PDA

View Full Version : xm radio on stock bose deck

xcdhracer15
04-03-2006, 05:42 PM
i have 1997 a4 1.8tqm with the bose stereo.

what i'm wondering is can you have xm radio wired into the stock deck through an input (does stock have inputs?) or through the cd changer. ??

i havent had great luck with fm transmitters, and cassette adapters arent always the clearest.

what are my options.

and any xm recievers with red back lighting?

SilverBullet
04-03-2006, 06:59 PM
I got the XM Commander for my car, i had it installed at tweeter and all i have to do is tune it into a radio station. But from what i saw them doing it was a really easy install. But the XM commander fits perfectly right above the hazard button.

fred2ka4
04-03-2006, 10:34 PM
I have XM satalite going through my stock deck using a tape adapter and it doesn't sound bad. They have an adapter that you can use through your cdc input, and that has the best sound. I don't recomend fm modulators, because of all the sound quality options it's the worst. The cdc input has the best sound but the only drawback is you lose your cd changer, but there are ways to get around that.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j91/fred2ka4/AudiA42001.jpg

Audi Skate Snow
04-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Mine came stock! ;)

xcdhracer15
04-04-2006, 06:30 AM
my problem is i cant find anything to work on 97's, they all say 98 and up. like the dension icelinks ater 98 and up.

anyone know where to get adapter to fit 97? or is it the same?

also is there anyway i could wire it so that i could have xm and my cd changer, and put a switch somewhere to go between the 2? gotta be a way to do this.

AudiSport12
04-05-2006, 10:20 PM
i just used the cassette adapter and got prety clear sound with it. i just got tired of the wire running to the HU.
BTW, i want to get rid of my XM Roady, if anyone wants to buy it from me cheap.