PDA

View Full Version : aww shiet skeet skeet skeet....

AsianA408
09-24-2006, 02:40 AM
so today was the ultra worst day for my car. i just wash the car. take the car down the street and i bottom out on a pot hole, soon after that it bottoms out soo bad i break the bottom of my bumper. so then im losing power. like my car sounds like its stuttering. busted cat? exaust? **** i dunno. why does my car not sound normal or why is it weaker? im outta ideas the lower point i can see under my car are the cat skid plates? do u guys this i have and exaust leak?

RAyala2.7T
09-24-2006, 06:45 AM
do you have a boost gauge? maybe you cracked your fmic or kinked a hard pipe when your bumper hit. do you hear any weird noises? can you elaborate on "it sounds like its stuttering"?

mike-2ptzero
09-24-2006, 07:09 AM
A busted cat or exhaust leak after the turbo would just increase power, only a leak before the turbo would cause you to lose power. Might want to check all of your IC pipes to see if there is a leak and check your FMIC since you did say you broke the bottom of your bumper.

iowaboostin
09-24-2006, 07:10 AM
If it sounds different there's a good chance you could've busted up your exhaust.

SeanF
09-24-2006, 08:58 AM
isnt asians car a 2.8?

AsianA408
09-24-2006, 09:10 AM
ok just got under there. it a FAT dented in cat. my car still sounds like a mix between a subaru and a bmw its deep but has that shuttering flapping noise kinda sound. RPMs are a lil messed even when starting the car.

burner799
09-24-2006, 12:51 PM
dude that sucks. what were you doing driving the b5 anyways? Maybe you broke a bunch of cells in your cat and thats what is makingthe shitty noise, and restricting flow so you are feeling weak.