PDA

View Full Version : is this a good deal?

arizona steve
04-04-2006, 11:09 PM
would you guys buy this?

ide want a 5 speed quattro a4; but my best friend is getting rid of his b5 black tip front-trac a4 with exh, intake, DV, and chip for 4,700 (homie hookup, it KBB's for like 5,900 fair shape, 6,700 good shape)

its got like 101k miles, was recently serviced, it needs its front bumper taken off and re-alighned, and some paint work which i think i could get for cheap.

other than that its all stock, stock susp. and stock wheels, etc.

oh yea, and a expensive panasonic HU; duno what kind, dont really care.

anyways, i gota buy it ASAP he said cause hes gotten offers from other people for much more...

if anything i could drive it for a bit and re-sell it in a few months, make my money back or possibly make a few bucks if i get the paint touched up...

it would beat the hell out of driving my crappy prelude right now; which is the only reason i havent gotten the a4 yet cause i havent sold that.

vitaliko
04-04-2006, 11:29 PM
id say the extra money is well worth it for quattro and 5spd (your prefered criterea). As far as the deal as it stands, it seems decent.

arizona steve
04-04-2006, 11:31 PM
i was thinking about that too; but for that price its pretty much an even trade from my prelude, cause im asking the same price for that.

if i wanted to spend extra, i would also thing about getting a urs4 over a b5 a4; so i duno, i was thinking about just picking it up and driving it for a little.

vitaliko
04-04-2006, 11:33 PM
oh thats simple then, get the s4!

arizona steve
04-04-2006, 11:41 PM
haha word, usually any urs4 in that same price range as a b5 a4 (5-8k) is all over 100k miles; but apparently they last long as hell...its all the other random little stuff that breaks down...

the power is tempting though.

AudiA4_20T
04-05-2006, 03:53 AM
If theres one thing Ive learned when buying a car, dont get it with things you cant change just because it was a "Good Deal". Personally, Id make sure I got a 5-speed quattro. If u honstely dont care, then its fine, but if you have the slightest idea that u might regret it in the future, dont get it

stg3EVO
04-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Id go urs4 before an a4 that isnt what I want.

arizona steve
04-05-2006, 03:24 PM
well hm. i just talked to my friend and bought myself some time...

im going to try and sell my prelude for the same amount hes asking for his a4 (even though its worth like a grand or 2 more than hes gona sell it to me for) and pretty much just have an even trade from a 96 beat up honda prelude with 152k miles, to a a4 with a few mods, and 50k less miles; thats worth more.

ill drive it for a while and put it up for sale (i already asked him; he doesnt care if i sell it right after i get it, his parents just bought him a 60k car. must be nice!)

maybe a nice urs4 will come along in the time im driving it.