PDA

View Full Version : Fidanza flywheel



AFOUR_PLAY
04-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Just got off the phone with Guy Harding of Harding Performance (http://www.hp.net.au) and I should be receiving a lightened Fidanza flywheel in the next few days.

http://www.fidanza.com/images/alum_flywheel_big.jpg

http://www.fidanza.com/product...heels (http://www.fidanza.com/productdetails.aspx?id=aluminum_flywheels)

Now, what clutch kit are people running with this flywheel?

B5T28
04-04-2006, 06:23 AM
sweet purchase, just be ready to be matching your rpms like crazy... sometimes it seems like the revs drop faster than you can up shift makeing it a rougher shift... but that just means you get to pay more attention to driving[drive] [:D]

Eurotuned_A4
04-04-2006, 12:04 PM
nice. i just found out that i actually have a fidanza lwfw. i purchased through New Dimnesions along with my SPEC clutch and both were labeled SPEC on the website. i called SPEC up and they said that mine is made by Fidanza. however, SPEC will be making their own in house flywheels within a month.

BTW, i believe you can run a southbend OFE clutch with this flywheel.

lovintheboost
04-04-2006, 03:44 PM
you will love how fast they rev. i noticed my car was a little quicker coming off of corners

well if anyone else is interested in one im selling mine cheap.
sorry about the thread jack:)

AFOUR_PLAY
04-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Eurotuned_A4
nice. i just found out that i actually have a fidanza lwfw. i purchased through New Dimnesions along with my SPEC clutch and both were labeled SPEC on the website. i called SPEC up and they said that mine is made by Fidanza. however, SPEC will be making their own in house flywheels within a month.

BTW, i believe you can run a southbend OFE clutch with this flywheel.

B5T28 is running southbend with the fidanza flywheel.

I was looking at a SPEC stage 3+ kit but most people tend to recommend the Southbend kit.

AFOUR_PLAY
04-04-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by lovintheboost
you will love how fast they rev. i noticed my car was a little quicker coming off of corners

well if anyone else is interested in one im selling mine cheap.
sorry about the thread jack:)

The Flywheel I have is second hand with a resurface kit.

Did you have a lot of chatter?

B5T28
04-04-2006, 05:23 PM
yeah i went with the southbend kit cause i went through the spec kit in less than 8 months

AFOUR_PLAY
04-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Whcih southbend kit did you get?
anyone have the southbend SS series? I've heard that the pedel feel is much stiffer

TwentyValveB5
04-04-2006, 06:50 PM
beejohn has the OFE SS series, i've got the HD... my pedal right after installation felt like stock, but has since stiffened up. beejohn's has felt stiff all along.

i'm running the Unorthodox LWFW with mine and it's awesome. some chatter during the break-in period, but it's since gone away for the most part. i don't notice it unless the ac's on and i'm outside the car.

B5T28
04-04-2006, 07:27 PM
mine is the ss series, the pedal is stiffer but its not unbearable. They originaly sent me the hd series but after installing it and having a problem with my spec flywheel they took it back and sent me the ss series and the new flywheel and just the design of the ss is so much more bulletproof. looking at the two side by side the ss is just straight up beefier, deffinately recomend the ss. plus if your doing more upgrades the ss has higher hp rating, and doing the clutch is not a fun venture

AFOUR_PLAY
04-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Do you recommend the SS if the car is a daily driver?

Eurotuned_A4
04-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by B5T28
mine is the ss series, the pedal is stiffer but its not unbearable. They originaly sent me the hd series but after installing it and having a problem with my spec flywheel they took it back and sent me the ss series and the new flywheel and just the design of the ss is so much more bulletproof. looking at the two side by side the ss is just straight up beefier, deffinately recomend the ss. plus if your doing more upgrades the ss has higher hp rating, and doing the clutch is not a fun venture

great info since im gonna be running the same setup.

JeffM1587
04-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by AFOUR_PLAY
B5T28 is running southbend with the fidanza flywheel.

I was looking at a SPEC stage 3+ kit but most people tend to recommend the Southbend kit.
my spec stage 3+ w/ lwfw has given me 0 problems, love it, great pedle feel and grabs everytime. no chatter, maybe once a month ill hear some but thats maybe

AudiA4_20T
04-05-2006, 03:56 AM
wait question... Do the revs go up faster as in just the overall acceleration of the car is better? Im kinda confused

NAT01
04-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Well, I don't own an Audi. I'm a DSM man, but I do know that with a lighter flywheel, it can help. There is less reciprocating mass so in result, the engine will have less mass to turn. Therefore there will be "some sort" of power increase and the engine will rev faster. Also, as far as clutch pedal feel goes, usually with a heavier duty clutch, the fingers on the plate will be stronger, and provide more clamping force. This is why a lot of times, guys will upgrade to a stainless steel clutch line, because there is more pressure in the line. Good luck in your choice.

-Chris

B5T28
04-05-2006, 10:35 AM
yeah the ss is a great daily driver, after a couple of times driving it you won't even notice that its a little bit tougher to push down. the only time your like whoa this is a stiff clutch is when you take your buddys honda out and almost put your foot through his firewall...

lovintheboost
04-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by AFOUR_PLAY
The Flywheel I have is second hand with a resurface kit.

Did you have a lot of chatter?
ya there was a bit of chatter during take off. i would just bring the revs up a bit more asnd slip the clutch more then i would with a stock FW made for a smoother start

fred2ka4
04-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Are the performance gains worth the chatter?? I have heard different view points but I don't think I could put up with the noise every day, but that's just me ...[rolleyes]

B5T28
04-05-2006, 01:04 PM
I've never heard anything to do with chatter, it does get very jerky at low speeds but thats if your not paying attention to driving smooth