PDA

View Full Version : friend backed into my car!

tombomb84
09-18-2006, 09:20 AM
so the other night i was at my friends house and we were just hanging out having some beers, and one lead to another until we all had about 7 or 8 beers in us and i am in no condition to drive but for some reason he thinks its alright to go out and get some taco bell cuz him and a few other friends of mine are hungry. I reluctantly said no i was good and i didnt want to risk anything happening especially being intoxicated so they are all leaving and i am walking back to his house and all of a sudden i hear a loud crunch! i ran out and saw that my whole tail light was removed and that my rear quarter panel was dented in and my bumper is all ****ed up. I didnt want to call the cops and i wasnt sure what to do so i went and got an estimate and they said that it would be about 1600. I know he doesnt have that kind of money right now so what do you think i should do. deal with it through insurance and have him pay the deductable or what?

fred2ka4
09-18-2006, 09:36 AM
It's always hard to deal with these kind of situations, but I would see if he can pay you first so as to not raise his insurance, but if he cannot come up with the money, I would just let the insurane handle it and make him pay the deductable. Has he offered to pay for the damages at all?

tombomb84
09-18-2006, 09:48 AM
yea he said he would pay for it but in the mean time my car looks like ass and i dont want to wait a long time for him to come up with the money.

nizmosx
09-18-2006, 09:52 AM
ahhh once those boys get that syrup in them, they go antsy in their pantsy.

socal_A4
09-18-2006, 09:53 AM
that sucks same sh!t happened to me...I made her pay for it all but then again it was only 360 becuse i have a hook up a spray/body shop

Poopie
09-18-2006, 09:54 AM
why not just have him claim it through his insurance?

burner799
09-18-2006, 10:52 AM
hey dude i have seen this happen couple times to my friend. What you can do if you want to save his ass is claim it as a hit and run and have him pay the deductible.

94jedi
09-18-2006, 11:06 AM
nothing good ever comes of drinking lol.

WhippeD
09-18-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by burner799
hey dude i have seen this happen couple times to my friend. What you can do if you want to save his ass is claim it as a hit and run and have him pay the deductible.

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!

turboquattro068
09-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by 94jedi
nothing good ever comes of drinking lol.

Thats not true, haha, but what I will say is, I dont know if i would put it on your insurance at all man, its only going to cost you more money in the long run, have him claim it on his insurance and just pretend like it just happend......just have him call the insurance company and explain what happend, they probably won't require a police report, trust me i was sideswiped while parked, and my insurance went up, damage cost me almost five grand though, i didnt pay shit, but im unhappy with the aftermarket mirrors i got outta the whole deal!

murph013
09-18-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by nizmosx
ahhh once those boys get that syrup in them, they go antsy in their pantsy.
hahaha, just watched that the other night [up]

Yeah, claiming it as a hit and having him pay your deductible would probably be your best bet.

I'm pretty sure my insurance didn't go up when I had to file a claim on my hit and run a couple months ago.