PDA

View Full Version : How to use bluetooth

gunxxit
09-18-2006, 03:10 PM
I tried searching, but havent found anything that will help me. Is there any write ups in how to use the bluetooth ? The Audi manual didn't really help me much.
Thank you!

PROXUS
09-18-2006, 04:17 PM
RNS-E manual will only show RNS-E telephone features and the way to control your system.

First you need to pair your phone.
- Set your mobile to look for BT devices and once Audi ***** is found it will ask you for pass key.
- Default pass key is 1234
- Now your mobile is paired and if it is fully compatible it wil send your phonebook to TEL interface. After 30-60 sec. you should see all your names from mobile on your navigation screen.

the rest is in manual ;)

gunxit
09-20-2006, 12:22 AM
Thank you, I will try it as soon as I get my car back.

drbwell
10-22-2006, 07:10 AM
Does anyone know why my paired Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone disconnects from the Nav Plus system after 30 seconds. Before I brought the car in for them to adjust the microphone sensitivity it worked without a hitch!

alliteration
10-30-2006, 09:22 AM
I'm having the same problems the bluetooth connection just drops. Can anyone help???

mdb7turbo
11-29-2006, 09:57 AM
I also can't get my new Audi to recognize my Motorola Q. Is there somewhere we can find out which cells WORK with this thing? is there a firmware maybe I can get for the phone?

any help is appreciated.

Ara
12-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Having the same problem with my Treo 700P. Most of the time it doesn't even connect anymore.

German Driver
12-11-2006, 09:46 PM
There is a list floating around which I do not believe is up-to-date.

Why doesn't someone start a thread and everyone can add to it. I would be glad to make it a sticky for a little while.

Nexus1155
12-11-2006, 10:10 PM
connecting and dropping is usually because it is paired wrong for most mobile devices... try to re-pair it

va-terps4
02-25-2007, 07:37 PM
I have a Motorola Q with the 2nd firmware update, and it pairs nicely with my 07 RNS-E. I do have an issue with the phone randomly rebooting though. It seems to be related to the bluetooth function. I have sent email to Motorola asking for assistance with it.

VroomVroom
02-26-2007, 07:32 AM
There's another thread on the site about Windoze Mobile 5 phones. It's either the v2 bluetooth stack, power management, or a combination. I've tried everything on my Cingular 8525 and Treo 750. Older phones - or newer ones with the older bluetooth stack - work fine.

The latest thing I've tried is JETMobile's software. There's still a disconnect after 30 seconds, but now the device automatically reconnects another ~ 30 seconds later and stays connected. The plus with the JET software (be sure to download the Audi update and device update if applicable to your phone) is that I now have my full phonebook available and the signal strength is displayed. Altogether, certainly worth the $15 investment.

What has worked for some other folks is to set your (advanced) power settings to always keep the device on, and to do the same with the backlight. This is rough on battery life, but seems to make the device play more nicely with the Audi system.

www.howardforums.com is a great resource for this as well.

AudiA4b6US
02-27-2007, 09:34 PM
My 8525 is working 95% fine now after installing the leaked ROM update from XDA developers. It's supposed to get released by Cingular within the next couple of days/weeks and after the update it now stays connected as solid as the 8125 did. I only get very few random disconnects that a followed by a reconnect withing a couple of seconds.

Das Blitz
02-27-2007, 10:15 PM
I have a Motorola Q also and it pairs quite well with my 07 RNS-E enabling all phone functions (Number dialed, calls received, missed calls, phone book, ring tones etc.) but the phone does randomly reboot, which I think is an issue with the Bluetooth stack on the phone and nothing to do with the RNS-E or the Bluetooth stack in the car.

VroomVroom
02-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the info - time for me to slap on the ROM update. :)