if your were running race gas or whatever its intimidating...but my car doesn't have enough balls to back up the fireball [:p]

i need a 28RS or something behind it.

i think the emissions thing is the only thing holding me back. but here in IL its only via OBD port...so as long as there are no CEL codes....i'm good.

a4cefed
09-26-2006, 02:05 PM
boost - you should have no problems with the emissions, no cel your good to go for the most part.
i would like to take a ride in your car some time, im on the fence with upgrading to the pc-16 . maybe when john helps you with the fuel filter ?

b00st
09-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by r12055ma4play
boost - you should have no problems with the emissions, no cel your good to go for the most part.
i would like to take a ride in your car some time, im on the fence with upgrading to the pc-16 . maybe when john helps you with the fuel filter ?

ok i thought so.
i will try it out....and keep my stock cat just in case [;)]

sure you can go for a ride too....no problem.
we can do a run and you can compare against my k04 pc16 from your k04. its pretty much night and day. too bad i'm getting used to the power now. its really not a big investment or anything so i guess i will give her a go. and just get the spark plug spacers....so i can space it out and not destroy my O2 sensor.

but if it was really nothing to give any gains...i didn't want to fool around with dp bolts....i hate them. i might need to take a trip to the store for some PB Blaster.

badassbaldie
09-26-2006, 04:16 PM
yeah we need to do that soon! i'm sure that thing is PLUGGED!

Actually, I'm doing my water pump this Sunday and Mikey (r12055ma4play) is coming over too. You are more than welcome to stop by if you want...

badassbaldie
09-26-2006, 04:17 PM
You too BzeB5A4...

bitterchild
09-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by bOOOOstedAudi
didnt read it at all but get the gtrs kit instead. can beat the price

lol

b00st
09-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Actually, I'm doing my water pump this Sunday and Mikey (r12055ma4play) is coming over too. You are more than welcome to stop by if you want...

damn it...i got the painter in the house this weekend.[headbang]

18T
09-26-2006, 08:21 PM
lol wow a fuel filter chi-burb gtg

nice

a4cefed
09-27-2006, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by 18T
lol wow a fuel filter chi-burb gtg

nice

yes, fun for the whole family