PDA

View Full Version : Help needed ASAP

werksmini
04-03-2006, 02:50 PM
I thought my battery was dead so I went to autozone and it held a charge. I reinstall it and all it does it turn over. Could this be the imobilizer?
I tried to run vag-com but I couldnt get it to connect to run. I tried ports 1-4 and they all found the device (cable) but it dosent connect to the car. Its connected right, I found the cable in device manager, and the car ignition is on.

Any help?

BarryT82
04-03-2006, 02:52 PM
immobilizer isn't on the B5's in the U.S. Can you hear the fuel pump kicking on when you turn the key?

werksmini
04-03-2006, 03:05 PM
would a fuel pump cut out so suddenly? I drove it to school a few weeks ago and havent driven it untill now. The battery was drained. Now its full but it just turns over and dosent start. Ill go check the pump.

BarryT82
04-03-2006, 03:51 PM
I drove to New Jersey with a friend in his GTI. His car was running fine. We stopped to get some food and went to start it and it wouldn't start. Fuel pump went out. It wasn't cheap either.

werksmini
04-03-2006, 04:30 PM
****, any way to test it for sure besides listening? Will I definately hear it? Is it in tank? I dont have any tools at school so I dont think I can change it unless its mad easy.

Also I removed the ECU to run a boost line into the cabin. Would the car even turn over it the ECU wasnt connected?

werksmini
04-03-2006, 05:56 PM
I just went to the car and checked, it was dead silent when I turned on the ignition. I do now remember the fuel pump area being loud for a while.

Is there a chance the the fuel pump relay went bad? I had a messed up jump where the lines melted, im not sure if that would be enough to do it. I checked the fuses.

If the filter is clogged would replacing that magicaly make the fuel pump work again?

I guess the biggest questions is how hard is it to replace yourself.